Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

'86 ranger front end on '93 explorer?

I have access to the front clip of a 2wd 1986 ranger (still on the truck, so I can get all the pieces I need) and I was thinking about trying to swap it onto my 1993 Explorer. So far, here's what I'm noticing while looking at these 2 pictures it seems like the front of the doors and the...
  2. J

Painted black rims picture???

here's my old '91. body is done up in truck bed liner and the wheels were sprayed with flatblack spray paint.
  3. J

Manually shifted BW13-54 question

What's the overall distance that the shifter travels from it's position all the way forward to all the way back? I'm working on designing something that should change the way faulty bw 13-54 t-cases are fixed and need a few figures.
  4. J

1994 explorer help

There are a few things that could cause your rig to do this. A bad ground somewhere, a bad alternator, or a bad battery could cause this.
  5. J

jg09's "ABS light on" repair

If you're anything like me, you're really annoyed by this dash light. It's really bright; at night, it's blindingly bright. And that pisses me off. If you're like me, you're also broke and can only afford a cheap solution. Well, that's what we have here. Here's the offending light These...
  6. J

Looking at oil options

thanks for the advice. I have a feeling that it's probably rocker arms as well since it really doesn't affect the driveability of the truck until the higher RPM range. Trying to accelerate quickly on the freeway or climbing grades it pretty bad (and very noisy). Around town, though, the truck is...
  7. J

Fuel in oil

sounds like bad rings. My other thought is similar to what happened to the 350 in my old chev truck. We were having ignition issues and were cranking it over and over and over again while trying to fix it. Eventually, all the fuel that was being pumped into the cylinders built up and got around...
  8. J

Looking at oil options

My '93 Explorer has been making some pretty loud lifter noise since I got it. 2 months and 4k miles later, it hasn't gotten any worse and its not affecting the driveability or power of the engine, but it's incredibly annoying. I've tried Napa lifter cleaner as well as CD2 and neither of them did...
  9. J

cruise control stuck on - please help

My first explorer had this problem, it wasn't sensing when the brakes were being applied. I could use cruise control to hold brake stand burnouts lol
  10. J

got a booboo

Something similar happened with my old '92. When mine went, I heard a loud pop and then boiling transmission fluid started dumping out. I overheated the tranny in 4 low and I'm pretty sure it messed up the front pump
  11. J

Pushrod length

I'm looking for pushrod's for my '93 Explorer's engine and this is what I'm seeing on the RockAuto catalog: Which length/option should I go for? How should I figure out what I need? I'll be replacing the rocker arms as well.
  12. J

'93 Explorer 4wd issues

So I just bought yet another explorer (I just can't stay away from them) and the transfercase shifted just fine on the test drive. On my way home, I was going down the highway and the transfercase suddenly shifted into 4hi and the 4wd light next to the dash button came on dimly. I pulled into a...
  13. J

A couple pics of my project.

amazing work so far! i have to say, i love the concept of this build as well as the overall outcome so far. I'm definitely gonna check back for updates frequently
  14. J

Show your 1st gen flex

the first '91 was run until 330k miles (original engine and tranny, never rebuilt) and it had no life left in it. I had gotten another car and actually gave that one away. The other '91 had a cracked block and the '92 had a blown up transmission. I was going to put the tranny from the '91 into...
  15. J

MoabB2's 1989 Bronco II - July 2009 Feature Truck

you probably already know this, but i was looking at lift kits on National Wheel & Tire's website and realized that they used your B2 to represent their Bronco II section. check it out! http://www.ntwonline.com/Ford_Suspension_Lift_Kits_C83.cfm
  16. J

Show your 1st gen flex

i don't think that i've posted these in here. this is my old '92 with the front sway bars removed and the rears disconnected that's pretty much max flex for that truck. the back driver side tire was just starting to come off the ground. i could push down on it and make the truck rock side...
  17. J

jg09's 1991 Ford Explorer

i realized it's been quite some time since I posted any updates on my project. it... er... died... here's the '91 in its current state: the '92 is even less recognizable. the cause of the '91's engine issues was a cracked block. i ran out of funds for the project and since i wasn't very far...
  18. J

older v8 in a 91

i do agree that putting an explorer body onto something would indeed be MUCH easier. it's something i've been thinking about doing for a while now. thanks for the input, it definitely helps!
  19. J

older v8 in a 91

so i guess the next question is: has anyone on here converted an Explorer over to an engine with a carb?
  20. J

older v8 in a 91

i've been trying to search the site for the answers to my questions, and i haven't really been finding much for an answer. so i'm going to ask them here and hope someone can help out. 1.) If I get a late 70's/early 80's 4WD F250, can i use the non-EFI 351/390 in my '91 Explorer? I'd also use...
  21. J

I couldn't figure out why it's running so bad, so I dropped it off at my mechanic's shop. he's going to take a look at it. he says it sounds like a major vacuum leak. I think it sounds like more than that, but hey, he's the professional. He's going to try and get it up and running the way it...
  22. J

it runs!!!! i assembled everything and it runs again! just not very well. don't know why, i'll look into it though. but it runs and it drove about 50 feet today. so did the black '92. they're now hanging out in the driveway together
  23. J

More updates: Got the heads out this morning (didn't really work on it yesterday) and put the new gaskets in, just have to torque the heads down. I'm getting a water pump and timing chain, but debating whether or not I want to install them now. I also got a nice surprise when I saw how nice the...
  24. J

Axle Shaft Spacer & Snap Ring - How important are these?

side note: i completely sheared my hubs into 2 pieces with them unlocked and with the truck in 2wd
  25. J

Axle Shaft Spacer & Snap Ring - How important are these?

i say keep them on still, just to be safe
Back