Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Long time no post but purchase question

Thanks for help No mods planned, just need a bigger ride for work as the gear seems to be piling up from gig to gig. So 2003 and beyond it shall be... Peace
  2. R

Long time no post but purchase question

Have 1st gen X that I'm ready to part with. Will want to replace with 2002 or later up to $10k. Any years I should stay away from or common faults with said year? Thanks much in advance. Ross
  3. R

Where to find lugs online for 91X 15x7 wheel?

Local PepBoys lug head is too big. Don't want them from stealer. Just looking for OEM lugs for my 91. Thanks...
  4. R

Anyone ever tried this mod for MPG or a lil HP?

Love the responses and just confirming my own suspicions. Thanks guys...
  5. R

Anyone ever tried this mod for MPG or a lil HP?

Ad in Poplular Mechanics Or is this just like the Tornado??
  6. R

Open door this morning and fuel pump kicks on??

So I'm clear on this, this is not the fuse in the upper box but the relay which is under the box or to the side of it?
  7. R

Open door this morning and fuel pump kicks on??

Is this the common fuel pump relay problem? Do I need to just swap out fuses or buy/clean/fix the relay that's under the fuse box? It eventually turns off after car shuts down but it definitely runs for a good five minutes all by itself.
  8. R

Cons of running an open (stuck) t-stat?

Awwwwwwww sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
  9. R

Wise Guy, just looked at the wweather. Thanks for making my nuts shrivel even before it gets cold here. At 32, I feel like an old man waiting for Spring already.
  10. R

My stat is stuck open, I'm pretty sure. Will this just cause a rich condition for now until I swap in the new one?
  11. R

4 tires/rims $30 pick up next two days or in ALLEY!!

15x7 rim with the munchkin holes all around. Clear coat is still OK, flaking in a few places.
  12. R

4 tires/rims $30 pick up next two days or in ALLEY!!

Need to get rid of 4 Gen 1 rims/tires (firestone wilderness h/t) with at least one year left. One tire has 5K only. Come pick up for $30 or they're going in alley Wednesday night. Location near DePaul, Chicago. Ross
  13. R

Fuel Economy Update!

Shutout, what's the TPS mod? Can u explain? Ive got the intake and TB but haven't heard of TPS mod. TIA...
  14. R

New pinging solution, read on...

So I'm looking through another car manual and it states that after heavy stop n go or city driving it is important to get on highway and "let the engine breathe" by dropping into lower gear and running 3000 rpms or greater for 5-10 minutes. Well, I did it for 20 in D, or 3rd and can't get it to...
  15. R

Bought BMW 540 since hit n run

and let me tell you how much fun this is to drive. I found a 95 540 auto with 80K on the clock and a brand new factory 4.0L V8 installed, less than 1000 miles and 100K warranty. Service history to mile 1 and very well cared for. Just finished the break in and still taking it easy but this...
  16. R

Got hit n run by black BMW this weekend...

Body shop says the frame is "diamonded" meaning that back got puched to one side and front to the other. Remains "square" in the sense that it is equal but out of true square. Its a total loss b/c of age and amount of damage--but not to me $3K + in damage so Ill put her up for awhile and...
  17. R

We bent most of the damage back into driveable shape and got rid of whatever vibration there was. Ill just let her keep getting banged up until she splits in half. She is now definitely just the work truck:( However, I can now snag that 540 I've been waiting a long time for:D
  18. R

I am driving it and its ok but has a vibration at higher speeds that wasn't there before. All lights and signals work though.
  19. R

What stings is that I canceled collision on Nov 12 b/c it wasn't worth it on a 13 yr old truck:mad: Stephen, you're right. It should be covered by his insurance but since no one got the plates State Farm can't prove he was uninsured. So I get stuck with it unless he pops up somewhere...
  20. R

Yeah, any suggestions for a new rig are welcomed. Its a work truck, meaning I drive around all day and OCCASIONALLY carry a load. I would probably go with the V6 from a cost issue and chip it with intake but again, I'm game. I know I can find 99-01s with 35-50K miles in the $10K range here...
  21. R

Got the wake up call at 3am Sunday morning from Chicago's finest. I thought it was a friend playing with me. The BMW hit me hard enough that I ended up with both rears WAY ON the grass and did some damage to the pickup in front of me. Several witnesses couldn't catch the plates but said the...
  22. R

94 XTL DIES ON ACCELERATION

I lost two injectors causing the same problem--needed to get through an intersection or crossing real quick, hit the gas and scream for my life. Do you have a mechanic's stethoscope? You can hear the clicking as the injector open and closes-if not you will need to replace. Others may disagree...
  23. R

Do all 1st Gen X's have axle pivot bushings?

Are you sure? Just want a 2nd opinion? Mine is 2 wheel drive, that's why.
  24. R

dossler2002

Ordered some center caps and they came just like he said they would. Thanks... another successful transaction.
Back