Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. mksu19

Gen 2 headlight upgrade

Ok thanks! If I get mine and install the HID's before you do, I will create a DIY and link it to this thread. Thanks again!
  2. mksu19

Not Really New to the Forum Chiming In!

Thanks guys! I hope to document everything I do to this truck starting with better headlights. Then maybe the lift and then under drive pulleys. I am so impressed with Aldives MPG's that I too am in the quest for better fuel economy.
  3. mksu19

Gen 2 headlight upgrade

I messaged the eBay seller and he informed me that the bulb cover for the low beam (on back) is rubber. Is it different otherwise? If so, can you maybe post a picture of how you were able to install the HID's into these lights? Thanks! EDIT: Just an FYI, I am not new to HID's or headlight...
  4. mksu19

Gen 2 headlight upgrade

I am planning on getting these light kit and install HID's also. My question is, how were you able to install the HID's on them? I ask only be ause it looks like they have rubber bulb covers for the low beam. I wanted to find out how I could drill a hole on the cover to install the HID bulb. Or...
  5. mksu19

Not Really New to the Forum Chiming In!

Well it's been a while since I last posted about "MY" own Explorer. As some of you probably remember, I was from BC, Canada and the last Explorer I had was eaten by the local car wash where I was from. Well we had since moved from Maple Syrup Land back to the good old US of A! Anyways, I am...
  6. mksu19

CHP Screwed Me, Hit and Run Case! Need Legal Advice ASAP!!!

I was involved in an attempted hit and run accident and the CHP officer who wrote the report did not include the fact that I had to chase the other driver. Luckily for me, the other driver took the course where I could eventually catch up to her due to a toll plaza. Once there, the CHP took...
  7. mksu19

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

This is exactly how I want my grocery getter to look like! Except for instead of running the same tires as SploderXLT, I will fit mine with Interco TSL's!
  8. mksu19

91-09 Explorer 5" of lift for under 300.00

Can someone please confirm if the parts number is correct? I only see a part #833 and not #883 on Summit's website. Thanks! EDIT: Better yet, can someone please post the link to the part(s) I need for my 1999 Explorer 4DR 4.0. Thanks again!
  9. mksu19

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

Could one install a 2" coil spacers and AAL on top of a 4" suspension lift kit to acheive a 6" all suspension lift? Thanks in advance! ;)
  10. mksu19

BUMP! ;)
  11. mksu19

weird suspension noises

Bump! ;)
  12. mksu19

4" lift & 33's

Ok, so the leaf packs will give you 4" of lift in the rear? Im planning on ordering the Rough Country lift system and would like to find out as much on them as possible. Thanks in advance! ;)
  13. mksu19

weird suspension noises

What should I do when U-Joints are dry other than spraying it with WD40 every morning? I mean, will I need to get them (GULP!) replaced!? Any other areas that I should check? Thanks in advance! ;)
  14. mksu19

weird suspension noises

Clicking noise from my X seems to be coming from the front, mostly during the beginning stages of braking or slowing down. When I engage the brakes fully, it seems to go away. My calipers, rotors and pads are only a couple months old. Could it be from a suspension component or something? My...
  15. mksu19

Thanks tbars4! EDIT: Marge is gone!!! :D
  16. mksu19

Recommendations please

Thanks a bunch guys! ;)
  17. mksu19

Quick question (for FROADER or anyone in the know), if using a 4" lift kit supplied with an Add-a-leaf for the rear, should one install a lifted shackle as well to level the rear to the front? Thanks in advance! ;)
  18. mksu19

Quick question (from my brother), does the 4" rough country suspension lift (Dead Link Removed) for the 1st gen an actual 4" lift? Is it a good kit? Anyone have experience on this? Thanks y'all!
  19. mksu19

Recommendations please

Too bad you dont live in the lower mainland, then you could do it for cheap! :D Thanks for the, uh, offer? ;)
  20. mksu19

Recommendations please

Where exactly is north shore off road located at and do they have a website? Thanks big guy! :) I'd like to lift it just about 4" or so, just enough to clear some meaty 33's.
  21. mksu19

Recommendations please

Can anyone recommend a decent (cheap) shop to get an explorer lifted in the Burnaby/New West (BC) area? Labor only please. Thanks!
  22. mksu19

Saw this on "leetz's" Car Domain profile, just wondering if anyone has any info on this (i.e. lift size, mods, etc.) X. Thanks! ;) EDIT: Sorry if this photo is a repost! :D
  23. mksu19

Will it be (pretty much) the same on the second gen X's? Also, anyone know if I could combine a 4" lift with maybe a TT + AAL to gain the extra height? I'd rather go all the way suspension than have to deal with an expensive (install) BL. Thanks! ;) EDIT: Also, would it be harder to lift a...
  24. mksu19

Whats the difference? I plan on running TSL's 33X12.5's, would it look/perform better with the 4" Suspension + 3" B/L or can I get away with just the 4" suspension? Does anyone out there have any pics for reference/comparison? Thanks guys!
  25. mksu19

Are The Ford Explorers And The Ford Everest The Same?

I heard that in the Philippines it cost less than $25K brand new!
Back