Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Black out my Explorer?

Might be time to trade that Liberty!
  2. J

Black out my Explorer?

Jutgin's was 2" coils plus 3" body lift with 285's! No rubbing. There is a thread on here from Roadbully about using a body lift from a ranger.
  3. J

Burning sport trac

Thought I recognized this truck! http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-friends-weekend/index.html#/v/1346621454001/santa-saves-stranger-from-burning-car/?playlist_id=163197?test=faces
  4. J

New Ex?

Hmm I didnt know there was already. Gives you something to B@tch about though..
  5. J

New Ex?

Oh, well I guessed I just crawled out from under my rock! I kinda like it and kinda dont...
  6. J

New Ex?

You guys seen this? http://www.autospies.com/news/2008-DETROIT-AUTO-SHOW-Next-Ford-Explorer-gets-good-looking-and-gets-an-iDrive-24989/
  7. J

Thanks for all the help guys

Sold it for a 2007 Grand cherokee limited, 5.7 hemi LOADED! Sweet ride, wife took it from me and I bought an old cherokee to beat around in.
  8. J

Thanks for all the help guys

X2 This is a much better community.
  9. J

How to: 3rd Gen BODY LIFT. Install.

I dont have that ex anymore (miss it) but I dont remember exactly but I know it sucked! V8
  10. J

mountaineer is going under the knife

Macknos, time to change your avatar!
  11. J

Off Road performance gains

That was awful to read. Try spacing it out and some periods. I'd love to see 35's on a 3rd gen.
  12. J

They stopped making the YJ in 1996, technology has brought the wrangler quite a ways since then.
  13. J

Love it, it's actually an LJ, which is just a TJ thats extended. I love the XJ's also, bullet proof I6. I would own a XJ. They are rare but you can find them with leather.
  14. J

New Member Question: 2001 FST 4X4

You should worry about the tranny with this mileage...
  15. J

4WD module

Thats probably with the core charge added? You may get some back with the return of old unit.
  16. J

Very good, I love this design. It's a T-1 front and rear. Tons of ground clearance with the portal and next best thing to a locker but still pavement friendly with the Torsen. I heard the FX4 Ranger had Torsens, do a swap? Dont know if it's the T-case or diffs though...
  17. J

Hmm, I hope not. You were probably right, I didnt get squat for my trade in. I guess the real question is how much is it worth to you to be a bit more off road capable. I still think that a locker in the rear would pull you through most that you do as long as you have good tread on the tires...
  18. J

Wow there is a bunch of crazy talk on here. Thelt, I thought you had some lift on? You definitely dont need 6"s of lift for 285's. They are 1" taller than 265's. Any suspension lift you do will raise your clearance. Also something that will help you offroad alot is a locker. Even if you're...
  19. J

01 Sport Trac 4WD not working

http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213078 I think I still have one in the garage if you want it I'll sell it cheaper than you can buy.
  20. J

01 Sport Trac 4WD not working

Most likely its the 4x4 control module. Little black box behind the glove box.
  21. J

Not what I was expecting...

Just wanted to make you aware, and yes I think so, in other words you should look it up to be sure. I'm not 100% positive.
  22. J

Cranked it back? I think the torque spec is 203 ft lbs. It may be in the owners manual. I wing it on some things, an axle nut is not one of them.
  23. J

315's

No it doesnt apply.
  24. J

Doesnt it have to be pressed on? Should cost more than 80
Back