Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

No voltage from ANY o2 sensors

I am having this issue too. I am using an elm scan tester. Other cars show voltage in the Torque app. I have a 1998 4x4 4.0 and it shows 0V. I have replaced all 3 O2 sensors (2 upstream and 1 downstream). Easier job than I thought but still 0V. I have a digital multi meter and can test out of...
  2. R

160k knock

After pulling off the valve cover and pulling the valves apart, I found that the Valve Retainer is 2 pieces. There is a huge amount of play between the 2 pieces. I will post after I replace the part.
  3. R

160k knock

I have a 99 Mercury Mountaineer / Explorer 2x4 with a 5.0. I am getting a loud knock at idle up past 4k RPM. (Don't want to blow the motor and test higher.) It has always had a knock sound at high RPM and under load, but more suttle. It seems to follow the RPM curve. It has 160k miles and have...
  4. R

Automatic climate control issues.

By a huge heatsink... I think I found the issue... I think the original died because of the dust on it and the LV heat couldn't cool that huge heatsink. I bought 3 at Pick A Part for $10 and all 3 work. There seems to be an upgraded version with a different number. I had 2 of...
  5. R

Is there a way to measure to see if the resistor is working correctly? I have a multimeter, but what should the resistance be?
  6. R

I will try to remove and clean the resistor tonight. Thank you for your input. P.S. Koda2000 - I like your signiture.
  7. R

I mean the blower fan turns off. The controller (User interface in the cab) works normally.
  8. R

2013 Focus ST

That is the ST I would get. I have a 02 ZTS now.
  9. R

Hello, I have a 99 Mercury Mountaineer 4x2 with a 5.0. It is equipped with the automatic climate control. If you have it in full automatic, it turns that A/c on and runs the blower fan at full speed. When it gets close to the set temperature, it is suppose to slow the fan down and maintain...
  10. R

99 2x4 with 302 / 5.0 oil pan leak.

Just undo the engine mount? Or is there more to it?
  11. R

99 2x4 with 302 / 5.0 oil pan leak.

Hello. I have been searching on the site for an hour and can't get a complete answer. I know with AWD you have to raise the engine to change the oil pan gasket. But what about the 2x4 with the 5.0? I have read that it is easier, but it is not stated how it is easier. Can I just unbolt the...
  12. R

Noise when pressing gas pedal

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193619 Does this sound like your issue? I will be checking mine.
  13. R

What else could go wrong? Loud sound.

Found it. This is the Hose between the Canister Purge Valve and the Intake. That was the exact code the car had. Gross leak in Evap system. Thanks guys!!! All fixed. :D
  14. R

Noise when pressing gas pedal

When you say bearings, you mean engine bearings. Does it sound like detonation? Does it go away or is less when you put high octane fuel in. I have a noise in my 99 MM w/5.0. It sounds like detonation but is not consistent at all. It is only at load. Sometimes I can go up a big hill with...
  15. R

Sorry guys, I thought my wife said that the sound had stopped. I guess I listen to her instead of hear her. I will keep you up to date! Thanks guys.
  16. R

The noise has stopped, on its own. I will have to do some diagnosing on the EVAP system this week end. Thanks for the input guys!
  17. R

I have a 1999 Merc Mount 2x4 with 5.0. It is late and hot here in Vegas and the engine bay was almost intolerably hot, so didn't get too far with it. There is a whine / Humming sound coming from the drivers sideish engine bay. I checked the A/C compressor, Power Steering, center Idler, Water...
  18. R

What is this thing and is it missing a hose?

Thanks, I thought I would check. You can see I was changing my shocks when we noticed it. THANKS!!!!!
  19. R

What is this thing and is it missing a hose?

There is a black box on the top of one of the rear sub-frames. It lives above the fuel tank. It may be a vapor canister. My buddy wanted me to make sure that the nipple did not need a hose on the one end. I told him that it was probably made for a few cars that required it. But, is this...
  20. R

code p0340, replaced camshaft sensor, still throwing a code, A/C related???

Wow I am having the same touble code on my 1999 Mec Mount 5.0. I also replaced the alternator recently and couple weeks ago. The alternator was making a loud sound, so I replaced it right before my wife had to drive to California. On the way out, she pulled over, called me and said it was...
Back