Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Ignition issues? CHECK YOUR COIL PACK FOR RUST!!

I cleaned mine and seemed better for just a bit. Started pulling wires off while it was running and #4 made no difference in idle. Replaced coil pack and running much better. Marble noise under acceleration gone. They do run better on all cylinders!
  2. S

rattle noise durring acceleration?

I went this route to fix my "rattle". Under acceleration, I was getting a rattle. I also had a rough idle, especially when it was warm and muggy. After cleaning MAF replacing IAC, plugs, wires, not much change. Then I found the coil threads and went that route. Pulled the #4 wire and it ran the...
  3. S

Size of the oil filter?

I am really sold on the Amsoil EA filters, 15K miles or one year. Can be difficult to get ahold of but, a very good filter with long life! Dead Link Removed
  4. S

Cruise control steering wheel switch replacement

swebb50,I'm guessing you hooked up a/both connectors upside down....;)
  5. S

Rear wiper skips

I ground my tabs down a while back and it really didn't do much, just got fed up with it and ground em down some more (4"grinder) works like new! Thanks again Serious Explorations!
  6. S

Cruise control steering wheel switch replacement

If you pulled wires read me I was impatient while waiting in a parking lot for my wife to come out and pulled the wires out of my plug. When I returned home I looked up this post for advise, chastised myself for my impatience and got to work.(I did pull plug out easily with a pliers later) I...
  7. S

help with A/C

Among other problems ;)
  8. S

help with A/C

Having the same issue with my 2000 ex. Had any luck in diagnosing?
  9. S

Lower Ball Joint Replacement How To (lots of Pictures)

Great post, the video helped immensely!!! Wasn't afraid to use that hammer after that :) I now have a bad vibration in the front right after this and will post when I figure that out. Problem with vibration was power steering pump. Hmmm..... Took it in cause I thought I really geebered...
  10. S

How To: Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint Replacement (Lots of Pictures)

Great post. I did this yesterday and also threw in outer tie-rod ends, brakes,sway bar bushings(they where gone at 76,00mi) and spark plugs (great access at this time) The rt. upper control arm had been re-designed into a one piece item and gave me some concern. All went smoothly with install...
  11. S

Sway Bar Bushing Replacement

Great post!!! I did this along with a host of other fixes under there today. Did not replace the Frame to sway bar bushings and had some trouble getting nuts on bottom of sway bar bushing ends. Threw a ratchet strap over the top and around the bottom and gotter slick!!! Thanks alot!!
Back