Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Old Hippie

Where does this go? 93 Explorer door

Yes, I know. Where bout's? Got a picture? I just have it hangin' temporarily on a screw in my picture.
  2. Old Hippie

Where does this go? 93 Explorer door

Where does this electrical box on a 93 Explorer 4 door w/electric windows and door locks go? I fixed the electric motor and forgot where it goes.
  3. Old Hippie

Power Window Bushing Replacement

I'm guessing they are made out of a soft material that gives when it gets to the end of the travel and saves the gear teeth (shock absorber). It crumbles rather than staying in pieces to allow the gear to continue to rotate saving the gear teeth when they fails.
  4. Old Hippie

Catastrophic timing chain failure

What determines possible engine damage when timing belt/chain breaks? Overhead valve engines? Ford? Buick (GM)? My sis had a Buick. Manual said to replace timing chain or belt at such-an-such mileage. I think it was an OHV engine. I ask a GM mechanic about this and he said "haug wash, no damage...
  5. Old Hippie

Old Hippie's X

None except swapped the stock tape deck for an MP3/CD player and replaced the speakers that would take crankability. Gota' have my Led Zeppelin at a reasonable amplitude.
  6. Old Hippie

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

Ok, I'm here now. Ya'll can all go home.:crazy: Been here on the Serious Explorations forum for 3 plus years but just had a MAJOR dollar savings thanks to 85Dave! Thought I was gona' havta' buy a used or new window motor. Replaced the window regulator gear plugs and it's like new! I JOINED...
  7. Old Hippie

Old Hippie's X

93' X 4x4 XLT Pics taken 2005 with 93,000 miles.
  8. Old Hippie

93 Driver's Side window Bushings Replacement

My 93' uses 6mm bolts. Lost one and had to go replace it so that's why this stuck in head. FOLLOW UP: Stopped by the FoMoCo parts department. They looked up the drawing for the model/year and said there are RIVETS that held the motor onto the door, not flange bolts! Go figure! The bolts on...
  9. Old Hippie

Power Window Bushing Replacement

Head lights are the same way. When one goes, the other follows within a month or less. I just saved whatever the going rate of a window motor yesterday by following this thread. Thanks 85Dave! No bragging but did exactly what Blacksheep Josh said, became an Elite Explorer!
  10. Old Hippie

Project X = Window Repair

OUCH! Those Chinese like driving automobiles! Where's Chiang Kai-shek when we need him? Dorman Help! Window Regulators Gear Plugs #74410 O'Reilly auto parts - $7.99
  11. Old Hippie

Power Window Motor I'm Stumped HELP **update more details**

$70? OUCH! Found a drivers side "cluster switchs" for $22.50! Ford Explorer 1991-1994 Window Master Control Switch http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001MOVR0K/ref=asc_df_B001MOVR0K1635783?smid=A3NRQ9EKSXAQKS&tag=pgmp-1587-01-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B001MOVR0K another for $22.50...
  12. Old Hippie

How to: 1992 Power Window Bushing Replacement

THANKS! I cringe to think what a motor cost! To the Ford engineer that designed it so one has to drill a hole to get to one of the three bolts: May the devil himself have pleasure with your wife!
  13. Old Hippie

Solved 1998 - 2002 Ford Explorer Stereo Wiring Diagrams ARE HERE!!!!!

No CD audio but radio works 93' Ford Explorer XLT 4 door automatic I had an AIWA stereo in the Explorer. It's getting old, CD skips. Bought a SONY CDX-GT55UIW. I was told that since I had a 3rd party unit already installed rather than the Ford factory, I could use the existing wire harness...
  14. Old Hippie

Engine Cooling

I would think that first, you need to find out what caused it to be "eaten" away. I had the same problem but I replaced the fan blades with treated lumber and no more termite problem.:rolleyes:
  15. Old Hippie

93 air filter hose/duct help needed

Ref: 93 Explorer 4x4 4 door XLT 4LT Automatic Trans. I need the 2" dia. hose/duct that runs from the air filter box to the manifold. hose/duct is much like clothes dryer exhaust except 2" dia. and probably more hear resistant. Dealer says no longer available. Nothing at junk yards in my area...
  16. Old Hippie

I need a new/rebuilt ECM--where to look?

Need a ECM also!!!! 93 Explorer XLT I need one also. 93 Explorer XLT 4x4 4 door auto Won't start, engine turns over but no sputter at all. I have fire to plugs. Shoot gas in intake and it sputters. Installed my PCM Power Relay in another Explorer, it ran. Replaced Fuel Pump Relay, Fuel...
  17. Old Hippie

1991 explorer fuse panel diagram

Fig. 7: 1991 Explorer 4.0L engine wiring Fig. 8: 1991 Explorer body wiring http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/0b/a9/c7/0900823d800ba9c7/repairInfoPages.htm
  18. Old Hippie

Computers, Sensors, MILs, CELs, PCM Inputs and More

By what I'm reading, the ECM (automobile computer) should be renamed CATASTROPHIC CONVERTER.
  19. Old Hippie

Can seats be reversed?

Can the front seats in a 93' XLT be reversed? I got a fat ass and the driver side is starting to show some wear. I want to swap driver w/passenger side and passenger w/driver side but don't want to swap frames that have the power seat stuff.
  20. Old Hippie

oxymoron

That's me! http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/78/Cousin_Eddie.jpg
  21. Old Hippie

oxymoron

Sorry, no magnets. I got an ICD in my chest and can't even have another MRI. If someone got near me with a magnetic personality it would come flying out like the baby alien in the Alien(s) movies.
  22. Old Hippie

oxymoron

Thanks a bunch, I needed that. That's why! Sorry, I missed it. Too many schroons years ago I guess. Thanks for letting me know, I feel so small now. Anyone else here that use to get "small"?
  23. Old Hippie

oxymoron

New Member Forum (34 Viewing) "The place for new members to introduce themselves to our family of Ford Explorer enthusiasts and to ask any questions about the message board software." I take this as not to post questions other than about the forum software and to say hello.
  24. Old Hippie

oxymoron

MANY, MANY mushrooms ago. I'm a 56 year old disabled veteran now and can't do that lifestyle anymore except listening to Led Zeppelin which brought me to the original problem, blown speakers!
  25. Old Hippie

oxymoron

Thanks! http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32320
Back