Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Transfer Case Oil

VEHICLE: '97 Explorer XLT, V6, 4.0 SOHC, AUTO, 52,000 miles Just got back from the dealer shop with what I thought would be a very minor engine oil leak due to a loose filter or plug, or some other minor nuisance item from my oil change service two weeks ago. (Note: I checked the engine...
  2. C

Brake Pads

Had "Bendix" brake pads installed today (all four wheels). A co-worker asked me if I received pads that are riveted or glued; he informed me these are the methods of pad attachment to the backing assembly. Question: Anyone out there know the answer to this question??
  3. C

Fuel Injection Cleaning

Fuel Injection Cleaning question: Are the store bought additives just as good as getting a "fuel injection cleaning" service at a shop. An opinion I received says to use something like Chevron Techron(?or some name similar to this) unless I am experiencing some rough idle problems, that...
  4. C

Auto Tranny Fluid Levels??General Trans. Questions...

Wish I could provide an answer but yesterday after some minor work done in the tranny area I also noticed that my fluid level seems very high. I drove the vehicle until hot and placed in park with the engine still running as I repeatedly checked the stick. It was significantly above the...
Back