Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Self-healing torque converter rattle?

Verified fit. At least for my 2008 6R60. 1,000 miles on this swap so far. The Dorman 265-854 pan works with a Motorcraft FT-188 filter. The only difference I saw the original filter and the FT-188 was the pick up tube length. I also replaced the bulkhead sleeve O rings. Seal kit BL3Z-7Z276-A...
  2. R

Need Troubleshooting Help - Transmission Going Erratic

The 2008 V8 transmission (6R60) would require Mercon SP. Yes?
  3. R

So I cannot find my A/C leak...

Very possible. If i remember right the insulation is glued on. I think I couldn't take it off to look for leak. New accumulator is $20-$25?
  4. R

So I cannot find my A/C leak...

I believe the pre '99 accumulators are wrapped with insulation. The insulation acted as a sponge holding condensation and causing rust and leaks. At least that's what happened to mine.
  5. R

How to make an access door to a fuel pump

Years ago I was able to do mine with all doors closed in a busy grocery store parking lot. Wouldn't have been able to drop the tank there. The pump wouldn't go even after access was cut and I was able to hammer tap the pump assembly itself. This procedure has it's place. Plus even though odds...
  6. R

A/C Problems

The cooler the ambient temp, the more often it will cycle.
  7. R

What Causes Battery Light to Come On

Not all are on the same circuit. Can't tell from your reply if battery icon lights up.
  8. R

What Causes Battery Light to Come On

Does the battery icon light up with the key in the on position and the motor not running? Icon should be above the speedometer needle.
  9. R

New Valoline Full Synthetic High Milage

The site with the best oil info and more is Bob Is The Oil Guy.
  10. R

Thump...thump...thump

Since it does it after the motor is off, my guess would be the cooling system. Have you checked coolant level. Be sure there is no pressure in the system before removing the radiator cap.
  11. R

Rear Door Lock Problem

Check the "child proof lever" On the door. You have to open the door to see it. Edit. On second thought, the door would not open from the inside locked or not if set to "child proof".
  12. R

1998 Sport X VIN 2wd AutoTrans R&R

No. No pitfalls. Just do it.
  13. R

front end making a creaking/squeaking noise???

How many miles are on your 2001? I had one that started squeaking at 35,000 miles. I injected a bit of oil in the ball joint boots to find the problem. After a few miles, no more squeak so I injected them with grease. I have had no problem since. It was my lowers that were dry.
  14. R

weird noise when stopped after a few seconds

Is the click constant or one time per stop?
  15. R

Now that I've installed a new hood release cable ....

"Maybe raising up the latch will release some pressure." Not maybe. It WILL. Guaranteed.
  16. R

Now that I've installed a new hood release cable ....

As Koda more or less said, the bumper adjustment is for matching hood height to the fenders. Adjust the latch for proper release.
  17. R

Hood release is getting bad - steps to take before its a lost cause

It's an up and down pivot so I'm thinking adjustment just makes it easier to open. Difficult to open is what stretched the cable. But it might help an already stretched cable problem. You have nothing to lose but 5 minutes.
  18. R

Hood release is getting bad - steps to take before its a lost cause

The hood release is adjustable. I just found this out while messing with my hard to release latch. First off, thanks to SoNic67 for the pic in this thread that will make the fix way easier to describe. Note the 2- 8mm bolts with fender washers. Before you loosen these, scribe a mark or use a...
  19. R

brakes locking

Your description of the problems are to vague for most to try to help you. Use the search feature and be as specific as you can when you get back.
  20. R

RPM's & A/C pump

2 to 3 seconds doesn't seem normal. Could be low on refrigerant.
  21. R

harsh downshifts and high idle until completely stopped?

Is there a gasket that goes with them? I don't know.
  22. R

Advise please

You should be looking for threads in this forum concerning that SOHC motor and it's possible problems.
  23. R

Locked keys in truck, does brute force keypad entry work?

If still locked out , PM me.
  24. R

Back passenger side door not opening

I just got my rear driver side door open today. Took 2 nuts off to swing the seat out of the way for room to pull door panel off. The problem was the usual broken spring. You will find posts showing this. Open the door opposite the bad one and with a flashlight look in where the mechanism is...
  25. R

How good is Auto 4wd?

The auto 4 was bypassed at the factory on this Explorer.
Back