Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Quality Paint Cheap PICS

how did you end up getting rid of the orange peel effect... thats always my biggest problem
  2. M

new seat covers and butt warmers. install?

anyone taken their seat covers off before?
  3. M

new seat covers and butt warmers. install?

hey guys i have someone making me a new set of seat covers for all three rows of seats and headrests... my question is how do i remove the factory seat covers or am if i am better off paying a shop to do it how much do you think they would charge me? I looked around couldn't find much more than...
  4. M

wheels from other mercurys

would weels from an 08 sable or mariner fit our cars?
  5. M

Rear rotors wont come off

sledgehammer method works well
  6. M

brush guard for a mountaineer

heres the link for the other one http://www.everythingsuv.com/waag_brush_guards_m_mountaineernew-esuv.asp still looking for the stainless :(
  7. M

thats so frusterating ive been looking everywhere for one JUST LIKE THAT (SS or chrome if possible) but i cant find them ANYWHERE help would be appreciated guys. Thanks been searching for a long time, the one in the pic is made by "polar bear" and is 750 bucks... and black (not stainless)...
  8. M

yeah theres one on ebay thats not bad but it has black rubber bumper guard thing on it... not a huge fan. Anyone ever find out whether it would mount up right if i cut into the bumper some?
  9. M

can anyone else tell where the mountaineer guard bolts onto the frame and such so i can get an idea of modification required... and since the mounty headlights are bigger you guys think it would look right?
  10. M

searched around for a while couldn't find one or any info. Anyone know if an explorer brush guard would fit on a mountaineer? looking for a chrome one if anyone knows where to get one.
  11. M

catalytic converter (s)

hey guys i have an 03 mounty but im posting about my brothers '00 mounty. He got a CEL, took it to the shop and they told him he needs to have a catalytic converter replaced... and that theres a few of them. Moreover, they told him its gonna cost him $2,000. My jaw dropped at that, so i wanted...
  12. M

Door ajar?

Hey guys i my car thinks one of my doors or my trunk or something is permanantly ajar, the interior lights don't go off until i start moving. I think that a sensor or something is bad... how do i figure out which one it is and either fix it or cut it?
  13. M

can some one test my home-made abs/pvc air intake pipe to compare it to stock?

for three runs prolly like 50-100 bucks depending on how many things you want hooked up (o2 sensor, ect)
  14. M

roof vents not blowing

how would i do that?
  15. M

Dynamat locations

oohh now it makes more sense.
  16. M

Dynamat locations

thanks but i think i want to be able to see out of the back window. Appreciate the help... anyone else dynamat the trunk?
  17. M

roof vents not blowing

haha no it doesn't come out regardless of which setting i put the floor/roof vent button. But thanks! any more ideas?
  18. M

Well the X is down for the count...

had the exact same problem a few weeks ago, had to get the whole tranny rebuilt... 2600 bucks. sucks... blinking light... OD doesn't work, car revs to 4-5k before it shifts... seemed to run fine until i took it into the shop.
  19. M

roof vents not blowing

hey guys, the heat/ac works great in the front, and it comes out of the center console... but none of the roof vents blow anything... i check the aux blower motor fuse under the hood and its fine... any ideas?
  20. M

Dynamat locations

k... so you placed dynamat on your glass? im confused...
  21. M

Dynamat locations

hey guys, ive put a pretty big system in the trunk of my mounty, running 1000 watts at 1ohm on two eclipse 12s... Loving the balance of SPL and SQ but the back hatch looks like a jackhammer when i turn it up, and also hearing the rattle isn't fun. Just wanted to see if any of you guys have...
  22. M

Tranny help

i have the exact same problem, havn't figured it out yet
  23. M

improper gear ratios and no O/D ideas?

hey guys, a while ago the OD OFF light on my mounty started blinking, and sure enough a week later a service engine soon light came on. Pulled the codes and i got a improper 5th gear ratio improper 2nd gear ratio something about a pressure control something any ideas? and would a good...
  24. M

Cig lighter and rear speakers just stop working?

hey man the cig lighter thing was right. I already checked the fuse "cigar lighter, OBD2" and itw as fine but i never knew that the power point #2 was the cig lighter. It was indeed blown, and it works now. The speakers are still a problem, and when i turn on my car now, sometimes the front left...
  25. M

Cig lighter and rear speakers just stop working?

is there a reason why my cig lighter in the back and both of my rear speakers would stop working? i had been working back there putting in a PS2 but i didn't go near any wires that would affect the speakers or cig lighter. Also i dont think the speakers are blown because they dont rattle or...
Back