Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

No start

It turns out the neutral safety switch was out of adjustment go figure lol
  2. D

No start

Yea It always started just fine but after I replaced all of the electrical parts I side the transmission it started do that I'm kinda leaning towards the neutral safety switch consider I had to remove it
  3. D

No start

I replaced that and I still have the same problem
  4. D

No start

Hey guys so here is the scoop I have a 96 ford explorer v6 to v8 swap 4406 tcase. So here is what is going I turn the key and it won't start now I can jump the relay under the hood and it starts I've check all the fuses and they are all good. When I turn the key I can hear some relays...
  5. D

front diff swap to one with center disconnect

hey guy I just completed my front diff swap to one that has the center disconnect Im stuck on the wiring I was wonder if any has done this before and how they wired everything up. back ground on my explorer V6 to V8 swap 4406 t case swap 2 inch TT lift and 31s
  6. D

oil pump

What would be a good high volume oil pump that i could get for my 5.0 at a decent price
  7. D

off road oil pan mishap

Hey guys I got the oil pan off thanks for the advice I had to take off the oil pump as well
  8. D

off road oil pan mishap

Do you need a special tool for the inner tie rod ends at all?
  9. D

off road oil pan mishap

yea thats what i figured and I have no idea how how to get the steering rack out
  10. D

off road oil pan mishap

Hey everyone Over this last weekend i was off roading and had something hit my oil pan and crack it. I did a temporary fix with J B weld. my explorer has a V8 with TT lift and a 4406 transfer case swap. I was wondering if anyone has some good tips or pointers on how to get the oil pan off...
  11. D

Rocker repair

yea ive been looking at parts trucks but I was more less thinking about cutting all the rust spots off and replacing them completely
  12. D

Rocker repair

Hey guys I need some ideas on how fix or replace my rusty rockers the drivers side is completely rusted out except for about 8 inches towards the front the passager side isnt as bad. What are your thoughts on how to fix it?
  13. D

VSS question for 4406 swap

Im having issues trying to find a gear so I can run my 31s I had to swap out the gear in the 4406 cause mine was a later model. So I have a 7 tooth gear in the 4406 and 3.73 gears in the diff
  14. D

Ive been thinking of a winch

I know they will look goofy but they are all I have right now. After all this is said and done I will have a lot of money into it by the end of the year bigger tires are low on the list. this is off topic but I just brought my 400 sbc to the machine shop on friday to get built its going in my...
  15. D

Needs to be louder

what engine do you have 4.0 ohv 4.0 sohc or the 5.0?
  16. D

ok I was thinking of a 10000lb one I can get off of a buddy for dirt cheap and it works well. I may have to put it hold tho I notice that I have a lifter tick developing on my drivers side head not surprising considering I have 220K on the engine but Im planning on rebuilding it this summer and...
  17. D

Hey Yall Ive been thinking about buying a winch for my 96 4 dr ex now Ive done the v6 to v8 swap on it and put a 4406 in plus a 2 inch lift. Now I was wondering what the best lb rating I should get ex 10,000lb abd so on and the best way to mount it on my Ex is?? What do you yall think?
  18. D

Picture of leak, replace caliper or just the pin?

I would just replace the caliper that pin doesnt have any fluid passing through it that pin is what the caliper slides on.
  19. D

2000 4DR 67in Trail Gear Rock sliders installed

I noticed you are looking for a t case skid plate I am currenty working on modding the factory skid plate so it can work with the 4406 swap I will do a write up on it when I am finished with it
  20. D

Flittering speedometer

or the gear in the transfercase is going out ive had that happen
  21. D

302 out of a early 90s f 150

yea I go a 96 302 with the gt40 heads and they just started to clatter a little bit not much tho. also I was thinking about puttiing in a different cam anyways since I be there anyways an I was thinking about getting the heads gone through since they need it
  22. D

302 out of a early 90s f 150

hey guys well here is the idea I can a freshly built 302 lower end out of a early 90s f-150 for $250 from a coworker now Im wonder what I would have to do to make it fit into my explorer and to make the obd2 system work the water pump is different than it is on my 302 and the oil filter...
  23. D

what to do with my spare tire

hmm thats a good place to start I will let you guys know what I come up with Ive been drawing out some ideas the last few days
  24. D

that would be a good idea i have a class 3 hitch and a welder it would pretty easy to make as well time to hit the drawing board
  25. D

hmm well I am welder by trade I might just have to design something or modify my stock bumper
Back