Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Post the pics of your wheels here!!! STREET TRUCKS!!!

NO sir it is actually called PLASTI-DIP comes in a spray can it can be removed with NO residue. I can peel all the flat black off in about an hour or so and be back to stock. Total cost was 50$ the paint is super easy to apply. Also i only did 1-2 coats on everything so i could remove it if i...
  2. M

MR.P's 2002 Sport 2wd.

Some finished shots;
  3. M

MR.P's 2002 Sport 2wd.

The rear end, not to excited about the lines coming down to the back glass but i can always peel it off and respray it later on :)
  4. M

MR.P's 2002 Sport 2wd.

WOW those pictures are huge! i appologise.
  5. M

MR.P's 2002 Sport 2wd.

halfway through the wheel coating. The roof The drivers door jamb i did the same to the passenger side.
  6. M

MR.P's 2002 Sport 2wd.

Well i got sick of the chrome, it really got to me, also some stone chips on the front of the car and the roof still bare metal from when i ground it off to reweld it...SO I went plastidip CRAZY!!! And it looks (excuse my language) FT%$#@ AWESOME! i LOVE the new look.
  7. M

BA Torsion Keys!! BMFers!!

wow if i wasnt .75" from my front bump stops id use these! actually might have to snag them up so i can get more tension on the front :) instead of swapping to some stiffer bars.
  8. M

FX4 Level II

wow ive never seen this it is killer!
  9. M

01+ Sport / Trac Black Headlights & Corners...

i bought mine from saber sports on ebay but they dont seem to be available anymore... id like a new set of them myself mine has a crack :(
  10. M

Looking for suspension ideas up front on a lowered X

i just dont see how the torsion bar front setup isnt enough. adjustable shocks stiffer bars and drop keyways gives you a stable stiff front suspension. add thick sway bars and some traction bars and its solid.
  11. M

where did you get your racing heads? whats the lift/duration on the cams. where did you get stiffer valve springs made?
  12. M

if you plan on racing it then you will need serious power that plus independent rear unless its beefy = broken axles tearing apart your explorer :)
  13. M

4.0 SOHC Performance Motor Build

im sure higher gears will help in any setup, due to the fact that i never get to see the last 2 gears WOT over 100mph in 3rd with 2 more gears to go seems like a waste of a 5 speed.
  14. M

im pretty sure jakee has the same transmission/gearing as me, if so ive figured out maybe a 4.88 gear swap would knock a second or two off your tracktimes :)
  15. M

sorry to thread jack but thought jakee might have some tips on what he did to the transmission to make it survive :)
  16. M

the explorer shifts from 1st to "2nd" at 67+ mph the 2nd to 3rd shift occurs right around 89-90mph. it has done it twice, fluid looks clean and with the sct it showed trans temprature to stay between 160-165 even when sustaining high speeds. note i also have 32.5" actual diameter tires and...
  17. M

Possible Sport V8s?

i would love for someone to look into aero improvements on the explorer sports, mainly front air dams, and underbody pans or possibly a rear wing, that actually does something :) i want to put a EE front air dam on mine but i think if anything it will just create more drag.
  18. M

what size injectors and maf are you running? im sure its been covered before, but what about the fuel pump? also what have you changed in the transmission tune? im starting to get a flare 1 out of 10 times shifting from 2nd to 3rd about 90mph
  19. M

4.0 Exhaust Clip Thread !

i have had both my setups out the right side in front of the tire. Currently no muffler just the cats. Sounds great.
  20. M

I realize that now that i have read up on it more. It would be nice to see some dyno curves of your setup. Did you start with a baseline tune from james or did you do all the tuning yourself?
  21. M

Explorer Sport......very odd timing indeed...

I wish i wasnt way out in cali, i want to help :)
  22. M

Explorer Sport......very odd timing indeed...

agreed^ im really pushing to get my baby some boost, jakee is working on his, james is getting a new exploder. Hopefully theres some hope for the lil six banger :)
  23. M

4.0 ranger

im personally going to use a T3/T4 initially on the small side but will run around 5 psi no intercooler for a few months get the tuning stable. Later down the road ill jump to 9psi intercooled with injectors aviator pump and big MAF, and something like a ball bearing gt35r or big turbo.
  24. M

4.0 ranger

i would say a big turbo on about 13psi with a nice intercooler? im just venturing into aquiring parts for my 4.0L turbo so good luck to you!
Back