Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

Did both mine today. Took about 5 hours; did it without removing the arm. Ended up blasting the first one through the top. lol Used the 80008. It was knurled with a zerk. :thumbsup: Did my sway bar endlinks (moog) while I was in there, that was about an hour of it since they sheared off...
  2. J

4.0L AWD Viscous Coupling, Failure?

Bump... Any thoughts?
  3. J

4.0L AWD Viscous Coupling, Failure?

I have a question in regards to my AWD system, it is indeed AWD and not 4x4, no selectable transfer case. It has recently begun to snow like a hooker here in MI, and I've begun to notice that my AWD does not feel like it once was last winter. First it does not engage the front wheels in...
  4. J

Explorer 06 wheels fit my 03 mountaineer?

07 wheels on an my 03...
  5. J

Third row upholstery dissolving?

The seat bottom is out, and the smell immediately went away. It is now dominating my garage... gross... pictures soon...
  6. J

Third row upholstery dissolving?

As the title says, I've had a funky "vinegar" like smell coming from a mystery area. (i've noticed during heavy rain that my hatch will drip very slowly, I assume it is coming from the 3rd brake light seal) I finally had a nice day off to investigate and I go to pull the third row seat bottom...
  7. J

2005 Explorer 4.0l forced induction?

ever think of running e85, with more boost?
  8. J

Sank my 03 in 3 feet of snow and now it squeals

I just remedied this today, myself... after blowing into a good pile of snow for fun and getting stuck huge... Even the 4 snow tires I rock didn't make a difference. :)
  9. J

supercharger is installed!!!

AED is no longer in business. They made an intercooled M90 set-up for 4.6L 2v PI motors. They were the only company to ever offer a bolt on supercharger kit for a Crown Victoria, they also offered a f150,and mustang kits too. Very well built, but they were very pricey, and the m90 was not the...
  10. J

03/04 Cobra M112 4.0L - Can it be done?

A m90 is almost pegged on a 4.6L... an m112 is big for a 4.0L, I may not be running an intercooler, so the increased efficiency at the equivalent boost level from the m112 will provide a lower IAT... (4.6L * 6000rpm * 85VE * ((6lbs + 14.7)/(14.7)))/ 5660 = 583CFM * .02832 = 16.5 Cubic Meters /...
  11. J

03/04 Cobra M112 4.0L - Can it be done?

Long story short, I have an 04 cobra m112 with 28K on it just chillin' The other day i brought it into work, and did some CMM (coordinate measuring machine) work on it. Probed it all up and got all the bolt patterns and the mounting planes that I need to reverse engineer an adapter, I will...
  12. J

Wheel and tire questions

Look at the shoes! Thank you Craigs List... 07' 17" take-off explorer wheels with 20k on them - $150 80% tread 255/75/17 Goodyear RS-A's - $125 mounting and balancing - $45 Not destroying my snow tires - Priceless! I just got these on today, Don't mind the dirt... I had to go down about 5...
  13. J

Wheel and tire questions

anyone have some insight? I would like to get these rims and tires tomorrow if they will work for me. I searched and found very little about the tires. I know now that the rims will work. but the tires i found no info on.
  14. J

Wheel and tire questions

I am thinking about puchasing some 07' 17" wheels for my 03' (i am 99.99% sure that they'll fit) but I like a little reassurence that they will before I buy them. Also, a friend of mine has some 80% tread tires he took off his jeep. they are 255/75/17's... he is going to sell them to me for...
  15. J

Need some turbo recomendations

Is there an echo? ya overpriced. If you dont have any fabrication skills it is fine. You opted to have a draw through an a wastegate, maybe i want a blow threw and a BOV... its all in how you want to set it up. To the original poster: Read up! Turbo Tech 101 Tubo Tech 102 Turbo Tech 103
  16. J

Need some turbo recomendations

STS is overpriced... I'm not saying that it does not work, they do... but for what you pay and what you get it's not worth it. Plus you must fab it all in there anyway, you might as well start a kit from scratch and save about a grand. Also the cost of the kit isn't all, now you are looking...
  17. J

HP limit on AWD?

Just out of curiosity what would be a safe wheel (AWHP) limit for a stock AWD drivetrain? I want to do a power adder on my car at some point, and just wondering what my limitations are drivetrain wise?
  18. J

20" Cragar S/S 610C

Not new info... but i just can't attach it to the thread. don't have enough posts or something.
  19. J

20" Cragar S/S 610C

I rendered a set of these wheels onto my 03 XLT using this program wheel envizio and they look fantastic! I'd post the rendering but i'm not allowed... So go on play and see what wheels you like (they do have a limited selection though) I was just wondering if anyone has put these on an x?
  20. J

Just picked up an 03'

Well, I'm happy to introduce myself to the forum! I'm no newb to car forums, but I am new to Explorers, and i just picked up a 2003 with 53,000 on the clock. 4.0L SOHC AWD. Got it for a good price, and i am very happy with it! Now all it needs is a power adder!
Back