Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

A SHO faster than a Z06, Shelby GT500 AND a GTR!?!

Is this SHO a daily driver? What is the reliability of it? How many miles before a rebuild is needed? I ask because you compare it to stock cars that will still run 11's after 100k miles. I have had a few race motors in both bikes and cars, some needed rebuilds after 1,500 miles (yes, you read...
  2. A

Dyno & drag strip results?

Thinking about pulling the plug and buying the Livernois level 4 performance pack for my 2015 Explorer Sport... http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP663121BLK Was wondering if anyone has this package, and if so, what kind of dyno numbers and 1/4 mile times you got as a result...
  3. A

MFT Black / Blank Screen

So my wife has gotten the BSOD twice today, and her USB won't recognize her phone or her iPod anymore. 4,500 miles on a '15 Explorer Sport. Gonna call the dealer tomorrow.
  4. A

Explorer Brake Upgrades

Does anyone know if Brembo or AP or Wilwood is making a big brake kit for these trucks? IMO the stock brakes are underengineered for what these trucks are capable of.
  5. A

cooling fan noise...

No, definitely not.
  6. A

cooling fan noise...

Thanks everyone... Found someone local with the same truck, and their fan is just as loud. I am guessing that it is normal, but I am gonna keep my eye on it anyway.
  7. A

cooling fan noise...

'15 Explorer Sport 3,300 miles When the cooling fan kicks on, it is incredibly loud. To the point where I can hear it over the radio. My '06 Expedition wasn't like this, neither was my '09 Focus, and neither is my new '14 Focus. Is this something to be concerned about? Is it normal for...
  8. A

leaking fluid by gas pedal...

Correct, the adjustable pedals are leaking hydraulic fluid.
  9. A

Spoke to my service rep, apparently my truck needs a whole new set of pedals. I am thankful it is under warranty, but I am not happy that something on my $50k truck broke after only 3k miles.
  10. A

what part is this?

Didn't feel like grease, but it could be. It is at the dealership now getting checked out.
  11. A

what part is this?

Have not checked coolant, doesn't smell like coolant. And no, the truck is brand new, no one has done anything to it since I bought it in February.
  12. A

Thank you for the offer. I want to give the dealership a chance to do the right thing since I have a good relationship with them. This is the 4th vehicle I have bought from them, and they have always done right by me. If things don't go well though, I will definitely let you know.
  13. A

I am bringing the truck to the dealer today and we will see what they say
  14. A

what part is this?

Can anyone tell me what the black part with the white circle in it is? It attaches to an insulated tube above it... Thanks!
  15. A

Oh boy... Awesome. Back to the dealer it goes I guess. I am not happy about this.
  16. A

Ok, so I snapped a pic of where the drip is coming from... It is coming from the black connector on the tube just below the insulation and above the black cicular part with the white plug in it.
  17. A

2015 Explorer Sport 3k miles Came out to the truck today and noticed some drops of fluid on the gas pedal and floor mat. Traced it up and found a small bit of the same fluid on the plastic rotor the pedal attaches to. Any ideas on what this is? It smells like oil...
  18. A

Exhaust Options for the Sport

Do you have the tow package? If so, did you have any fitment issues? I have read that the Magnaflow doesn't fit the Sport model with the tow package.
  19. A

The 392AWHP and 426AWTQ Couch!

30% drivetrain loss is nuts... Are these vehicles that inefficient?
  20. A

Any way to dl Google Maps?

This is exactly what happened to my wife on her drive. She said the car nav refused to reroute her, and was telling her to make all sorts of u-turns and off-course corrections to get her back on the route the nav thought she should take, instead of rerouting her to a different route like Google...
  21. A

common mods...

Great info, thanks! I am probably gonna go with Livernois, they seem like one of the better places. I am definitely not looking to do meth injection or upgrade the turbos. I just want a little more power with basic mods. I PM'ed Livernois, but they haven't responded yet.
  22. A

common mods...

Ok, so after being told to search, I have been reading some threads but cannot find definitive answers. If I were to do catted downpipes, an exhaust, intake, and a thermostat, which tune would I want? And would that tune void my warranty? What other accompanying mods would I need for the...
  23. A

Any way to dl Google Maps?

I guess my only question is why can't we get Google Maps?
Back