Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

How to: 1st Gen Gas Tank Fuel Pump Access Panel

It may sound crazy but you're actually more at risk with a tank not full of fuel since gasoline itself is not what ignites and burns but the vapors right above the liquid do. So a tank 1/2 full is much more dangerous than a full tank. Great post though!
  2. F

Got a question need your help please

I agree the core could be plugged or restricted. But flushing it is as simple as pulling the hoses and feeding the water in one side. My kid has a 99 Jimmy and that thing the core plugs or restricts every year. A good flush would seemingly resolve it but it still happens each year. Anyway, just...
  3. F

Got a question need your help please

If your not smelling coolant inside or seeing fogging on the windshield I wouldn't condemn the heater core yet. Have you tried taking the heater hoses off at the core and flushing it? If you get good flow thru it when doing that I'd think the core isn't your problem. Again this is all based on...
  4. F

Check Oil Light

Oil level is fine. that's the first thing I had him check and it was off on level ground and had been sitting for 15-20 mins or more.
  5. F

Check Oil Light

OK. Well now he says it went out. I'll have to check it when I get back.
  6. F

Check Oil Light

Ok, I'm 6 hours away from home and my kid is driving the 94 XL when the CHeck Oil light comes on. He says it's yellow or amber in color NOT red. I have him check the oil and it's fine. He also says the oil pressure gauge reads normal and the engine is not making any abnormal noises. I can't...
  7. F

Need Some Help

Not sure who you had do the alignment but if you can see it tilted that bad you have a major Camber problem. I'd be asking for my money back. Ball joint would be the first check and then depending on severity you might even need to have the structure of the vehicle checked (frame damage). I've...
  8. F

turn signal problems

Replace the bulb that's not lighting up first. Odds are your problem will be solved. The reason the signal stays lit solid is because the system cannot complete the circuit due to the bulb outage.
  9. F

94 Radiator Removal

I got my radiator locally for $135 bucks just so you have an idea.
  10. F

94- Front windshield washer inoperative

I was able to get a connector and a pump from my local parts store. It just took me going in there to get the right guy who cares about what he's doing to look it up for me. :salute:
  11. F

Rear Spring Shackles

PM Sent...
  12. F

Rear Spring Shackles

While inspecting the underside of my 94' this weekend I found that BOTH rear spring shackles are literally corroded completely through on the in board side. The drivers side is so bad I'm afraid it'll give at any time. Anyone seen this before? Any suggestions on replacements? It's a stock...
  13. F

94 Radiator Removal

I just replaced the radiator in my 94 this weekend. The trans line is 5/8 and the fitting it threads into is 3/4 (wrench sizes). I wish you good luck, I had to use a torch & keep spraying the fittings down with Break-Away to get both lines to come loose. The new radiator came with 2 different...
  14. F

94- Front windshield washer inoperative

First I found that the connector wiring was corroded off- Anyone know if they sell a replacement connector? I jimmy rigged a couple new connectors to try it but still couldn't get the washer motor to run. I think the pins are corroded too badly on the motor. I tried to clean them but not sure I...
  15. F

Replacement Tailgate Handle

No luck with salvage yards or ebay. Tried my local dealer and they quoted me $78.00. Found it brand new online @ www.directfordparts.com shipped to me for $58.00. Highly recommend this site for OEM stuff! Great service & fast shipping! :salute:
  16. F

Replacement Tailgate Handle

Hi all I'm a new member and a new owner of a 94 Explorer XL. Ther rear liftgate handle is shot and I need a replacement. Anyone have a source either recycled or new besides a dealer?
Back