Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

Is My Transfer Case Toast??

I had a similar problem, and it did end up being the transfer case. I would suggest replacing it sooner rather than later, because if you wait like I did, it gets to the point of it being undriveable. My local junkyard had Tc's for $100 and pulling it only takes a couple of hours. Putting a TC...
  2. Y

Roll Over Posse Board Member Nominations and Elections

ah, well I guess I'm half way there then...:D oh well I guess ill have to wait a few more years then. Definately not looking forward to rolling it again. :rolleyes:
  3. Y

I disagree. That is nowhere stated in the rules and half of the trucks on here have only been flops.
  4. Y

Never thought id be here nominating myself, but here I am. :D Rolled it last night, I looked to see what time it was, then a curve in the road kinda ruined my night. Im fine, got out with barely any scratches and the truck is in pretty good shape considering. Sorry I didnt get more pictures, but...
  5. Y

Who could get this Explorer started?

one quick thing to check is to try start it in neutral. If that works then there are a few different threads around here that can lead you to your problem but I cant remember them as I just woke up :thumbsup:
  6. Y

explorer limited off road capabilities?

i think for your application the 5.0 would be good. Then if you really wanted it, you could get a 4406 out of an f150 and have a manual 4wd so that you could get low range
  7. Y

Sway Bar Link Bushings

honestly I do the same thing. i go through about 4 sets of endlinks per year just because of all the offroading that I do. I bought the autozone cheapies that have a lifetime warranty on them and I just go trade them in whenever they are toast. Takes me about 15 minutes now. Hmm this actually...
  8. Y

2" BL Bumper Brackets

this thread might help http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172250&highlight=brackets
  9. Y

Transmission Over Heat

all that will happen with OD off is the trans will not shift into fifth gear so you will be running in fourth gear on the highway which means higher rpm and worse gas mileage but nothing to get worried about. Keep in the speed limit and you should be fine.
  10. Y

high mile maintance advice...

Probably should check out your tie rod ends, ball joints, etc. Maybe change your power steering fluid and brake fluid if they are looking ucky. Also if you are concerned about your fuel pump, go have your fuel pressure checked. Other than that, Dont fix it if it aint broke. But also dont wait...
  11. Y

interesting stalling problem

So im having a problem with my truck... About a month ago my 5R55E transmission started acting funny, shifting weird and eventually springing a leak at the front seal of the bell housing. One other thing that it started doing was losing power and sometimes stalling on left hand turns and while...
  12. Y

NEED to know pronto please! awd vs 4x4???

Im pretty sure that the 4wd trans is not a 4R70W. The 4R70W came on the 5.0 with the awd transfercase, and the 4wd trans is a 5R55E that came with the 4.0. But to also answer your question, you cannot interchange the two transmissions and transfer cases
  13. Y

97 explorer lift

I would read into this thread. http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254763 I guess switching to manual is actually quite a pickle of a job to do. This swap is still in the process I think so you might be able to get some good information on the finishing touches of the swap
  14. Y

ReadyLift Suspension Leveling Kits

no you cannot. the keys and the TT do the same thing and your CV angle will be too great. Only way to get 4" out of the front is a full lift kit.
  15. Y

Major problem please help!

Im going to go in a different direction and say turn the key to the ON position and put the truck into neutral and then try to start it. If it starts, then you should look into this thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=266031 and this thread...
  16. Y

Drives perfectly fine but I'm curious what isn't right

have you tried the throttle cable mod yet? My bet is that is your problem.
  17. Y

Drives perfectly fine but I'm curious what isn't right

maybe check how much slack is in your gas pedal? I know mine had some slack in it and I tightened it up and it made a big difference. Here is a video thread about it. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242299
  18. Y

Not So Standard Hood Release Problem

I think what your saying is that you closed the hood when the mechanism is in the locked position? if so there should be a manual release on it somewhere... There is a thread about it on here somewhere also... I had this happen to me and it was a pain in the ass to get out, but it was awhile ago...
  19. Y

Fuel injector cleaning when removed

Ok so im going to run my injectors in an ultrasonic cleaner but I dont know what cleaning chemical to use in it. Does anybody know what I should use?
  20. Y

Harmonic Balancer seated on crank, but not on motor

yeah they werent too happy. They had to pay us $100 bucks to tow it down there so my friend made some money today.
  21. Y

that sounds exactly what has happened to me! I guess this is one for the shop to fix lol. does it require pulling the engine again or is this a somewhat quicker fix than that?
  22. Y

So I just got my engine rebuilt and after about 150 miles it shredded a serpentine belt. So we take a look with a spare belt and it was un seating at the harmonic balancer. I take a look at it and it has about a 3/16 gap between it and the motor. I think no big deal, ill just press it back on...
  23. Y

Lots of steering slop!

hey, I have a couple inches of slop in what seems to be my rack and pinion, is there a way to tighten it up? Also when my steering wheel is locked, it still has about an inch of play. Therefore I am wondering if maybe the slop is in my steering shaft thingy instead? Any help would be appreciated
  24. Y

Costco OBD II reader

couldn't find it on the Costco website, but here is the product website. http://codekeyunlock.com/ its just a basic OBD II code reader
Back