Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

lock actuator problem

My lock actuator hasent worked for some time so today i decided to change it i bought a new one, pluged it in and it dosent work, i tryed pluging it in on the passangers side and it works fine, the plug on the drivers side seems clean and in good condition. any ideas? i all the others work...
  2. O

Belt slipping off Waterpump pully.

its running good and sounds fine, but it was sliding behind the water pump pully and getting jammed between it, and i retensioned it back on and it sliped off about 10 times hasent sliped since the water pump but its only been done for a little wile so i dont want to find out later its still...
  3. O

Belt slipping off Waterpump pully.

my water pump went and it was shooting antifreeze allover the belt so the belt kept slipping off the waterpump/fan pully so i changed the water pump and belt. but would the belt getting wet be enough for it to slip off or is there a another problem with the tension pully? it seems tight and...
  4. O

Belt slipping off of the pulleys.

yesterday out of no where my battery lite came on and care started over heating so i figured out that it was the belt it sliped off the fan pully so stop spinning everything... so i put the belt back on rite and a few hours later the same happened. why is it slipping? bad belt? i used the...
  5. O

Stock Radio, Plays for a few sec/mins Then start skiping and Says CD ERR

Its not the cds (there scratchless). I used lense cleaner and nothing. If I pop in a new cd it wil play for maby 30secs-5mins or sometimes for like a half hour but alaws starts skipping and says cd error. and i dont have a cd changer just stock deck
  6. O

AWD 5.0, Back Tires Spinning Out

the transfur case fluid level? urm where would that be?
  7. O

Any $ Involved in that:D? j/k id prob #### it up for shore doin that **** i didnt know it was anything major
  8. O

dam, that with an install?
  9. O

i had a 18inch sub in he back that with the box weighed like 300lbs and its been doing it ever since i took it out, also i cut the air intake and poped a k&n cone filter on but idk if that would have anything to do wit it
  10. O

it shifts prity smooth, and recently i feel it accelerates from a stop a little slowly, but maby nothing i been switching between the explorer and my civic so that may be throughing off my judgement
  11. O

really? whats somthing like that cost?
  12. O

i tryed looking but couldnt find anything, but maby ull have better luck, thanks
  13. O

if i stomp the gas thel spin out for like 10 secs
  14. O

urm, well when i say a lot of gas im not slamming it to the floor im prob at about 40-50% if its max, and it does it regardless when shifting gears
  15. O

I have a 98 XLT with a 5.0 and All Wheel Drive, Every time the tranny shifts gears my back tires spinn-out and if im going about 30-50 and i give it a lot of gas they'll spinn out too, Some times it does it for a sceond or two, but latly its been happening for like 5+ seconds, its wearing my...
  16. O

96 explorer sport 4x4

oh looked a little wood grainish (little pic), but i see the star
  17. O

96 explorer sport 4x4

i would think it would be hard to roll over a Sport but ikd maby it would be easier, i think you you GO ADVANCED, then click the PAPER CLIP, Then BROWSE Whered u get a wood grain dash (trim around radio/heat/vent)from? never see that
  18. O

96 explorer sport 4x4

yea i agree between altinator, water pump, door latch, and the gas its a little expensive, but its a BEAST. When ever i think about gettin rid f it i just think about winter with a foot of snow on the ground, cant wait. that ***** fun btw: just duct tape it in, not sure where it is under...
  19. O

96 explorer sport 4x4

good, atleast it wasent anything major
  20. O

Transmission failure to fully engage

yea every day, at least 100+ miles a day ive deff started it atleast 60 times since then
  21. O

really? that sux thought it was just some error or somthing, its been like 3 weeks and it hasent happened agian. how long would it take before it came back?
  22. O

Door Latch Problem?

do the front door and the back have the same assembly? a friend has a explorer rear door in his garage, could that work?
  23. O

96 explorer sport 4x4

if your tryin to save some money i would check the fuses it takes like 5mins and could save you a lot of trouble and $$. i poped my radio fuse and switched it with a different fuse wile the car was running and after i turned it off, it had the same prob as you until i realised what i did, i...
  24. O

i had the same prob and my od off light was flashing but i disconnected the battery for an hour and it stopped apparently it was going in to some kind of safe mode (cant remeber the name) but it was to provent dammage to the tranny
  25. O

Door Latch Problem?

yea the outside works fine. thanks for the help
Back