Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Has anyone used LCM Truck for parts

Great place for parts, especially the annoying ones :)
  2. P

5w-30 or 10 w 40?

Considering that Ford recommends you only use ford parts etc, you can take everything with a grain of salt. Some people may use different oil in their rides for different reasons. IF it's a stock truck, use whatever is "stock" for it. If you've managed to do any mods to it, then you might...
  3. P

extended shock question

Rancho, Pro-comp, etc make shocks for the Explorer that are 4-6" longer. Just have to look for them as Explorer shocks "lifted 4-6" " www.shockwarehouse.com is one of our vendors...
  4. P

Pboss's '94 XLT

As it sits Sorry it took so long to add another pic. Well here she is, 31" tires, all the u-joints/wheel joints are done, and still have yet to do add-a-leafs (this weekend hopefully).. Not much to look at, but I'm loving it :biggthump I'll snap a couple more tonight to throw up...
  5. P

Never seen a pink Explorer before...

I don't want to be designated to choose between liking and deeming a beater :) Mine's beaterish, but I like it :) Maybe "Hey, we are all about Explorers visit us at explorerforum.com" :)
  6. P

Turdle's 1998 Mountaineer: May 2009 Feature Truck

Very nice vehicle sir. Congratulations on EFFT.
  7. P

MrQ's Red Flyer

Mine's got 3.27's in it, but I've never heard lower ...
  8. P

jayhawkjohnny

bring pliers, and tread carfully ... and welcome :)
  9. P

Want to start a '93 XLT Rebuild

However if you're handy ... can always pick some up here: http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fr/t.aspx?Page=32
  10. P

Front end leaking & smells like gear oil.

Could be either seal on the diff, they'll both leak down and form the same puddle.
  11. P

standard or superrunner lift

^^^ Make sure to do this in a crowded area, and don't tell people why you are doing it :) Sorry nothing crucial to add, just thought that might be fun to do in like, a grocery store in line ...
  12. P

What is the average age of people on the forum????

36, most of the time 12-13 when I hang out with my kids :)
  13. P

Growling, grinding noise from front end

Here's where everyone laughs at me and says shut up Paul ... I had a similar grinding "noise" that got louder when I turned left, but not right. When all was said and done, it ended up being my power steering pump. I got a rebuild kit from rockauto, and voila, no more noise :) Take it...
  14. P

Explorer Forum License Plate Frames !!!

Sent payment :) Hope I made it before the other 100,000 did :D Thanks Mark, headed there now :)
  15. P

Explorer Forum License Plate Frames !!!

Am I too late? How did I miss this? Who knew there was explorerforum swag ... I'm going to randomly blame someone for this, just not sure who yet :)
  16. P

My list of Explorer - "How to" videos

Unfortunately, there are also inherant<sp> security holes concerned with doing such. Not saying it's hard to do, just saying it's more time to keep on top of it :) as to the topic at hand, great vids!
  17. P

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

Griff, Red vs. Blue The Blood Gulch Chronicles And, I'd like to be #42 Because it's THE number...
  18. P

My 93 Xploder XLT

Wernstrom! .... Oh my, can you show me some of the assorted lengths of wires you've used on your truck? All kidding aside, Nice ride :)
  19. P

am i gonna make it?

I'll take yes for 100 Alex. That's like asking, if you'll make the boston marathon :) If the truck is running well, then I would say yes. If you've noticed slipping of the trans, or you're towing it with bailing wire and a handkerchief, then I'd say no. :D:D:D
  20. P

Pboss's '94 XLT

So, Pics to follow soon, I got my 31" tires installed (looks nice), and added 2 "aux lights" to replace the busted driving lights I had. Received my U-joints, wheel joints, and add-a-leafs. Which should go on shortly. And pics will be up soon :)
  21. P

Who lives in Illinois?

I'm up for an "easy" run somewhere ... Just need to get my u-joints put in, and I'm all good to go break something. :D
  22. P

Better ride?

Depends on what you are experiencing ... Maybe more info would get you a better answer.. Could be steering (tie-rod rattle, mis aligned) Could be Suspension (springs, leafs, shocks, etc) Could be Body mounts... Could be the driver :p: J/K
  23. P

Pboss's '94 XLT

And here is one taped and ready for color: Here is a quick comparison, between the new drivers side doors colors and the passenger side colors: And finally back in the Truck:
  24. P

Pboss's '94 XLT

Thank you sir, and as promised, even more pics... Here is the "before look": And out of the car, waiting for prep work (driver side):
  25. Door Changes

Door Changes

Comparison
Back