Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Cheap way to lift the rear 4"

Thanks for the update. I see these in a lot of forums and have always wondered the meaning. Sorry for semi-jacking the thread.
  2. 9

cold air intake

yeah I wish I would have done it in black. Oh well maybe the next one. Take some pictures while you do your build. I have never done this on a first generation X but plan on doing it soon. I would like to see how yours turns out. Thanks
  3. 9

Cheap way to lift the rear 4"

Sorry for my ignorance but what is an SOA and an AAL? I might be interested in doing these if I knew what they were. Thanks,
  4. 9

How to: Roll on bedliner

that is good to know. I was wondering about that. Thanks!
  5. 9

cold air intake

Nope, it sits lower than the stock one. The only problem I had was it was rubbing on the pulley, so I dinged it with a rounded hammer a bit to make a little more clearance. You can't see the ding when looking at it since it is on the bottom side. Some guys can get theirs to sit on the...
  6. 9

Building custom CAI few questions

This is what I did I got it all from ebay. One 2 1/2" to 3" coupler - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Coupl...spagenameZWD1V 45 degree tube - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-Inc...5123QQtcZphoto Two 3" to 3" couplers - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Coupl...spagenameZWD1V...
  7. 9

cold air intake

I got it all from ebay. One 2 1/2" to 3" coupler - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Coupler-Reducer-2-5-3-BLUE-Cold-Air-Intake-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ38634QQihZ007QQitemZ170255629991QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V 45 degree tube -...
  8. 9

How to: Roll on bedliner

Nice write-up. I was going to go with the Rhino liner, but I think you have me sold on the Durabek now. Thanks!
  9. 9

mufflers

I would go with a flowmaster (actually I did) they aren't that much more money and much better in quality
  10. 9

cold air intake

This is on a 1998 Ranger, but you can do the same thing. I kept my stock box, added a K&N drop-in and made my own tubing. It really howls when I push on the gas. I can tell a different in MPG already as well. While I was doing this I cleaned my MAF and reset the system by unplugging the...
  11. 9

Would you buy it?

Cool, thanks for the input I will make a note of that. I think the tranny will get a new pump seal because it will more than likely get rebuilt before going in. But I will make sure to mention the main engine seal as well. Thanks!
  12. 9

Should I replace my own window?

Did you get a channel with the window? If so you should drill out A. If not you need to drill out B. Does that make any sense? The channel I am speaking of is the bright aluminum piece in the picture.
  13. 9

Would you buy it?

I would really like to find a complete vehicle that has the manual transmission and swap it out. But until then I am going to get a used A4LD in the mean time.
  14. 9

Would you buy it?

I think it's just the sport for me at this time. The guy selling the 4dr didn't accept my offer. He is trying to sell the thing for way too much. He said it has new tires with 95% tred left on them that are worth more than my offer. I told him they aren't any good without a running motor to...
  15. 9

You can get it new for that. What a rip-off! When I worked at a glass shop a piece of door glass like that would cost us about $25 new. Then the shop adds it's mark-up fees and install fees, etc. Good luck with the install. If I were you I would take the door apart before getting the window...
  16. 9

Would you buy it?

Even if it's a cracked head I'm not interested in the engine if I use the explorer with the bad engine I would put the 4.0 from the sport into it. But I am leaning towards taking the transmission from the 4 dr for the sport, but I'm not sure. I really like the look of the 4 dr, but all I...
  17. 9

lol, I bet you wont need tips as to what to do to him. It's one of those situations where he should hope the police find him first. Anyway, I used to work at a glass shop and have done millions of these, just let me know what type of help you need. Also if you can't find one at a junkyard you...
  18. 9

Would you buy it?

So today while looking for transmission swap vehicles I ran into a great deal. I will buy the $200 sport no matter what I decide, but now I found a guy selling a 1992 four door explorer for $500. It has a blown head gasket in it's 4.0 engine but a great rebuilt transmission. So I was thinking...
  19. 9

98 ranger half broken wipers

motor going bad
  20. 9

DsN, you could get a used one from the junkyard for $20 and install it in 30 minutes easily! Let me know if you need any help. It's mostly lining up the bolts to the arms and securing two bolts. Piece of cake!
  21. 9

Would you buy it?

As soon as the guy gets back into town the sport is mine.
  22. 9

Would you buy it?

it's the A4LD, and I do want to do the M5OD swap eventually. (When I fond the parts and money).
  23. 9

Would you buy it?

Wow, this appears to be a fairly popular thread. It seems like you all feel I should buy it and give it a try. I told the guy this AM that I would take it so I guess I am locked in. He is getting it towed to my house sometime in the next few days. I will start experimenting with it after it...
  24. 9

Would you buy it?

yeah I have been reading about the Frankentranny.
  25. 9

Would you buy it?

About a month ago I found a guy in craigslist selling a 1991 Ford Explorer Sport for $500. The guy said it runs and looks great but it wont move. I went to his work, where it is stuck, to have a look at it and he was right it does look great inside and out. I figured if I were to buy it I...
Back