Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Thank You

Trade In I traded it in. The trans was starting to go again. Been rebuilt 3 times. So I got rid of it while I could.
  2. C

Thank You

My long and treacherous journey of 2002 Ford Explorer ownership has come to an end. I would like to thank everyone on this forum for the advice and assistance. Countless hours of my time and dollars have been saved with resources you have provided.
  3. C

Intake Manifold Gasket

I need to replace the intake manifold gaskets on my '02 XLS with the V6 4.0L SOHC Vin #E. I have been reading a lot of threads regarding this procedure. I have seen discussions of upper and lower gaskets. However I can only find parts listings for the lower gaskets. Am I missing something...
  4. C

2002 XLT 4.0 SOHC Rough Idle

Bought this truck last year. Has 85k on it. It idles at 600 rpm but has a roughness to it, warm or cold. I will replace the PCV and clean the IAC and MAF. However, I noticed the hose from the EVAP solenoid is dry rotted. It is not split and does not collapse but it does not fit on the...
  5. C

2002 XLT Fraying Serpentine Belt

The A/C compressor clutch on our '02 XLT recently siezed. I replaced the compressor with the bypass pulley frm Motormite. After a day the front edge of the belt frayed. I realized the bypass pulley was not aligned and corrected the problem. I replaced the belt with a Gatorback belt #4060858...
Back