Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

broken spark plug

I recently broke the #1 plug on my V8 just below the nut, so as to leave only the threaded portion and the bottom electrode still rusted in the head. After reading, asking, and tinkering, I was able to remove it. Insert the removal tool of choice (spiral or straight flutes...I used...
  2. T

31" Revo on stock 2nd Gen

By the way, before anyone suggests it, the TT and -153's are happening within a week, as well as the Rancho RS5000's. Yes, the ladyfriend knows, but I don't think she understands. :D
  3. T

31" Revo on stock 2nd Gen

Well, I bought it with 26xxx miles, and now I'm at 111xxx, so I figured I needed some new tires. With the exception of filters and fluids, my X was a bone stock '00 XLT 5.0, sporting 15" raindrop rims. After extensive searching on this site, I decided to spend what I could afford on tires, and...
  4. T

mpg readout

Thanks. That thing looks like it might just do the trick.
  5. T

mpg readout

For the same reason you're asking. :) Instant feedback is nice, no matter what you're referring to. You can use the data to make corrections and get more positive results. Fuel economy, political polls, investments...whatever. No guess and check. Maybe I just have gadget envy.
  6. T

mpg readout

I want something instantaneous. Airplanes can have sensors that measure temps and such at each individual cylinder, if the owner so desires. I want realtime fuel flow feedback, just like the BMW's. The EB/Limited deal sounds slow and complicated, if it's even accurate. More research to do I...
  7. T

mpg readout

Hi again, I'm looking to add a fuel flow gauge or real-time mpg readout to my '00 XLT. It's a 5.0 with AWD, and obviously without the fancy computer that the EB and Limited have. Just wondering what my options are. Thanks again, J
  8. T

adjust your TPS (another free hp mod)

Had to buy a DMM anyway for the airplane stuff, and bumped into this thread when troubleshooting some other stuff. Got all excited and tapped my wires....damn. .961V the way I bought it. Close enough for my purposes. :D
  9. T

Synthetic Oils?

Thanks Al, That Amsoil incident took place a few years back, so I'm sure their products have changed for the better since then. Some people around here, and probably nationwide for that matter, tend to be very conservative and hard-nosed about their brand preferences based on experiences they...
  10. T

Synthetic Oils?

I'm learning some new things about oil today, and the timing is good because I need a change, not to mention it'll be in the 30s this weekend, and it only gets colder from there. Anyway, I've heard good things about Mobil 1 from reputable sources. I'm staying away from Amsoil based on the...
  11. T

99 XLS- I still can't open the Damn Hood!

Okay, without hydraulic assistance, that hood ain't moving. Add a nail in a tire to my list of problems. For sale: black '00 XLT 5.0 AWD, no engine access and a leaky tire, best offer
  12. T

99 XLS- I still can't open the Damn Hood!

Yep, add me to the 'hood stuck shut' list. I think we should get a group purchase going on an attorney to sue an engineer. For a while I was thinking this was sabotoge by the dealer mechanics I last visited, but I see it's not just my truck. I'm going out to assess my own situation...
  13. T

m'er f'er won't turn over

Well, I went back to work to try the bypass thing (I did some searches here), and just for kicks tried to start it again as normal. The damn thing started. I shut it off and restarted 4 more times. Something is dying, but it's not quite dead yet. What is it? I left it at work, but now...
  14. T

Nope, never did. All it does is go click under the dash. Starter doesn't spin at all. What a pile of crap. Anyone want it?
  15. T

Help. My truck engine won't turn over. All I hear is a click when I turn the key. Battery is fine, gas is full, truck is a PITA. Any ideas? Starter relay or something like that? Help please. Thanks much.
  16. T

For those of you with Clear Corner Lights

Would you say the quality of the lense is 'piss-poor'? :D
  17. T

armrest storage light

Thanks for the ideas guys. My only beef with leaving the light on all the time is that maybe some light will sneak through any gaps in the armrest, like the gap underneath a bedroom door or something. I know, I'm picky. I guess I'll just throw a mini maglight in there and see if light sneaks...
  18. T

AWD Working?

Mine is kinda like that I guess. I've seen snow fly past my side view mirrors, so I think the fronts are turning, but it does seem a bit sloppy. Today is the home opener for the Brewers, so we should get some more snow real soon. Stupid, eh? Anyways, I'll pay more attention to it and let...
  19. T

Most quiet, best street tire for street Xs is?

Boycott tires. Just ride around on your rims. You'll be unique and turn lots of heads down there. Don't give in to peer pressure. Don't support Big Tire. :D
  20. T

armrest storage light

I guess it's time to dig out the Radio Shack catalog again, eh? Thanks for the suggestion.
  21. T

armrest storage light

I need a light to shine inside my armrest storage box. I work the night shift, so I log a lot of night driving time. My storage box gets used a lot, but I can't see what I'm digging for. Has anyone done this kind of mod? Any suggestions on where to start? I'd prefer something that comes...
  22. T

more from my 429

Actually, the tires are relatively new. In fact, 235/75/R15s, a bit oversize. The spare is another story. It's the factory original Firestone with the raised letters and the whole works. The cross section looks like what a motorcycle tire should. It reminds me of the tires you'd find on a...
  23. T

Dome light - gradual dimming "theatre dome effect"

I've got the Centech Fader Box ($20) sitting right here in front of me. I never took the time to install it. There are 4 wires you need to connect...I'll have to find the directions somewhere to remember what they're for. If anyone can tell me which wires under the dash go to the dome lights...
  24. T

? about changing gears

Didn't see that last question. It's both, as best I can tell. It's a 69 Marquis, sitting on flat pavement. I have to fill the tank to the top just to get a hint of traction. A few bodies in the trunk helps too. Honestly, I'm not sure if it's one or two. I assume two, though.
  25. T

? about changing gears

Dammit. I really should have researched this vehicle more before I bought it. That, or I should have never joined this site to learn about all the cool things I can do to my truck. Yet another mod I can't quite afford. Drilled air box and throttle cable mod drained my piggy bank. Thanks...
Back