Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Replace IAC or MAF??

MAF issues Does anyone know which places take back MAF's? Carquest, Autozone, Checker, NAPA? I have 171 and 174 codes that come back immediately after clearing. They do not return when the MAF is unplugged. Is this really an indication that the MAF is bad?
  2. E

Aftermarket catalytic converters 2004 up?

The CA trucks have a sticker under the hood that says they are certified for CA. Mine is up front near the radiator. They are just a bit more strict on emissions.
  3. E

The 04 3.0 Ranger has a one piece Y pipe with a Cat on each side with O2 sensors before and after each. This then connects to a third Cat that does not appear to have sensors. It should be illegal for Ford to gouge this much on mandatory emissions parts. My understanding is that this...
  4. E

Joe, Do you have a CA emissions truck? They should work but the shops will not guarantee it because anything newer than five years has not been tested and certified yet. Thanks
  5. E

Has anyone used any of the aftermarket catalytic converters such as Magnaflow on a 2004 or newer Explorer or Ranger with California emissions? The exhaust shops are uncertain if the check engine light will be a problem. Thanks
  6. E

2004 Ranger Cat replacement?

I have a 2004 Ranger 3.0 that someone has removed the front y pipe with two cats and the rear cat. Ford wants about $1600 for parts not including O2 sensors. My understanding is that salvage yards cannot sell Cats. Any recommendations on how to approach this? Aftermarket? Custom...
  7. E

Add third row seat to an XLS?

I have an 02 XLS with the split rear seat and no third row. What is required to add the third row seat? Do you have to repace the rear seat also? Thanks
  8. E

02 XLS Rear Speaker problem

Yes. It is straight Kenwood harness to Ford connector. No amp. I am pretty sure that the 02 XLS did not have an amp or sub. The three RCA cables ran from behind the radio into the carpet on the passenger side of the console. I have not found the other end. If someone had installed an...
  9. E

02 XLS Rear Speaker problem

I have installed a new Kenwood using the standard harness. Everything works fine except the rear door speakers. I have bench tested the unit for rear speaker output I have double checked the harness wiring and made sure that it corresponds to the proper colors on the Ford side. I have...
  10. E

Solved 1998 - 2002 Ford Explorer Stereo Wiring Diagrams ARE HERE!!!!!

Admin - Please delete. Admin - Please delete. I have installed a new Kenwood using the standard harness. Everything works fine except the rear door speakers. I have bench tested the unit for rear speaker output I have double checked the harness wiring and made sure that it corresponds to...
Back