Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Another "bearing" thread: HUB29 vs HUB67

i have a friend that is a parts manager at a Ford dealer. we did some research and I went to a few different part stores and compared the parts and harnesses. HUB 29 and HUB67 are the same part BUT the hub 29 has a "improved" Timken bearing and seal which is supposed to last longer therefore...
  2. M

Loud growl front drivers side 40mph (not wheel bearing)

Im having the EXACT same issue with my 06 EB 4x4 v8. symptoms couldnt be anymore the same as yours. I changed the driver side wheel hub assembly as well and the sound is still there. It DOES sound like driver side to me but now im thinking it could be passenger side or something to do with the...
  3. M

2006 6r60 trans fluid change.....anyone?

Your entitled to your opinion.
  4. M

Has anyone done this on the 6R60 6 speed ?
  5. M

I don't like flushing machines. All they do is force dirt and sludge through your transmission, plus I want to clean the pan and change the filter. Anyone have any input on doing this themselves???
  6. M

so ive done a search and cant seem to find much info. has anyone done a transmission pan drop and filter change on a 2006-2010 explorer with the 6r60 6spd transmission? my 2006 EB currently has 62,000 miles and id like to drop the pan and change the fluid and filter. I will be using motorcraft...
  7. M

Amsoil air filters.........****?

I see a lot of people stating that amsoil air filters are far superior than K&N and others. I agree that K&N does not filter well at all, but after seeing this test I now see that amsoil filters are just as bad....or worse. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest3.htm
  8. M

235/65-18 to 255/60-18 Tire Upsize

I upsized to 255/60/18 hankook dynapro atm's. I like that the tires are wider and protect the rim from curb rash. also they look 1000 times better. the stockers were too skinny. they fit perfect, no rubbing at all. Go for it you will be happy with the decision!
  9. M

what kind of explorer do you have and how many miles on it?

2006 eddie bauer 4x4 4.6L , 61,000 miles
  10. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

2004 eddie v8, k&n , 8000k hid's, lumenics fogs. plans for bigger tires soon
  11. M

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

51k miles and working great .....knock on wood.......
  12. M

Southern Ontario Members...

i live in windsor ontario. 04 EB V8. daily driver
  13. M

brighter fog lights!!!

thinking of doing this. have you had any problems yet?
  14. M

Explorer V-6 vs. V-8 MPG???

ive driven both the v6 and v8 models. i would take the v8 anyday. Much smoother running than the v6 IMO and the extra power for passing and merging on hwys is excellent.
  15. M

Why is my MPG soo bad?

well i realized something this week. First i went to the ford dealer where my friend works and he said they will hook thee truck up to the diagnostics system and re-boot the pcm with a new program and he said this will help the MPG. Well LAST time i went to my sisters house which is a 2 hour...
  16. M

Why is my MPG soo bad?

yeah i reset it when i got it.
  17. M

Why is my MPG soo bad?

1. Yes i use the digital calculator thing on the dash. 2. The truck has zero mods, stock tires, just like it came from the factory. 3. mostly city driving , not much snow here. I never have to use 4HIGH. 4. No 5. I dont block the rad , alighnment is good , tire wear is even. 6. um im not...
  18. M

Why is my MPG soo bad?

nothing in the trunk. im gonna change the plugs with new motorcraft ones and i got a k&n drop in filter.
  19. M

Why is my MPG soo bad?

i have an 04 EB 4x4 4.6L. Its NOT the AWD model. i only get 11-12 MPG for all city drving and i only get 15 MPG on the hwy using the cruise control. My tires have 38 psi and the air filter is clean. it only has 40,000 miles. I use 5W20 mobil 1 synthetic. What is wrong? everyone else with the 4.6...
  20. M

Hello - new here

Hey my name is Rick i just bought a 2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer. Its a sweet ride , i love it. Its got all the options including the 4.6L V8, Which i also have in my 1996 mustang GT which has some mods. The mustang will become a weekend car and the explorer is my new daily driver, anyways looks...
Back