Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Heated AND A/C seats like the Expy's????

Explorers did not come with A/C seats. Aviators did, but the conversion would be long and difficult. But hey, if you really want to....
  2. E

Check out My Ride...

You need better pics to show off the hard work!
  3. E

4.6l performance

Notice much improvements with the MPG or throttle response?
  4. E

Chrome Window Trim/molding

First off, i wanna know where you're getting it from for 180...... lucky Yes, but it's not hard. It's just a solid chunk of rubber and the razor blade slices through it like butter. Why are you worried about something that you will never see if you have no intentions of taking the trim off?
  5. E

Here is my actual conversation not but a week ago trying to figure out the same thing as you. Once again on that forum I am limitedex. http://forums.explorer----x.com/index.php?showtopic=10431&hl= (again, remove the "----" before linking it) Also, I think you may have to be a member...
  6. E

no, only about four inches from where the back of the rear window rolls down. the actual explorer trim removes, that's probably what you're seeing... you see, the aviator trim is about four inches longer than the explorer's. real simple, i just used a box cutter with a sharp blade. no...
  7. E

No, yes, link below, and yes. http://forums.explorer------x.com/index.php?showtopic=8190 (Since this is another explorer forum, I think the actual link is literally blocked....... before you click on it take out all of the "------" that I had to insert for it to even show up.) This is...
  8. E

Check out my cardomain for pics after install. You have to cut the rubber away from the rear vent glass. This is the only discrepency between Explorers and Aviators.
  9. E

Found Aviator Mirrors! Get them here.

This is the price from Steve who sells Ford parts for 10% above cost. Saves over $200 from what Ford is asking. Hope this helps! Here is his reply to my email: "Hey Justin, I am still doing the big discount. The mirrors actually do not come with the paintable front cover so the prices are...
  10. E

this my truck 2002

Different wheels.......kinda reminds me of a cop car.
  11. E

Cobra R 17's on 05 Limited?

Go with 20's. See link below.
  12. E

Few Questions

Just bought my aviator trim today from ford for $240 for all four doors. Install will be within a couple weeks.
  13. E

Just bought mine at ford today. $240 total for all four doors.....ouch!
  14. E

I need your help, Who's snorkel/Truck is this???

Dunno, but I'll bump it for ya.
  15. E

Wanting a Gen3 Limited - Need advice to unload my 02 XLT

I just traded in my '02 XLT for an '03 Limited. I got $7,400 for the trade in and paid $9,000 for the Limited. The XLT had 83k on it. Hope that helps. The KBB value of the XLT was $8,700 for good/excellent condition. They lowered the price of the Limited for less of a trade in. The Limited had...
  16. E

Anyone close to Oklahoma City area?

Let's get together when it gets warmer. Anybody interested or near enough to maybe meet somewhere?
  17. E

New Grilles and Spinners

www.grille4u.com
  18. E

AutoMatic Climate Control for an XLT?

Haha, october of last year is not the grave.... Don't worry, I've been digging up some all week from years ago....
  19. E

New Grilles and Spinners

Where did you find the aviator trim? Don't tell me you have to buy the doors... :confused:
  20. E

New Grilles and Spinners

Old doesn't equal "locked"...
  21. E

Where did you buy your clear Headlights?

I made mine for my '96. There is a thread that shows you how to remove the amber lens by making a small cut on the inside of the plastic. Search for clear corners and you will find the thread. I can't remember what it's called. On my new one i just bought them off ebay. Less than $40 shipped.
  22. E

4.6 Programmers

Do you have any dyno results for a 4.6L Chip? Estimates or anything would be appreciated if you know. Basically is it worth the money assuming this would be in excess of $400...
  23. E

New Grilles and Spinners

I like it. Very nice work.
  24. E

Few Questions

No, but there's a few guys on cardomain that have it so i know it's possible. I just don't know the price. If you find out please let me know!!!
Back