Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Will size 285 tires fit using only coil spacers to lift?

If you are going to go all out with the BTF arms and spacers you 'should' be ok. I know that when Brandon first started his spacers he spent quite a bit of time trying out different sizes to see what worked best and caused the fewest issues. And that's when it became apparent that something had...
  2. C

Will size 285 tires fit using only coil spacers to lift?

Hey, thanks for the PM to bring me back to this forum and the thread. Sorry it took a bit, notification went to my spam folder. So here goes. When I had my '05 EB I ran 265's, both stock and with the RB spacers. Could I have fit 285's? Short answer, yes. Would I recommend it, no. There is a...
  3. C

What's gonna go wrong next?

I did wheel bearings 3 times, tie rod ends twice, thought about repainting my delaminated and rusted roof, questioned why i was getting 25 litres/100km and finally traded it in (2005 v8 EB). All this in less than 3 years. Got a 2007 Jeep JK Unlimited, love it. That said, my wifes 2003 XLT...
  4. C

Stupid is as stupid does..................

I changed the brakes on my Probe. Neglected to prime them afterwards. Put it in reverse and stomped on it not realizing my wife had pulled in behind me. You guessed it, I rear ended myself with the front of her truck. Go me.
  5. C

New Shoes - Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs

I have yet to read a bad review of these tires on any forum. Everybody is raving about them and it helps that compared to other tires in comparable sizes they are light. Will definitely be getting a set myself when its time for new rubber...which will be soon.
  6. C

ABS and AdvanceTrac and 4x4 HIGH Idiot Lights On

I've replaced all 4 wheel bearings in mine more than once. Twice in 3 years for the rears, fronts were done 3 times. (1 of the contributing factors to trading it in) I got the parts from eBay the first time (my bad) and then actually paid for good parts after that at PartSource. Fronts were...
  7. C

Cozmik's 'Stormy' Registry

Good thing I'm happy with my low mile 3.8 for now. Thats easily a $10k conversion when its all said and done.
  8. C

Looking at the website it doesn't look like the actual motor is included in any of the kits.....they are not really clear about that. Mind you I didn't look that deep yet.
  9. C

Not named yet, still working on that. As for the engine, it's the older 3.8L V6, I wasn't prepared to part with over $40k for a new 2012 to get the Pentastar (although I did drive a few and it's AWESOME). As for the Hemi...let's just say that if I won the lottery the JK and I would take a...
  10. C

ABS and AdvanceTrac and 4x4 HIGH Idiot Lights On

I've had this happen a couple of times to me as well. Both times was front wheel bearings/ABS sensors. Although when mine went I was able to pull codes. My SCT couldn't read any DTC codes but my friend has a more in depth machine that allows for you to pull ABS codes and that's how I got to the...
  11. C

Allaa's 2008 Explorer XLT 4WD V6

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with your tranny. Having to rebuild it twice certainly isn't something any of us wants to do. Hopefully this new kit will solve your issues. Good luck.
  12. C

Why thank you sir! Can't wait till spring to get the soft top on. :D (and down ;) )
  13. C

Thanks James. It wasn't an easy decision, I still really enjoyed driving my Ex but I was getting really frustrated with how custom everything with these trucks has to be in order to build them for offroad. And with custom comes price. Its great that Brandon and Duner have come up with some lift...
  14. C

So, I mentioned back on the 22nd that I was going to be making some changes and would update after they were done. Looking at all available options and weighing out the costs and labor involved, I decided on a solid axle swap front and back...sort of. Before: After: Yes, I...
  15. C

BTF Lift Project

Looking good. Can't wait to see the finished product. The silver powdercoat looks really nice btw.
  16. C

4x4 high light blinking

If you haven't pulled the codes yet, start there. That will be your best bet for diagnosing this. Having had this issue myself a few times, its likely another ABS/wheel sensor. The codes will tell you for sure. Good luck, and let us know what you find.
  17. C

For Sale Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL

Welcome Beastmaster. You could skip the Truxx lift altogether and just order custom spacers and the arms from Brandon at BTF. His contact info is on page 1 I believe, if not its a sticky on the main 2002-2005 Modified page. The reason I say to skip the Truxx set up is that apparently you...
  18. C

Thats excellent. I look forward to seeing what your results are. Finally getting a 'problem free' sized spacer nailed down will really help a lot of people out, and hopefully inspire some more built Explorers. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
  19. C

Thanks. I love having my iPod and Sirius hiding in the glove box with full control through the deck. I hate having things stuck to the windshield. Making some changes this weekend. Will be posting some updates when I'm done....
  20. C

Lynchy's wagon

G'day mate! ;) Any updates? I know you had BTF product ordered, wondering if you got it delivered and installed?
  21. C

Allaa's 2008 Explorer XLT 4WD V6

Looking good my friend. You are an inspiration to me and I certainly have plans for my Ex based on the work you have done to yours. Thanks again for 'Exploring' those paths.
  22. C

4 hours on the interior today. It wasn't a JoeDirt level detailing, but it sure made a HUGE difference and made me REALLY happy. All I have left to do now are my upper ball joints on the front end and get my roof painted and then my 'restoration' (read: pay for my neglect) is done and then I can...
  23. C

Cragar wheels with 265/75/16..what size rims? Rubbing issues?

Dick Cepek Mud Country's, 265/75R16;
  24. C

Lift Choices

Duner, any idea as to when and how much?
  25. C

Haven't done much over the last 4 months or so other than neglect the truck. Paid for that this past weekend. 2 new front wheel bearings, new spark plugs, oil and filter change and a good wash. Next up is a good interior cleaning and then getting my roof re-painted. After I get all the...
Back