Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

5r55 rebuild parts/ tools list

Look up a few post at Munchies post. There is a pair of grooves machined in the stem on either side of the fluid in hole, orings are put in the grooves to stop the fluid from leaking past the wore out bore. Why do you think you need a new torqe converter?
  2. J

As long as you don't have a broken band, pick up that modified servo, spend a couple hours to install it, and be back on the road with hardly spending any time or money, and not even having to drop the pan.
  3. J

2002+ Hi/Low transfercase motor rebuild how-to inside

I know there allready is a huge sticky post on the older transfer case motor rebuild, but here is a post for the guy's looking for the how to on the newer ones. There are a few differences between the 2. Here you go...
  4. J

Valve Body Alignment Guide Pins...

Ah, now it makes sense. But, unfortunately my new VBX (valve body express) does'nt use a bonded separator plate gasket :(
  5. J

I understand. But what I dont understand, cant the bolts them self line up the VB good enough? Are the pin's a super tight clearance?
  6. J

I know there temporary. But how much better of a job do those 2 guide pin's do compared to the other bolts that are allready going in there?
  7. J

Then why did ford put guide pin holes in there if there not needed?
  8. J

I've seen other people say that. But I've allways wondered, the valve body allready has a dozzen bolts to it, what good does adding another 2 really do? I'm planing on starting all the bolts by hand finger tite, then go though with torq wrench. With all the bolts started, that should hold it in...
  9. J

The manual say's to use Ford #307-334. But on Fordparts.com there is no such thing. Anybody do with out? It's for a 5R55
  10. J

HELP! 03 Explorer purchase screws me! No 2nd shift

That's now the 2nd time on this forum I've seen this happen. Did it look just like this? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262491
  11. J

I'm just starting the rebuild process on my 02 5r55 w/ 140k. But I dont have the common "flare" problem. I have a intermittent delayed/weak reverse. Also a chatter between 3-4 upshift, but that could maybe be a ABS/4x4 problem? (ABS light was on when the problem started.) And, I've had a...
  12. J

Please help need transmission advice.

How about an update to help others with the same problem. What did you end up doing?
  13. J

Did you find the problem? How about an update. Sounds like you could have a worn bore on the OD servo. I belive the OD servo is needed for 2nd gear also.
  14. J

How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS

On my 02 I was able to back the stuck bolts out far enough to get a gap large enough to fit a sawsall blade in there. Then just cut the bolt.
  15. J

2002 Explorer transmission - delayed shifts

I would think a reman tranny would come complete. I would worry most, if the reman job didn't include the servo bore bushing inserts.
  16. J

5r55e BAD BET!

What about just finding a good junk yard tranny with a warranty and cross your fingers?
  17. J

2002 4.6 4x4 delayed engagement into reverse Help!

Update. Went to pull the truck into the garage to rip the valve body out, but it's working 100% fine now. Took it for a long test drive and it was perfect the whole time. Now I really need to start pulling my hair out. Cant trust it on long trips. Will just have to drive it on short trips till...
  18. J

2002 Explorer transmission - delayed shifts

Wait a second, I also have a 2002 4.6 4x4 but the Fordparts web site say's it's a 5R55S but you guys are saying it's a 5R55W. So who's wrong? And bump for the OP, so what was the problem?
  19. J

'07 Explorer 2WD 4.0L - tranny slipping (5R55S)!

Well was it a problems with a servo? Did you get it fixed yet?
  20. J

HELP! 03 Explorer purchase screws me! No 2nd shift

Hope you get it fixed. That dealer must of been a smooth talker to sell a car with out a test drive before hand.
  21. J

My A4LD has a broken intermediate band.

oh red flag. Next time you need to watch out for your self and not be so trusting. Might be time to make another 30 mile trip and do some talking...
  22. J

Easy Valve body Gasket Removal or any stuck gasket

My 02 V8 has the delayed reverse and up shift 2-3 studder. I see others have also tried the easy stuff and still have the problem.
  23. J

Easy Valve body Gasket Removal or any stuck gasket

I might have to pick up a can and keep it around. It allways seems that the most time consuming part of doing waterpumps and intake manifold type job's is cleaning up the old gasket. Did you have the delayed reverse problem?
  24. J

2002 4.6 4x4 delayed engagement into reverse Help!

02 4.6 4x4 delayed engagement into reverse & 3-4 chatter Has 140k now, tranny flush fluid/filter service was done about 20k ago. No O/D or CEL lights, but the ABS light has been on for couple weeks. Forward gears seem fine. Does my tranny have the same problem/fix as the A4LD? I see in...
  25. J

2002 XLT 4.6 Coolant Leak

The class action law suite was for the early 4.6's. A 2002 should allready have the all aluminum intake manifold as OEM.?.
Back