Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Will I be hated. 96 explorer may take trip to metal yard. need something?>

Needed the space but as i was telling others, i managed to get it to goto a yard where it will sit and allow others to pic from it rather than going right to the crusher. Standard Auto Wreckers Toronto.
  2. T

Well I called up the owner of Standard Auto Wreckers and they bough it from me at a fair price alo giving me a few hundred bucks in yard credit for any future parts i may need. Next weekend it will be in the upic yard free parts day or anyone that needs stuff. you pay 60 bucks admin fee to enter...
  3. T

I agree and Ive tried. Space seems to be their problems. Standard gave me good cash and he gave me a large amount of credit for parts in his yard. so that worked for me. Very pleasant Fellow unlike vultures towing who was here friday.
  4. T

Where are you located? I Needed the space for another project. So What i did end up doing is calling up the owner od Standard Auto Wrecks in Scarbrough Ont. He sent a truck out and the truck will be placed out in the yard so others can get what parts they want from in. It sure beats having it...
  5. T

238,980 km. transmission was replaced when i replaced a cracked ring gear. there is about 5000km on rebui;t tranmission.. I also have 2 spare transfer cases, another tranmission and 3 front axles for local free parts days/
  6. T

The experience frustrated me to the point. I sure dont care to try it again. .Im thinking its off to the melter tomorrow. ill try and get the mid flares off to the guy who wanted a set.
  7. T

I was so mad, I just told him to get out of my face before it becomes a larger problem. It was a hot day so the plastics seem to of popped back into their place minus a few clips.
  8. T

I called that program. The guy came here after I answered all his questions, I told dont bother coming with less than 900. Once he got here He started to tell me how it didnt have alloy wheels, the Cats were not original blaw blaw blaw. He pissed me off so much I sent him on his merry way as he...
  9. T

My thoughts were along the same line. Scrp rate is high at the moment and I have a big buyer 15 min from me. last update was 308 bucks a tonne so if i were to drag it across the scale and scrap the cat at the wirgh scale i would only get 1 grand for it so I figure if someone can use it for parts...
  10. T

Hi All. Its been a long time since i posted, Life got busy, family members got sick and passed. thus I have lost interest in my explorer and could use the space its taking up in the driveway. Shes a 1996 Eddie Bauer in great shape it was runnig inthe spring but i just cant seem to get her to...
  11. T

Replaced a Transmission. No forward only reverse

Well thanks for the input, I had to adjust the linkage because it would not start in park. At fist i thought it was a fuse or relay, I played about for a while until it dawned on me to check the linkage. I followed a procedure found here on this site and it took no time to set it, so that...
  12. T

I clarified my original post so its more clear, sorry about that. I guess I was tired and frustrated when i posted. I went back out last night to double check all the plugs/ connectors. everything is tight till the point i heard a click and no further movement in the connectors. I checked...
  13. T

Hey gang, been a while since I had an issue I cant solve. My 1996 explorer transmission was slipping real bad. no reverse and major slipping in forward. I scraped my 1995 explorer. the transmission in the 1995 Expolrer was rebuilt earlier so I pulled it out before i scraped it. The 1995...
  14. T

Front end noise--PLEASE HELP

I had the same issues, however, to further pin point it I took it out on roads with alot of curves, it acted up for when i was turning right than left. I replaced my wheel bearing on the drivers side and it went away,
  15. T

Any help on how to install a new starter?

I Seen no response, Im trying the same thing. I flipped it turned it every way to try and slide it down between the yoke of the front drive shaft and oild pan. darn thing.. so came in to see how you guys did it. ARGH ill try and see if i can get it through the wheel well. This is a 96 and I...
  16. T

AWD Front driveshaft removal.

I would not even think of it, the fuel saving would be minimal at best and the cost to replace damged parts would out your wallet in the red,
  17. T

Frasher Ford Oshawa sucks the bag gijoecam, thanks for the responce, I guess i will not worry about my clutches getting fried in a snow bank, i find it odd that i never used my new 4x4 when a local dealership "frasher ford" installed it.After many months I needed to use the 4x4 because i was...
  18. T

Ok Good thread, 2 things I need to clearmy head, perhaps I have information over load at the moment. But I have a 95 and a 96 Eddie V6 4x4. Im not sure what the vacome tubes do on the front diff. But I just replaced my transfer case. my questions is., 1. If im stuck/mud snow and the rear wheel...
  19. T

Is the part an Upper ball joint or an upper controll arm

Well youd think they would sell it at the same cost of the other ball joints. When i ordered the last set fo rmy truck i just asked for ball joints and the invoice shows upper lower etc, but no where is there a word control arm, bummer. I was hoping to put them all on my truck and then hand in...
  20. T

Is the part an Upper ball joint or an upper controll arm

I was at the auto wreckers today. I found an explorer that had a mint front end. Looked like it just received all new ball joint. On check out they tried to charge me 35.00 for an upper control arm and 6 bucks for the lower ball joints. My argument was that they were more considered a ball joint...
  21. T

Caliper brake bolt backed out!

Well I just backed mine out today in order to replace the rotors. I had replaced them five years ago and never had a problem with them loosening off. But today I ended up having to use a long pipe on the end of my ratchet to back them out. Took some of the inner threads with it. glad i decided...
  22. T

Road Side brake fix (sorta)to get home

gee thats pretty cheap, in my area they run 90.00 a rotor and pads are around 30 bucks. Id never purchase worn brakes, i look for a truck where it was wrecked, most times they are like brand new. I measure for wear with my micrometer if they dont have much wear ill pic em up and have them turned...
  23. T

Road Side brake fix (sorta)to get home

very much so, Ive racked over 150,000 k on those rotors so nothing lost except the time messing with it. I knew they had to be replaced with new ones. just figured i could get another month out of em. I have another explorer so i want to retire this one before i put any cash into it.
Back