Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Engine?

i was told of everdrive from a person at advance auto ,i was looking into getting another transmission at the time. $800 was the price for a used unit with a unlimitied mileage warranty ...not to bad for a used junk yard unit ,the only thing that activates their warranty process is like for...
  2. B

help gas smell

i don't know the only lines that goto the tank are the fuel line /return line /vapor line and the associated wires for the fuel pump . i don't know but maybe if the evap solinoid ( located under the upper intake and fuel rail ) is seeing no pressure in the gas tank that it would trip the cel...
  3. B

help gas smell

i would say don't buy one from auto zone ( every thing they sell is crap to a certain degree ) , i bought a bosch pump at advance auto ..cost me $ 130 back 2 years ago so idkn if they still are that price but it came with a life time replacement so can't go wrong there. 2 methods of...
  4. B

help gas smell

if your has the factory pump still in there then i bet the o-ring under the pump plate is gone and fuel is rolling around and sloshing out the gap in the ring . imho ,if your going to replace the ring and you do indeed have the factory pump then i would just go ahead and replace the pump(...
  5. B

Crank or Cam sensor 93 Explorer

the cam sensor is located below the lower intake manifold on the passenger side / back side of the motor. the crank sensor is located just right below the harmonic balancer ( can't miss it ) the cam is a bugger to see and to get to so keep that in mind if you get frustraited .
  6. B

92 Explorer Valve Lifter (fix)

just remember that lifters are kinda pricey ( $30-50 a pop...depends on manufacture ) also when the lower intake manifold comes off and you start to clean any sludge out of the upper part of the block ...try not to dislodge to much crud into the the block ....to much material that falls into the...
  7. B

Change yer plugs...

...i have to agree with what was said ..... if they screwed up in trying to solve the problem due to their low vocation level then yeah ,i would make a scene at the dealership .almost like the way i had my colorado one year on dec 24th .after takeing my truck to the chevy dealer for a iac...
  8. B

Figuring Out What Parked The Ex...

hope so to ... you mentioned what the truck is worth to you ,true you know what the problems are and you also know who it came from ( your family ) is a plus . for me when i got mine i got so frustrated that i was thinking that the $550 i spent to buy it was a bad move and yes i had to put...
  9. B

water ?

update.... ummmm, i'll mosy likelly get started on this maybe sunday or monday ...we got a bad weather system someing our way here friday and saturday and were expected to get at 1-6 inches of snow :rolleyes: so i don't think that getting started on it today and have it all apart is not going to...
  10. B

Figuring Out What Parked The Ex...

just my 2 cents here ... with from what i've read from everyone posting replies ....and with what is known to be possible causes and with your money standing i would imho just replace the engine ...reason why .... the truck had not been run in ten years...sure it could ( could ) be fixed but...
  11. B

transmission flush or drain and fill?

true...get with t-bars ....he's got a thread on how he did his ( plug and temp guage setup), but if you do then i would go out to the yard and get you another pan .$10 maybe but nice insurance if you mess up the first one up .
  12. B

water ?

tommorow i'm going to see what the hell is up ,but yeah (sigh) already replaced the plugs and wires so i'm leaning twards a fuel issue like blake said or something of that nature ....really wish i could get out there today but i got to shuttle family members around today so hopefully tommorow i...
  13. B

transmission flush or drain and fill?

i would not flush it just replace the fluid and filter ( wix) .i think that valvoline max life fluid maybe the way to go ...it's for ones with over 75k on them and also has a lot of additves that control leaks,slippage,shudder and gear wear .
  14. B

Possible blown head gasket?

i'm going to say small hole in the head gasket .maybe since you said that the oil looks fine on the dip stick but the cap looks like this then i bet a small hole is letting in just a tiny amount of water and due to the heat inside the engine the water is turning to vapor and rise's up to the cap...
  15. B

water ?

the time that the engine bucked on me twice i had a full tank and the cel did come on each time but went out after each cut-out ....the time that i let it idle in the driveway when it died on me i also had a full tank . always the truck has started up on the first turn of the key but in the...
  16. B

water ?

ok after 60 views .i think that my question was not defined well enough.... will water ( in the fuel/gas tank ) ....cause what i described ? (sudden dieing of the engine at idle,and dieing while moveing then cuts back on ) thank you .
  17. B

water ?

bada-bing'bada'bump anyone?
  18. B

water ?

bump
  19. B

water ?

bump i guess what i'm asking is ,do any of you think that water could cause what i described ? no codes or cel either . thanks .
  20. B

water ?

sorry i guess... was talking about water being in the gas tank and getting water into the fuel system . the time that it cut out twice ( really quick like withen 5 seconds total time from the the first cut out ) ...not raining ...was a nice dry day and not cold or hot about 70 f . i just...
  21. B

Stoopid click click click...

then if all of the above is good to go then look at the cables ....if they are stock / factory then they are most likelly corroded on the inside of the cable. it doesnot matter how many tmes you clean the posts on the batt and the cable ends the resistance is still there and preventing the...
  22. B

engine cutting out?

cough ...same problem ...just posted a new thread
  23. B

water ?

water in the gas ...... alright ...tho i have not gone outside to try to get the explorer to start i was talking to a person i know that was haveing problems and told them about mine and they said "maybe it's water " i thought to my self could it be that easy ??? my problem , 3 months...
  24. B

Possible gas leak near tank?

when i replaced the pump in mine i dropped the tank and to my surprise i found at least 3 sharp rocks that had got caught under the skid plate and right up touching the tank plastic .a lot of people that don't drop their tanks really don't have a idea of what can be caught by the skid plate...
  25. B

How to: Install Overhead Console in 1st Gen Explorer - UPDATED

this can happen ...( my thread on the ohc...http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264477 ) (lots of pics with the ohc took apart ) the first one i bought the display would not come on..took it apart and noticed that a #191 resistor had broken it's connection ...could had...
Back