Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Tonneau Seal Replacement

Bump.... I need the tonneau cover seal for my 2010 and haven't been able to find one. Those of you who have gotten them, where did you get it. Thanks.
  2. M

Sudden Death Today

I thought I'd share what happened today. My 2010 ST has 103,x.. miles and original battery. I was out running errands today and came home for about 15 minutes. Went out to leave and the truck was dead. It would not crank and no lights on the dash. No radio either. I did hear some clicking from...
  3. M

I love my ST

This is my 3rd ST. I had a 2001 when they first came out, a 2003, and now the 2010. I have enjoyed all three, but the 2010 is by far the best one. I bought it new in Dec 2010 and have 101,500 miles on it. The only issues I have had are the tonneau cover leaked and the front right wheel hub went...
  4. M

lLeaking Tonneau Cover - Ford's Response

I thought I'd provide an update. I decided to try adjusting the back portion of the cover at the hinge on the side it was leaking. I didn't get it perfectly aligned with the front but I did get it adjusted enough to keep it from leaking anymore. I'm amazed (not really) the dealership mechanics...
  5. M

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

I just finished doing the front right on my 2010 ST. I used a chisel and hammer to get the hub off, hitting it where each of the three bolts go.
  6. M

steering wheel doesn't lock

I just noticed my steering wheel won't lock when I take the key out. It's a 2010 limited with 80k miles on it. I did a search on Google and found a thread that said the locking pin can get dirty and cause that. Has anyone here had that happen? I can't remember the last time it locked. It's...
  7. M

looking for OEM rotors and pads

Thanks. I've done many brake jobs, including rotors, on various vehicles. Is there anything out of the ordinary with doing it on this generation of ST? My 2003 ST was fairly straightforward .
  8. M

looking for OEM rotors and pads

I need rotors and pads for my 2010 Limited. What brand are OEM? Thanks
  9. M

This is a warranty claim.
  10. M

The left side of the hinge leaks. It fills up the little storage compartment near the tailgate and gets anything on that side of the bed wet. The dealership worked on it and made it worse, and now won't do anything about it. I filed a claim with Ford and after a few months of back and forth...
  11. M

OEM Tire Alternative

Since i don't drive in the snow much,I decided to go with the Michelin Latitude Tour HP at $184 each. I have a little over 500 miles on them and so far am very pleased with the handling and smooth, quiet ride. Thanks for all the input.
  12. M

OEM Tire Alternative

Thanks for all of the replies. My '03 ST had GY Wranglers and I got 80k out of them and they still had tread when I replaced them. I got 70k from the next set. But, these tires do seem to provide a softer ride. Even though I don't get much snow here, I do travel to MD and Wash, DC frequently...
  13. M

OEM Tire Alternative

My OEM Michelins only got 40k miles and the replacements are $214 each. Has anyone had any luck with an all season alternative? Thanks
  14. M

Bad Miss on my 2003

I haven't heard back from the indy and I know it doesn't take three days to install a fuel pump so I'm guessing it didn't fix the problem. Since I have my new ST to drive, I will wait patiently.
  15. M

Bad Miss on my 2003

Update: Took the truck to an indy. He called me today and said it was misfiring on two cylinders but not throwing a code. He replaced the plugs and used a test coil to no improvement. He said he then put a temp fuel pressure gauge on it and took it for a test drive. He said the pressure drops...
  16. M

To buy or not to buy a 2010

Thanks for the replies, all. This is my 3rd Sport Trac. Two weeks ago I bought a new Caddy but took it back because it just wasn't as comfortable as the Sport Trac.
  17. M

This was advertised as a Limited, but the tailgate badge doesn't say Limited and I don't have the V8 badges. Is this normal?
  18. M

Bad Miss on my 2003

My 2003 4.0 with 214k miles developed a bad miss upon startup. It threw a P0303 error (cylinder 3 misfire) and if you hold a paper towel up to the exhaust, it sucks it in. That leads me to believe it's a stuck exhaust valve. Once it warms up, it goes away. I tried some Marvels mystery oil to see...
  19. M

Will do as soon as I can figure out how to insert them into a post.
  20. M

I'm looking at buying a new one and I need to hurry because they're disappearing fast. Only a few 4x4s within a 100 miles. I've owned a 2001 and a 2003 and have been very pleased with both of them. In your opinion, is there any reason I shouldn't buy a 2010? Thanks
  21. M

Idle stumbles in park

These tests all turned out good. !0.9 ohms pin to pin, no short to the case. I hate to spend $80 on the chance it still won't resolve the problem. But hey, at least I'm not paying labor. What does it mean that I have greasy residue around the pcv valve? Could a bad pcv valve contribute to this...
  22. M

Idle stumbles in park

Thanks. I'll run those checks and let you know how it turns out.
  23. M

Idle stumbles in park

My 2003 stumbles really bad when I put it in park. It usually recovers ok but sometimes it stalls. I've cleaned the IAC and replaced the EGR valve. The PCV valve elbow is ok. Any ideas what to check next? I'm not getting any codes or CELL.
Back