Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

yea it is a homemade bar worked kinda off of the design that Karpiel73 did for his... I didnt get a chance to get pictures in the daylight today but I will try to tomorrow.
  2. D

running light wire

I'm installing a sun visor with lights on my 01 explorer sport and am trying to find the best location to tap into the running lights to attach the five lights on the sun visor too. Looking at the wiring going straight to the lights I think it should be a brown wire but can't find a convenient...
  3. D

explorer sport pics

Is that the actual model that you bought? It doesn't show that it fits the 2001 neither do any of the other models.
  4. D

explorer sport pics

is that a Lund roof sun visor or some other brand? Is there some specific name for them other then sun visor all I can find on them is a $250 Lund version and not really wanting to spend that much so was curious if there was a cheaper option.
  5. D

How To: Underbody LED Kit

what size led's did you use? and what did you use to mount the leds in?
  6. D

pop when turning lights off

what type diode would I need and it would just go right before the power wire goes into the relay? thanks
  7. D

theres two different relays for two separate sets of lights so its not a bad relay. ok, that makes sense. How would you go about using a grounded shield? Is it just a special power wire that is grounded as well? Is it even worth the fix or should I just deal with the pop once in awhile...
  8. D

the relays are up near the batters and the amp is in the back at the other end of the car though.
  9. D

reverse camera wiring

bump... anyone know?
  10. D

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

thanks. I really like the way it all worked out. Everyone says it looks like a police vehicle having the lights behind the grill. They were a real pain to get setup back there since there isn't much room at all to work.
  11. D

Nothing is connected near a stereo connection except on the battery itself. I have the switch going straight to the battery and the relay. The relay is wired straight to the batter for power and ground. The lights are grounded to a front grill support. Its only when I turn the lights off that...
  12. D

I have two sets of extra lights on the front of my explorer. I originally had them wired straight through the switches but added relays recently. Since I put the relays in every time i turn the lights on or off there is a pop sound through the stereo. What would cause this by just adding...
  13. D

reverse camera wiring

I installed a reverse camera on my 01 sport but need to find the wire for the reverse lights so the camera comes on when I put my truck in reverse. I checked the wire coming from the reverse light itself and it is black and pink. I used a meter to check every black/pink wire in the drivers and...
  14. D

Fix a cross threaded spark plug hole

those back taps are a pretty neat too. Never seen anything like them. Wouldn't mind having a set either would be nice with the standard sizes as well.
  15. D

shocks for lowered 01 sport

bump... any suggestions?
  16. D

shocks for lowered 01 sport

I have an 01 sport that I have been planning on lowering for awhile. I also need to shocks seeing as I have 86,000 miles and original shocks as far as I know seeing as half the rears are rotted away. I was wondering if there were some different length shocks that would be better for lowering...
  17. D

box under rear seat

is it hollow? would like two sides be able to be cut out and an amp mounted through it? I've seen people mount amps under the seat and would rather do that then have it attached to the back of the seat as i do currently.
  18. D

box under rear seat

the rods go behind the seat in the floor. This box is actually under the seat itself.
  19. D

box under rear seat

A friend spilled a drink in the back seat of my 01 explorer sport the other day and a pulled part of the carpet up under the seat and there is a large black plastic box under the seat under the carpet. I was just wondering what this box actually is so I dont unbolt it and pull it apart to...
  20. D

Thieves amoung us..

the same thing happened to me a couple months ago. Had both front windows smashed in my stereo, subs, amp, ipod, gps, cds, and other stuff stolen. The police just wrote up a report and left it at that. My insurance paid to have the class fixed but not for anything that was stolen. I'm still...
  21. D

chrome bulbs

Yea, Im thinking of trying out the silverstars for the signals.. they have a unique look to them. Anyone with any info on the yellow fog light bulbs? thanks -Matt
  22. D

chrome bulbs

so you guys think the led bulbs are the best to go with for the turn signals. If you could NYMount21 post some pictures of how they look. What about for the fog lights. Are there any yellow bulbs made in the stock size or I need to convert the 9005 bulbs? and which brand are best for the...
  23. D

chrome bulbs

Ive heard that takes the brightness out of the bulbs though With the LED's for turn signals do you need some type of resister set up to balance everything out? or do those bulbs have it all built in. Others i have needed extra wiring. thanks
  24. D

chrome bulbs

I have clear corners on my 01 sport and want to change out the amber bulbs since they still show as amber during the day when there not on. I know there are sever different options to replace them with; LED's, Chrome bulbs Silver stars So which ones have the best color in day and night to...
  25. D

About to order -- Help

I had to get the 16"s because the 15's were to small. They rubbed inside on the brakes. but I believe it is just the sport that has the larger rotors so you should be fine. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CRR-3977812P&N=700+115&autoview=sku those are the ones i...
Back