Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

fuel filter relacement---how?

how in the hell do u get the fuel filter off of an explorer. it mite seem dumb of me to ask but i can seem t figure it out. any help
  2. G

Engine won't turn off 1995 Ranger

ummm any chance the car is diesel. i know that sometimes if it is a diesel and the idle is to high the engine wont stop. idk if that helps at all i doubt its diesel but there ya go
  3. G

A4LD stuck in forward, even while in neutral and reverse.

i am also vey interested in your outcome crawlinbronc. im gunna rebuild the one i have sittin. i just wanna know what to fix bfore i dig in
  4. G

A4LD stuck in forward, even while in neutral and reverse.

you seem to be more dedicated to finding the problem than i was. well if you do decide to actually chase the problem and do find it, lmk. i would love to take apart my old tranny,which has the same problem, and rebuild it to be tougher than the average tranny. good luck with this though, like i...
  5. G

flywheel/crankshaft not turning

oh sorry guys..my bad. i didnt realize how much people loved results. im happy to report that my explorer is up and running. i just nudges the tranny away and pushed and spun th torque converter a little and surely she dropped back another inch or so and i was able to continue with my work. all...
  6. G

damn, so it was the torque converter after all. alright, well ill pull the tranny again and see if i cant push it back more....(slowly killing himself)
  7. G

let me just start off by saying that i used a grinder to dull the chisel before i attacked the flywheel. i have also come to the conclusion that i must have messed up somewhere in my installation process. so ive got one of those dentist mirrors im gunna use.ill back the tranny out until tc is...
  8. G

yup..turned it both ways..tried a chisel in hammer on the flywheel...i dont know what it can be anymore, and i really dont want to pull the tranny again because i feel it as noting to do with it.
  9. G

alright..i just pulled all the plugs, took the belt off and i have still not been able to turn that ####ing thing. any other ideas
  10. G

i guess u and me just helped each other out then huh..good luck with ur shifter cable
  11. G

New pics, But big problem...

hey i think i might know your problem... yesterday i just installed my new tranny, and the shifter cable didn't fit right. it was about an inch and a half off from where it should be...my advice is that if you still have ur old tranny just look at its shift cable support bar, i guess u can call...
  12. G

yes it does have the 6 hole...i have been told and do believe, but have not tried it yet, that if i take out the spark plugs and try to turn it again it may turn easily that way. a few people have mentioned this. there is no way in hell im taking that tranny out until i absolutely know whats wrong
  13. G

i just installed my new tranny and i got up to the part where i spin the flywheel to put the 3 remaining nuts on the torque converter bolts. when i went to spin the crankshaft, i got nothing. no turn at all. after a while, the nut just came off the crankshaft. why wont the flywheel turn. i...
  14. G

Still Safe to drive?

random, but does it drive forward in neutral???
  15. G

New Explorer wheels, will they fit?

once i get some new rims im puttin 245/75r/16 tires on my 94 explorer
  16. G

94 a4ld tranny, no reverse, neutral gear

alright....so what are the oddss if i: buy a rebuild kit with new bands, gaskets, seals, pump bushing, and extension house bushing. and also buy a valve body will this fix my problem given i rebuild everything correctly
  17. G

yeah, i had someone i knew tell me they had a scrapyard that would sell me a used tranny for 150 if i come and take it out myself. so i take mine out to just go get the tranny and hopefully be running by the weekend. just my luck it was an 04 not a 94. i was so happy.
  18. G

hey. thanks for the advice. ill look into it and see if everything looks good. and ive heard from several places that my problem could be the valve body. im actually considering buying one i saw on ebay for 50 shipped.
  19. G

hey. i have a 94 explorer and a possibly shot tranny. however i have time and no money right now so im just gunna fix it myself. however i dont know whats wrong. so i turn here. i have no reverse, engine just revs it drives forward in neutral neutral will not allow me to roll at all any...
Back