Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

History of your first gen Explorer

Ol' Ruby came from Nebraska and lived in Oregon near Portland when I bought her in 2006. Had the fuel relay problem and I had no idea at the time and sold her for 400 bucks to a friend in 2012. He passed in 2014 and I got the chance to buy her back from his estate for the same price. Same...
  2. B

1994 Explorer 4dr rear door issues

What have you tried so far?
  3. B

You meet the nicest people on explorerforum.com

This forum has helped me enjoy my 1994 Explorer so much more with all the pictures and specifics. I try to offer up help as I can as well. I'm a rookie but if peeps need a picture of something or anything, i'm glad to do what I can. Thank you to the group. Scott. :exporange
  4. B

loud thumping in coolant system

Had the same issue when I first got my 94 xlt. Mine needed the air bled out of the cooling system. Typical on these.
  5. B

Power Mirror Switch Fire

Just checked mine (non-heated mirrors, just standard electric) and the fuse has been added to it. I do need to take the switch apart to check the contacts. I have left full control but right only goes up and down. I love taking this stuff all the way apart down to the boards and cleaning things...
  6. B

Bought my truck back

No but the dorky estate people managed to take everything out of her including: 500 watt amp two 10's in a solid box the jack AND the handle the stereo owners manual the stereo remote set of fan clutch tools i had my daughter cut for me custom on the plasma cutter when she was still in...
  7. B

Bought my truck back

thanks everyone. think it may have been 2011 when i sold her but yeah. good to have her home.
  8. B

Bought my truck back

O'l Ruby rides again. The guy I sold her to back in 2012 has passed away and his neighbor (my cousin) bought her from the estate and sold her back to me for the same price I sold her for. This is just so cool for me to have my precious Explorer sitting in my driveway again. Had to share...
  9. B

Post yer 94 pictures

All great pictures and thanks for all the replies. I enjoyed the thread. I had to sell ol' Ruby a few months back due to other financial issues not related to her, as I owned her outright. I loved that damn truck and her kick ass thumpin' stereo. Keep posting them pictures. I bid you...
  10. B

Post yer 94 pictures

Damn nice lookin' rig right there. :thumbsup:
  11. B

How to: 1st Gen Gas Tank Fuel Pump Access Panel

My turn now. The ex died with no more pump sounds and I checked everything out to verify: fuel pump needs replaced. Sooo, i'm going to both drop the tank so I can inspect everything under there, and cut the access hole for the future. Awesome thread! Thanks to everyone including the...
  12. B

got my truck stuck bigtime NEED HELP!!!!

Where did you get stuck? Dixie mountain area? I'm up in Ocean Park or i'd be there to help you out no prob.
  13. B

Fuse panel diagram.

Picture of the under dash fuse box cover plus diagrams from my 1994 Explorer owners manual: http://usera.imagecave.com/Beachbum/explorerfusecover.JPG http://usera.imagecave.com/Beachbum/explorerudfuses.JPG
  14. B

Unknown Alternator Problem

And welcome to the forum. You will find this place is a great source.
  15. B

Unknown Alternator Problem

X2, check them cables
  16. B

Temp guage not reading right

I thought the one on the left is called the sender, the right, the sensor.
  17. B

1991 XLT Restoration

Sweet lookin' ride. Keep up the good work:thumbsup:
  18. B

Swinging Gauge

New temp sender fixed mine when my guage was doing that. I had replaced the fan clutch, fan, radiator, all hoses, the sender and the thermostat. Still fluctuated. Replaced the sender a second time and that did the trick. I had tapped the boot on to the first new one and had broken the tip...
  19. B

Striker Bolt

Info I gave wasn't pertinent to the thread.
  20. B

yellow clip for the door rod

Here is the link for you Jd http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Door-Lock-Rod-Clip-Motormite_9111638-P_N3115_A%7CGRP2037____?cm_mmc=aff-_-cj-_-3663046-_-10720525
  21. B

Electric trouble very strange help!

Diagrams: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232576
  22. B

I need a vacuum diagram.

Search function will yield results. Another way is to ask someone who owns one if you can have a look under the hood. Fellow Explorer owners are almost always willing to share a lookie under the hood.
  23. B

door lock wont work.

Try lifting up on the door somehow. I'm thinking maybe door sag is causing it to bind.
  24. B

4.0l v6 weight?

Believe ours was 4500 lbs stock with factory tow option and 4x4, 4 door. (edit)4650.
  25. B

Check out the sweet deal I got on my 91 Explorer!

Good deal there. Just never know when a decent rig will come along. You jumped at the right time sounds like.:thumbsup: Enjoy.
Back