Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

I have a bunch of old rotors & a set of old break drums I wanted powder coated. I'm going to turn the rotors in to flower pot stands and the drums into flower pots.
  2. D

Lifting a 1995 Exp using a '98 ranger lift kit?

:moon: In my defense, it's been 10 years since I was in the Explorer/Mountaineer game:moon:
  3. D

Lifting a 1995 Exp using a '98 ranger lift kit?

On the 1995 Explorer's the torsion bar bracket was riveted to the frame. On 1996 & up they were bolted to the frame. That is why no lift kit company covers the 1995 Explorers.
  4. D

Rims

You are not going to be able to save the clear coat. Ultraviolet light from the sun is what has caused the clear coat to turn yellow. I absolutely hate clear coated wheels.
  5. D

Betty's "I want to be a mule" progress log thread

That's whoa Black Betty Bam-Ba-Lam. Let's get it right next time:p
  6. D

I'd be grumpy too for having a Turdyota muffler :D:p
  7. D

Oil filter adapter w/coolant.. Normal or WTF is that?!

Amen. Replacing that short, 30 degrees or so molded hose between the cooler & water pump is a MFPITA.
  8. D

The Black Hole

Greg, I have an alignment tool from my 97 5.0 if it will work. It's just taking up room in my toolbox.
  9. D

$1700 for a 210k rustbucket

14 city/18 highway :laugh::laugh::laugh: not with 210K on it.
  10. D

Thank goodness for that :p:D No Amsoil? Must be getting cheap like me:p. I went Valvoline synthetic my last change. Saved me $3 as opposed to going with Mobil 1.
  11. D

wheel hub assembly

The bearings will be preloaded since it is a complete hub assembly. Make sure you torque it to the correct spec.
  12. D

Which tire ? How many to change ?

Depending on the age shape of your spare, you might need 5 new tires. If it is 2wd you might get by with 2 tires. The new ones would go on the rear, and the current rear tires to the front.
  13. D

DayTime Running Lights/Problem???

Holy old thread Batman. It has to be record.
  14. D

1999 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD Build Thread

It's not the coupling that bothers me. It's the 90 degree bend in the hose that comes of the 90 degree coupling. It looks like it is stressed.
  15. D

1999 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD Build Thread

I all I can say is wow. :) Now being in the hydraulic hose business for close to 15 years, the 90 degree bend on the hose make me cringe.
  16. D

Installing a new all aluminum two core radiator

I thought you meant where to source the adapters themselves.:p
  17. D

Installing a new all aluminum two core radiator

Any hydraulic hose distributor should be able to get the adapters. They may not stock them, but they can order them.
  18. D

Buying questions 1999 302 150K Miles

At 150K the engine is just getting broke in. I had 250K on my 97 Mountaineer when I got rid of it. I had no engine, transmission or transfer case issues.
  19. D

charging system fiasco

There is a fuse under the hood for the alternator. It's a 30 or 40 AMP. I went through this several years ago and it ended up being the alternator fuse was blown.
  20. D

The Gem Conundrum

You don't want three vehicles? Hell, a few years ago we had six vehicles, and that was just the wife & I. :D We're just down to two now and it sucks. We both want a third vehicle so if one is down for repair we have a back up, or if I'm wrenching on one while the wife is gone, I have a chase...
  21. D

My First Explorer, 2000 EB

Still much easier than Torque Monster header install. :p
  22. D

5.0 Explorer powered Ranger

You will need to use a photo hosting site like Photobucket since you are not an Elite member. Have one of your students show you how. They can probably accomplish it in les than 5 minutes :D
  23. D

New tires

Spacers kill your wheel bearings. I never have and never will run spacers.
  24. D

New tires

In my opinion NO. Do yourself a favor and by from a local tire shop. That way if there is an issue with he tires they will stand behind them. I bought a set of the Kenda Klevers 30x9.50x15 MT's off ebay. They were fine for about 4-5 months, then they got loud as hell, started riding like crap...
Back