Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Well, that didn't sound good!

As someone who's considering a new Platinum this is worrying - but I guess that's what the warranty is for. Any way you can parlay your experience into a 2017? (if Sync3 is important to you)
  2. J

What colour/color is your Explorer?

Candy Red, which is NLA. Still like the colour, esp with the sand interior. Still toying with getting a 2017 Platinum. Would have strongly considered Bronze Fire, but that's now NLA too.
  3. J

2017 Order Guide & Prices* (*post 53 added)

Me too. This is really disappointing :(
  4. J

Anyone know if the Aviator is coming back?

I kinda hope the Aviator returns just for sentimental reasons - the 2005 Aviator I had was probably one of the best overall vehicles I've ever owned. I guess a replacement would be very different, though.
  5. J

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

Here's what I ended up with from my Mac: vs when I did it on a PC, with all the BT4T and EA5T files inside the SyncMyRide folder: Not sure why, I'd done updates from my Mac before.
  6. J

Hard to start after gas fill up

I had this issue with my 2012 Limited. Seems to be quite common. Purge valve was a quick and easy fix. More info in this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3516326
  7. J

P2196 and P2198...what to check

Just wanted to say thanks to ssilence for the information in this thread. Our 2012 Limited had exactly the same symptoms - stalling after filling up, occasional stumbling, and the same two fault codes. Owned from new, never topped off or anything. Started showing symptoms after being run very...
  8. J

2016 Ford Explorer vs Jeep Grand Cherokee

You're lucky it wasn't the Pinto that was "rear ended by idiot" ... :D
  9. J

2016 Ford Explorer vs Jeep Grand Cherokee

Interesting - what I'd really like if I swap my 2012 for a 2017 is the interior and toys of the Platinum with the drive / handling of the Sport ...
  10. J

Split Armrest Issue

One more to add to the list. Pics to follow although it looks exactly the same as everyone else's. I'm contemplating trading the car on a 2017 so I'll see what the dealer has to say.
  11. J

OK it worked. Turns out my mac had unzipped the files in a slightly strange way. Thanks Rebecca for pointing me in the right direction :)
  12. J

Time for tires

Had the Yokohama Parada Spec-X installed a couple of months ago as the OEM Hankooks had very little life left and we were in line for some snow. 64k on the Hankooks, which is pretty good. I shopped around a little and in the end the Yokohamas were such a good deal the choice was made for me...
  13. J

Buying a 2016 or 2017 (or later)?

Currently having this dilemma myself - our 2012 is to be replaced at some point this year. There seem to be a lot of 2017 Platinums out there looking for buyers, with some pretty great deals. And, having spent a while at the dealership this weekend going over the vehicle, it's a sizable step...
  14. J

Thanks for the quick response, Rebecca - sent you a PM with screenshot etc to avoid cluttering this thread. Cheers!
  15. J

Slightly behind the curve but I finally got around to trying this upgrade today. Got a "Bad Installation File" error message. Tried again with a new download, new memory stick, and got the same error. Very grateful for any suggestions!
  16. J

What / where is my CCM?

So having fixed my reversing camera (see other thread) I'm now keen to do the same for my collision warning sensors. Symptoms are a "Collision Sensor Unavailable" warning anything from 5 minutes to an hour after starting to drive. Active cruise control is then no longer available. Dealer...
  17. J

Rearview Camera Problems

Update: Had a voicemail on Thursday morning from my CSM, called back and left her a voicemail, nothing since. Collected the car Thurs evening, invoiced an hour's diag time to remove / replace rear panel and determine "camera connector corroded". Following the instructions earlier in this...
  18. J

Rearview Camera Problems

Hey y'all Haven't posted for a while, mainly because my 2012 Explorer has been behaving itself. Until recently. Got the dreaded "camera unavailable please contact your dealer" message a few weeks ago, first intermittently now permanently. Battery disconnect fixed it briefly. Dealer...
  19. J

2011 Ford Explorer Transmission Problems?

Thanks for the responses. To clarify: - more of a bump than a flare. Most evident on after coasting from around 40 to around 20, and then accelerating again. - I didn't have to pay, I have a maintenance plan so servicing etc is FOC. I only noticed when I had a look at the paperwork after I...
  20. J

2011 Ford Explorer Transmission Problems?

Keeping this in the 'transmission' thread rather than starting a new one: Just had my 2012 serviced - 24,654 miles since 09/12. I'd experienced slight transmission bump on a few occasions but had not mentioned this to the dealer (yet). I notice on the paperwork from today's service that...
  21. J

No Satellite Reception

A related question ... Last night we brought our Explorer on the Auto Train from Lorton, VA to Sanford, FL. But the Nav has spent the whole day still thinking we're in VA, and hasn't managed to reacquire a GPS fix. Is there a way to force it to do this? Cheers!
  22. J

Recall???

Anyone know / able to find out what range of manufacture dates this recall affects? I'm compiling a shopping list of TSB's to get done in one dealer visit - already got tin roof drum and weird tailgate behaviour to sort.
  23. J

U-Haul not renting trailers to 5th gen Explorers?

Nope, hire as in rent. I'm sure I'll figure out a solution (that doesn't involve $$$ to rent a tow vehicle) but it's a pain in the @ss. All down to U-Haul's lawyers, apparently. Peter, you're right, it's been discussed before - found the old threads here and here. Apols for dragging up...
  24. J

Penske won't rent me a trailer unless I hire the tow vehicle as well :mad:
  25. J

I need to transport my Charger out to my bodywork guy in WV. First thought was to rent a car trailer from U-Haul but a bit of googling tells me they won't rent if the tow vehicle is an Explorer - even a 5th Gen. ??!! Hopefully Penske won't be so ridiculous ... :roll:
Back