Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Comment by 'Tango51' in media 'First Ford Explorer'

I love that truck. Mine is '94 EB and I love it . Same color scheme, same original rims... :chug:
  2. T

Back at it again...

Back at it again...
  3. T

94 Eddie; Carbon from exhaust; carbon fouled plugs...

Haha! I like that one! Thanks arco777. This particular event happened all of a sudden. I didn't read any codes because I inadvertently packed my code reader in my household goods that are headed to Germany and I was too impatient read doonze's tutorial. I was short on time and thought for sure...
  4. T

Replaced both O2 sensors. No Go. I'm out of time and don't know what to do. I have to have this vehicle out of this garage by noon tomorrow. In the morning I'm going to have a tow truck pick her up and drag her over to the Auto Skills Center here on Fort Benning where she can sit until I get...
  5. T

Just joined the club - need a bit of help

Haha! Sorry...I meant don't worry about people asking you if it is noisy...lol. I think that exhaust fumes are definitely something to worry about in general, but I agree with bobflood, in your situation it's not an issue. Replace that pipe when you can, but it's not an emergency....
  6. T

Don't worry about it, if the hole is after the muffler it isn't going to be noisy because the noise has already been muffled...just sayin.
  7. T

Turn Key = Click. Now What?

Here's a quick pic of the other end of your negative battery cable. Passenger side, just below the exhaust manifold. Hope this helps... http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/johnhpanowich/7308548118/
  8. T

Turn Key = Click. Now What?

I agree with arco777 and JDraper. My '94 did the same thing. Original OEM cable. I replaced both positive and negative cables with new ones from RockAuto and I was good to go. I also had the same problem with the ground wire. I ended up removing the front wheel and inside fender well on the...
  9. T

Last entry for tonight. I got the new Duralast ECT Sensor installed with no leaks. I used teflon tape on the threads. Started her up. Same story, although I knew that would happen. She did run better for longer though. Vacuum roughly at 15 and jumping up and down. Ran a lot smoother than earlier...
  10. T

Just went and looked at my reservoir. Yep, that where it goes...you got 36 minutes to get to Autozone...haha!
  11. T

Not too smart on anything but first gens but welcome to the forums!
  12. T

Ok, I removed the throttle body in order to get to the ECT Sensor and drained some coolant so I could remove it. I connected my probes to the terminals according to the Chilton manual and ran it under cold water in the shop sink. It did just what it was supposed to. Temperature goes down...
  13. T

Well, ECT sensor is a PITA. Can't get to it with my probes as it sits and looks like I have to replace engine coolant if I remove it. Still haven't located my O2 sensor yet. Apparently I need a special wrench to remove it. Today is my day to learn how operate a multi-meter...
  14. T

Ahhh....closed loop electronically. So the ECM needs input from both of these sensors in order to go closed loop and do it's thing. ECM gets bad poop from the sensors, it tries to compensate. Cool, I think I got it. I have to run and take care of some business but when I get back I will test...
  15. T

Comment by 'Tango51' in media ''

Holy Crap!
  16. T

Closed loop...what does that mean? Using exhaust gas recirculation with minimal outside air? Thank you Turdle...
  17. T

I found and article on oldfuelinjection.com that talks about testing the EVR. I guess that would let me know if that part is doing what it is supposed to, but I don't know enough bough the EGR system to understand how it could cause my problem(s).
  18. T

Wow you are sharp. I think we may be in the ballpark. IAC was gummed up inside but the piston moved great. I replaced the IAC and she started up perfect , engine vacuum at 20. Then, when it got to the point where you say the IAC takes over is where it started to get wonky again. Engine starts...
  19. T

Haha! Well, you're quite welcome Brother. That's a lot more experience then I have. That's why I'm here. My wife bought this truck for me in 2004 when I returned home from my 2nd tour in Iraq. It was a surprise and it means a lot to me that's why I won't get rid of it. I am the 3rd owner. It was...
  20. T

Sorry, just a bit anxious because of the time I have to get this going. You are right about throwing parts at it (especially with money that I might not have) but I've just been looking at it from the stand point of just about everything is original OEM circa 1994 so replacing them while I'm in...
  21. T

Turdle, I got to thinking about your FPR suggestion and I agree that if the diaphragm was torn inside fuel would get into the manifold, but wouldn't the fuel pressure test have told me if fuel was leaking by? The other thing (that I forgot to mention) is that when I did the initial testing I...
  22. T

How about the O2 sensor? Whether a bad injector is causing it to send a lean signal to the computer or the O2 sensor itself is bad, the computer would still interpret a lean condition and put more fuel into the cylinders right? Maybe I should change the O2 sensor out first. It is also the...
  23. T

This is a short article that I found while searching the internet: Causes of Carbon Fouling: Continuous low speed driving and/or short trips (I do that but this situation occurred suddenly) Spark plug heat range too cold (I am using the manufacturer's recommended plug) Air-fuel mixture too rich...
  24. T

No fuel in the vacuum line. I disconnected the battery earlier to reset the computer so I reconnected it and fired her up. She started right up, ran good for all of about three seconds, then vacuum dropped and she went right back to acting crazy...
  25. T

Holy Quick Reply! Thank you Turdle...checking it out now.
Back