Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Xploder starts when it wants!!!!

I was begining to think the same thing, those pesky GHOSTS. lol
  2. M

Xploder starts when it wants!!!!

Heres the thing! I just bought a '92 Xplorer. It is 4.0 w/ 5 speed. The thing wouldn't start so I replaced the battery. After installing the battery I went to start it only to hear that annoying click sound as if the battery was dead. I then pull started, drive for a while and parked it in...
  3. M

EGR Valve making popping noise when engine is cold.

Mine made more of a miss sound. Like a leak. After replacing the injectors my EGR tube has some holes in it. I'm trying to find the part # for it to no avail. Let me know what you find out.
  4. M

#3 cylinder misfire

Thncks guys. I went to buy wires at O'reilly's Auto parts last night but they don't have any in stock. Plus what is the normal price to expect? They had two in the computer one for $59 the other for $129. Thancks again. Miah
  5. M

#3 cylinder misfire

Hey guys, hope you can help me get this ifgured out. The other day I was driving and my check engine light came on. I shut it off checked all fluids everything seemed fine. I finished driving home 3 miles, my check engine light flashing at this point. I then rechecked everything oil, tranny...
  6. M

mach 460 questions

I know this doesn't concern explorers but, I'm trying to hook up an aftermarket amp up to a stock '01 stang with Mach 460. Does anyone know what wires are the non-amplified signal wires. This info will be needed when hooking my in line converter up. Thanx for the help.
  7. M

sticking gauges

now that the temp has risen it doesn't seem to occur as often but once in a while it does. I took the dash apart and recentered the white gauges it seems to help. if any part of the white gauges touches the shaft to the speedo or tach they stick. You can also resolve this by trimming some of...
  8. M

Cold Air Induction

I got my induction from Mac for my 5.0 It sounds a lot cooler but my gas mileage has dropped if anything.
  9. M

sticking gauges

I seem to be having a small problem. ABout 2 months ago I installed white gauges on my "99, as of last week whenever it gets cold (let the X sit overnight) my tach and speedo stick. It's only temporary because whenever the truck warms up the gauges beginto work properly. Could this be caused...
  10. M

V-8 Exhaust Leak

www.gefracing.com Go to this site. If you run a search for headers you will mind multiple choices ceramic, or stainless, for the GT40 head. I beleive the part # for the GT40 head is M9430C50 The part # for the GT40P heads is M9430p50 Good luck finding what you want!
  11. M

'99 5.0

I installed my MAC cold air induction kit on my 5.0. Wow there is quite a difference between stock and with the kits. I'm still looking into the synthetics though.
  12. M

V-8 Exhaust Leak

65matt, I found GT40P headers. You say that it wasn't difficult to install them? How long did it take for the install?
  13. M

V-8 Exhaust Leak

how can a person find out if they have gt-40 or gt-40 p heads? Why would exhaust manifold bolts be coming loose? Thanx for the repies.
  14. M

V-8 Exhaust Leak

I have the same exhaust leak problem. I took it to the shop and the front 2 passenger side header bolts were loose. They were tightened but the problem occured again. Does anyone know the reasoning of this? And if so would it be benificial to purchase new headers?
  15. M

'99 5.0

RTStork, What kind of gains did you get when you switched to synthetic fluids? I am looking into dual exhaust through flowmaster. I purchased a cold air intake from MAC, I'm waiting for it to arrive.
  16. M

'99 5.0

I looked up superchips, looks good. I'm ordering it next week.
  17. M

'99 5.0

Thanx for the help I'll look into those items and post my results.
  18. M

'99 5.0

I've been trying to find a chip I tried Hypertech they do not make one for the '99. If the mods will be the same I shouldn't have a problem. What are the differences if any between the 98 and 99? To sum it up I would like to purchase air intake, chip, and exhaust? Company wise tha's what I'm...
  19. M

'99 5.0

I'm having trouble finding performance parts for my 5.0. Everything that I have found is for either a '98 or '00 Explorer. Does anyone have any ideas on this subject?
Back