Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Wheel slip on wet pavement, weird tire wear

I hear you on that.
  2. K

Hate.to be the bearer of bad news and definitely don't wish bad for ya, but it seems like that was my exact path. After fixing all those types of issues, then boom the engine went. I figured, hey, I've been thru the entire car, if I put in a rebuilt, I'm golden. Then boom, the tranny. Same...
  3. K

Rest in Peace? That was an old thread. That issue had been corrected, but I think since then I've changed the intake manifold, the entire engine itself, had the transmission rebuilt last year, then almost a year exactly, it went again. basic been through the entire car at least once, Radiator...
  4. K

Alternative to Transmission Rebuild

Yes, I absolutely like the way it looks. I've kept it up pretty well. A rebuild should last more than a year right? My rationale right now is that yes I save a monthly car note, but when the engine goes, all that savings goes. then when the transmission goes the next year, its all wiped out...
  5. K

Alternative to Transmission Rebuild

Hello All! Last year January, I had my 2002 EX 4x4 transmission rebuilt. Almost exactly a year later the tranny #*% the bed again!. The warranty was only for 6 months. The systems I'm getting is: Over a period of time ( A week or so) the car wouldn't go into gear (reverse or drive)...
  6. K

Remove and replace differential mount insulator bushing

Lol. I had to ride my bicycle a couple of weeks ago to pick up brake pads because they did not come with set I ordered off ebay.
  7. K

I know what you mean though. I hate to drop a couple hundred bucks on something I coukd do myself, but when I'm in the middle of it and find theres a tool or part I don't have on hand, i'm willing to pay any price! Lol
  8. K

I was just concerned about getting the old bushing out. For all I know it could be out already!
  9. K

I figured it would be an easy job as long as you had the right tools. I'm just gonna bring it to the shop to save some aggravation.
  10. K

So i"ve narrowed down the violent shaking in the 02 Eddie Bauer v8 to a differential mounting bolt and bushing. The bolt is still there whichh makes believe it must be the bushing thats bad. I ordered a new set from Ford. In the meantime I was wondering how am i going to get the old one...
  11. K

Should the Differential be able to move?

So that confirms what I suspected. I probably can't get to it until tomorrow. Would happen to know the bolt size or if its a special type of bolt?
  12. K

Okay thank you
  13. K

Wow. Ok. If sounds like the mounting bolts would be an easier fix. Thanks for the advice.
  14. K

Ok. I don't know if its the mounts yet. I thought if the bearing was bad I would be able to move the wheel. The feel tight.
  15. K

It moved with not even one pump of the floor jack. As soon as I saw movement, I figured that's not the place to lift. I crawled under and tried to move it by hand, but could move it. Its not a solid axle. I will look for the hangers. How about when I turn the wheels by hand? With each...
  16. K

Hello All- I raised the rear end of my 2002 Explorer V8 to investigate a noise I was hearing from the rear. I though it might be the rear bearings. While looking for a spot to jack both wheels at the same time, I placed the jack under the rear differential. As I began to pump the jack I...
  17. K

Anyone knows how to tap into the dome/puddle light circuit?

Ok. Thanks. I've had interior LEDS in for well over a year with problem. I guess the only time they dim is when the lights are turning. (which is so cool right!) But I will definitely keep that in mind.
  18. K

I'll try to take some tonite
  19. K

found the wire and successfully connected everything. looks great. thanks a lot.
  20. K

correction. the wire I cut was light blue with black stripe. looking for the black one now. thanks.
  21. K

Thank you. I actually cut that wire but the light didn't shut off. According to the print that should be the wire. Are you saying I will still get 12v . I didn't test it.
  22. K

What I'm trying to do is install led lighting under the running boards and in the foot wells of the Ex. My intention is for the lights to come on with the dome and puddle lights when the door is opened or unlocked with the remote. I wanted to tap into the fuse for the dome or puddle...
  23. K

Heater Control Valve 101 Please

yes, the valve does spring back. I was thinking it defaulted closed then when the engine reached temperature, if opened to provide heat. that was just a guess on my part. but you have some things to look for. thanks.
  24. K

Heater Control Valve 101 Please

ok. Yes, that's the type of info I'm looking for. So, if the valve doesn't move at all any position, then I either have no vacuum or a bad hcv? If it does move, then maybe something in the electrical? Thanks for your time
Back