Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Noise or shuddering in tranny? help

bump Anyone have an idea what this could be. Thanks
  2. 9

Noise or shuddering in tranny? help

Its been getting worse it seems before it would happen once in a while. Not sure if these two are related but this is what is happening. 1) Sometimes I put it in reverse from the parked position to back out of driveway I hear a thud or clank as soon as i put it in reverse. 2) This...
  3. 9

surging when braking? tranny or abs?

Ok changed the dif/tran oil about 30k ago. no towing and stock size tires. Could it be the tranny I have about 158k on her now.
  4. 9

surging when braking? tranny or abs?

Ok I dont mean the brakes are surging the tranny seems to jerk when coming to a stop. Any Ideas? 98 4x4 sohc. Thanks
  5. 9

stock sub 8 ohm or 4 ohm?

Any Advice Ok just put a no name 8 inch subwoofer I pirated from free speaker tube my buddy gave me. It doesnt sound as good as the stock one use to. It doesnt hit as hard maybe wrong kind? Not sure Any advice?
  6. 9

stock sub 8 ohm or 4 ohm?

Just trying to replace the stock sub. I believe i have the mach audio system what ever comes on 1998 EB 4x4's. Trying to find out if the stock sub is 4 ohm or 8 ohm so I could get a replacement aftermarket speaker. p/n of the stock speaker is F75F-18808-CC. I did a search but could not find...
  7. 9

where to buy front rotors?

maybe its just shipping weights but when i went online to autozone then kragens it was like 15lbs vs 13lbs..wierd
  8. 9

where to buy front rotors?

I see them anywhere from 35-100 bucks. I also notice that the weight is differences as well. Does this make a difference. dont need wanna pay more than 60 bucks each for them. thanks
  9. 9

front end shudders when braking

Also just looked at the inside of the tires and they are worn and cupped..the wear is not evenly worn there are dips and ridges so to speak.
  10. 9

Ok I did get the alignment bout 8 months ago. I have also machined the rotors..im thinking the shudder could be caused by warped rotors..with my heavy foot..driving it like i ride my gsxr750 i Probaly warped the rotors..the only thing i could think of it could be is worn ball joints..but the...
  11. 9

got them machined but driving agressive all the time :D ..my buddy said that he had some problems with ceramic on his truck also. Do you think if the rotors are warped that would cause the tires to wear unevenly only on the inside?
  12. 9

Ok I have changed the front inner tie rods. new tires, ceramic brake pads, shocks and also got the alignment done with the adjustable spacers. Questions is when i step on the brakes going faster than 50mph the front end shudders. This has been going on for about a month the tires in the front...
  13. 9

Did i get hosed this sunday or What?

oh really..i guess i just got hosed than from autozone..was wondering if it came with some fittings or not. oh well hopefully at the least i get to save about 140 bucks minus cost of time and gas.
  14. 9

Ordered one from radiatorbarnfor 175 shipped. Wow saved some money vs autozone 315. hopefully i could get the x back on the road tomorrow. btw any know what tranny fluid i should use.. the stuff that came out was red.
  15. 9

Sat X started leaking some coolant late night. morning was going to fix early but calling for few hrs finally found a radiator from autozone warehouse. drove 50 miles one way to get part. after getting home took out the radiator then replaced with new one. after 2.5 hrs of working on it turned...
  16. 9

Help radiator leak questions? chiltons no help

Looks like its coming from the left side when facing the front of the truck. I looked at the left hose and the right hose. None are leaking I see two small hoses which i believe to be part of the tranny coolant hoses which are located below on L-side. Can't really see the leak orgin cuz of...
  17. 9

The popping's back!

Mine went noisy only after a few months. The replacements were from autozone and they looked exactly the same as the fords. no real grease anywhere..I think im going to try and grease the **** out of them and hope the grease doesnt come leaking out of the boots
  18. 9

Chip for SOHC 4.0 worth it?

yeah but i have more fun racing them in my 5.0gt stang :D also how much was the apten dual chip? do members get a discount?
  19. 9

Mileage i usually get about 16-17mpg which is about 300mile/tank.
  20. 9

Well the reason I want a dual chip is that my x is used for work and back also take it 4-5hr trips to the sierras so I would want to save some money on gas. Spindle- racing ricers I would not waste my time with that. So where the heck is the computer code? is it right under the kick panel...
  21. 9

cool thanks..
  22. 9

Just thinking of getting a chip. But have a few questions on ppl who have used them in the SOHC 4.0. I have Eddie Bauer 4x4 with dual flowmaster exhaust and k&n drop in filter with modded air box. Am I really going to notice more power whats the real world hp gain either it be apten diablo hyper...
  23. 9

How restricting is the stock SOHC air intake?

well i did notice a difference when i dropped in the kn filter and removed that plastic pea shooter that attached to the airbox. it was a little smoother. Im wondering if a conical filter and larger diameter air hose would make a noticable difference
  24. 9

How restricting is the stock SOHC air intake?

Right now I have the drop in k&n filter with the hole enlarged on the airbox. Just wondering if its worth it to change over to one of these that come with the metal or plastic intake hose. The reason I asked is that we just put one on a 03 jeep wrangler a k&n FIPK and it made a big difference...
  25. 9

going to do brake job. Ceramic pad OK?

hmm might just have to hold out on the brake job for now. dont wanna put something that will cause rotor damage. I am currently running the raybestos sure stop semi-metallic pads and they work good enough but just getting a slight squeak on them. I think i should pull the calipers again and...
Back