Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Heater issues

Got an update. Decided to take it to a repair shop. I just don't have the time to troubleshoot it right now. I let it run for a bit to make certain it wouldn't overheat. When I put the vehicle in drive and took off I heard what sounded like a rush of water through a drain. I assume there was an...
  2. O

Heater issues

It does have rear heat and it also does not work. I know the blend door needs replaced and I'll get on that this week once I order it from Silver State Ford Parts.
  3. O

Heater issues

OK gents, help me out here. My 2010 Explorer blew a small coolant hose. It was the smallest one coming from the top of the thermostat housing. I got the hose from a ford dealer, which was impossible to find after market, and installed it. Vehicle does not over heat, temp holds steady and it...
  4. O

Transmission?

Repair shop owner mentioned that being an issue with Explorers as well. He said he checked the AC drain and it did not appear to be draining onto the connector.
  5. O

Transmission?

Are videos permitted to upload? I have two so far to show what this thing is doing.
  6. O

Transmission?

OK. I'll swing by the repair shop and see if the shifter assembly needs adjusted. It happened again today to my wife after picking our daughter up at school. This time it was while moving. She was in the line to leave the school and not traveling very fast. The school resource officer stops...
  7. O

Transmission?

V6. It happened to me after a complete stop. Twice happened to my wife and I'm not certain on the stop
  8. O

Transmission?

I posted over the summer about my transmission having issues. Long story short, I had to have the transmission rebuilt. It actually shifts better now than it did when I got it. But I'm having some other issues. I hope someone can give me some advice. There are intermittent times when you are...
  9. O

Transmission?

I've been told the transmission has internal issues and will need a rebuild. $2400 in addition to the $1500 or so I'm already in for.
  10. O

Transmission?

Reader provided a code of p1717 which indicated issues with the solenoid shift pack so that has been replaced. He first used a rebuilt one and that's when he had the starting from 4th gear and downshifting to 1st only when you get to 10 MPH issue. He sent the refmanufactured one back and got a...
  11. O

Transmission?

I believe the correct term is the front wheel hub assembly. Wheel bearing is inside it and I believe that is what went out.
  12. O

Transmission?

Sorry. Code was p1717 for the solenoid assembly issue.
  13. O

Transmission?

Recently I drove my 2010 Explorer XLT to work and the ABS light, the RSC light and a wrench lit up on the dash. Then my message center read "SERVICE RSC NOW." From a previous experience I knew this would be a wheel assembly. I made it to work and went back out later to move the vehicle and it...
  14. O

Changing Blend Door Actuator in 2006 Explorer

I never removed the dash on either of my models, one was a 2006 XLT. I removed the trim piece right under the temperature controls and was able to wiggle my arms through.
  15. O

Explorer speaker dimensions?

I should have updated my info. I have a 2010 now. I traded in my 2006 for this. I found a single owner with low miles and I jumped on it since this is the last model year they made in this body style. I'm going to have this for a few years so I might as well modify it and make it work for us for...
  16. O

Thanks for the info. I've never heard BOSE auto speakers. I have BOSE in my home and they are awesome. Another question, is there a spot good for speakers in the rear portion of an Explorer with third row seats? When we do road trips, my kids in the 3rd row complain about not being able to hear...
  17. O

Anyone know if I can get a set of Bose automotive speakers for my 2010 Explorer XLT?
  18. O

Remote start on 2006 XLT Explorer

I recently had my remote start replaced in my '06 Explorer. The old one, an after market model, had been installed prior to me owning the vehicle. About two years ago my door locks began cycling every 15 to 20 seconds. So needless to say, I was unable to lock my vehicle and my battery would run...
  19. O

I feel your pain. I'm a big Cleveland Browns Fan and it looks like we may not re-sign Phil Dawson.
  20. O

Thanks for all the help! By your avatar I see you are a Bruins fan, condolences on the trade of Tim Thomas. A guy I work with is a huge Bruins fan and he's taking it pretty hard.
  21. O

Well, the new blend door actuator is in and I have heat!!! Of course my my 13 year old daughter asked me why I waited until it was 60 degrees out to fix the heat. Gotta love a supportive teenager. It took me about an hour. I did remove the trim piece and metal bar right under the steering...
  22. O

Well, the blend door actuator...she finally crapped out and of course Ohio is now in the midst of a winter storm watch. It's going to be 8 degrees tonight! Luckily my Explorer has rear seat heating too so I crank that up and let the thing run for a while. It's not the best solution but it's a...
  23. O

Door locks constantly cycling

Great. Not what I wanted to hear. I wonder if I can order the part through Silver State Ford Parts, have the dealer code it and install it myself?
  24. O

Door locks constantly cycling

I have a 2006 XLT Explorer. The door locks are constantly cycling/unlocking and by constantly I mean every 15 to 20 seconds. Regardless if I lock the vehicle with the key fob or from the vehicle automatic lock button they will unlock. I have to start my vehicle numerous times during the day to...
  25. O

I've been looking through them. I've not started on that yet. I'm having issues with the door locking mechanisms cycling constantly which is burning up door lock actuators and killing my battery. The locks literally cycle every thirty seconds or so and I have to start the truck a couple of times...
Back