Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

Bottom Door Edge Issue??

Bad news. When I was cleaning the stuff out of the ex to get traded in tomorrow I found the reciept. I saw that all that is listed is paint on both doors, and it was farmed out somewhere else. So it is not my imagination to see wear again. It does help me care less that it is going away, I...
  2. U

Bottom Door Edge Issue??

Mine was covered under warranty. I hope they take as good of care of you. I have no idea honestly. I do know it got repainted, and they had it four days. They may have adjusted the rocker itself. Won't matter to me, I am on my way to the dealer to trade in as soon as they meet my...
  3. U

Bottom Door Edge Issue??

I totally forgot to report back. My ex has been in the body shop all week. Dealer took pictures last week to get approval...less than 15 minutes after I left Ford had approved the work. He had an interesting comment. It was both doors on the drivers side...he was blaming the rocker panel...
  4. U

MFT with iphone4s

While I would love a siri button...I can live. I just want to point out you are stretching the truth pretty hard by implying all other phones have the MAP profile.
  5. U

2013 Limited versus 2013 XLT

And you pointed out that the limited upgrades weren't worth the money to you. Someone else could make the same statement on base vs. XLT...maybe even you. He was being helpful ;)
  6. U

Bottom Door Edge Issue??

Much appreciated. I'll let you know if my current dealer I work with isn't helpful. Just an FYI-they simply said they need to see it and document to get approval to fix. I have my fingers crossed, can't get there for a few days.
  7. U

Bottom Door Edge Issue??

Part of my problem is I am incredibly busy lately. I own a new car every few years so I never have to deal with problems. It's very common to not wash my car for a couple months. BAD combo for winter with all the salt we get in MN. Last winter was very, very mild...if we get a lot of snow...
  8. U

Bottom Door Edge Issue??

Nice of them. How many times will they repaint it? The root cause needs to be fixed.
  9. U

Bottom Door Edge Issue??

A couple pictures: Yes, you can see the rust...I wiped the door with a wet rag prior to the picture. I was hoping it was dirt.
  10. U

Bottom Door Edge Issue??

This one might be a deal killer for me. Yesterday, I opened my door after dropping my daughter off. I got a text so I sat in the driver's seat and read/replied. I happened to look at something that MUST have been there and getting worse since day one. At the very bottom of my door, the...
  11. U

tearing out my POS ford remote starter

I am the first I know of to get the ford one added to an XLT (with new keys that had the 4th button). It's been flawless, and range is great.
  12. U

I'm furious at my dealer, words cannot express it!

I have. My wrangler had a crappy cowl design where leaves would clog it and overflow to the passenger floor. Doesn't help you, but it happens. I got nowhere near the runaround you have gotten from a dealer though. It's really too bad for Ford that they have dealers like that.
  13. U

What is the best cell phone for MFT?

Well, I am learning there are a few phones finally. Thanks guys. WP7 was JUST coming out when I got my explorer...never considered it.
  14. U

Are you all saying the phones above worked fully, or the limited fumctionality worked well? My iphone works great, with the exception of no messaging. My torch2 works as advertised, with messaging.
  15. U

Tailgate / Liftgate Alignment

I just had a 2013 rental that had parts lined up worse than my 2011...I don't think it's going to go away. My dash to door transition is off, but evenly off so it looks right. The 2013 had one perfect and one way off...I'll take my flaws that appear normal :)
  16. U

The best would have the MAP (for texting) BT profile. This means no iphone, no android. A couple of the newer BB phones work but mostly dumb or feature phones.
  17. U

2013 Limited versus 2013 XLT

Ugh...that almost tips me over the edge on trading in my 2011. If they have multipoint BT finally, I am getting one.
  18. U

My 2013 Boosted Blue Limited Explorer

I have that things twin this week in an ecoboost xlt. Nice when you know where everything on a rental is :)
  19. U

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

My 2008 had less HP and WAY less torque. It's not zippy, but it's drivable.
  20. U

The Green Gem is back from the body shop...

Awesome color too-wish they had that in 2011 :)
  21. U

Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!!

My opinion, you weren't when the TSB was released. Not everyone searches for these constantly. Personally, I missed it for many months because I didn't have much play time on the internet.
  22. U

12 Months, 18K is the warranty from what I was told.
  23. U

Do I have Navigation System?

Yea...get a $100 garmin and mount that 4 inch screen right next to the pretty 8.4 inch screen... I personally think the dealer was a bit misleading, AND the OP should have actually tested something like that to see how (and if) it works.
  24. U

Got mine fixed Tuesday...and today was the perfect test, rain last night. Now mine has the grind. It didn't until it got wet. Anyone else start squeaking again? I'm personally not replacing brakes each year after Ford says it's no longer their problem. We can't expect them to replace...
  25. U

Oozing with frustration

They know nothing about the different types of foams available. That part is obvious. The SA comments...are they saying "sorry, it wasn't us"? If so, STOP talking to them immediately. Wait to see what Cory comes up with. Document everything.
Back