Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. TSTONE

Radio keeps changing bands on own?

which switch and where would i check the connector? Thanx T
  2. TSTONE

Radio keeps changing bands on own?

I have a 1997 Mountaineer with a JBL sound system - recently the radio has started band jumping on its own. cycling from fm1 to fm2 to am again and again Has anyone else had this happen and know where the problem lie? Thanks T
  3. TSTONE

1999 Ranger clutch adjustments

the only bleeding that has been done is the clutch master cylinder how do you bleed the slave valve
  4. TSTONE

thanx for the input - i did find a different bleeding procedure on here that i'm going to try but any other advise would surely be appreciated
  5. TSTONE

I'm posting for a friend - he replaced the clutch (using a kit - plate/disc/bearing - complete) on a 99 2wd ford ranger (using aftermarket clutch) all went well, about 1 month later the vehicle is hard to shift into initial gear, the clutch pedal relases very quickly and has to go all the way to...
  6. TSTONE

HELP - crank no start

bad pump - thanx all
  7. TSTONE

HELP - crank no start

question - when the PATS kicks in - does it cut off fuel or spark or both?
  8. TSTONE

HELP - crank no start

wasn't me that emailed you cel comes on I don't appear to have fuel pressure at rail and do not hear the pump intermitantly after long cranking the theft light comes on but that may be normal checked all relays and they are clicking - also reswapped around and they are still clicking
  9. TSTONE

HELP - crank no start

thanx i'll check that too
  10. TSTONE

HELP - crank no start

i can't remember is there a fuel cutoff switch on the 97's
  11. TSTONE

HELP - crank no start

thats all the can could hold
  12. TSTONE

HELP - crank no start

1997 5.0 mountaineer thought i ran it out of gas, so i put in 5 gallons but it won't restart just cranks checked fuses swapped relays tried ether no luck any ideas???
  13. TSTONE

How many of you got Mustangs?

Part 2 Yep
  14. TSTONE

How many of you got Mustangs?

new ride Thought I might kickstart this old thread with pics on my new ride.
  15. TSTONE

Power Cable for Radar Detector

On my 93 - I ran it to the glove box hot wire - used it that for 6 years until I sold the truck. On my 97 - I ran it to the rearview mirror hot wire - been using it that way now for 6 years - still works.
  16. TSTONE

idiotic question <sorry>... bearing and shake...

Here's something to try - If I remember correctly - the hubs are not specific to each side - try swapping sides and see if the noise changes side?
  17. TSTONE

idiotic question <sorry>... bearing and shake...

If its a 4wd truck - most likely is an autohub thats stuck in the partially locked position. try going to a parking lot and doing some hard figure 8's - first locked then unlocked it'll hopefully end up making a horrid clunk bang noise then release.
  18. TSTONE

swiss cheese mod and gas mileage

I did the swiss cheese mod yesterday and replaced my filter with the K&N panel type. I was careful not to get on it anymore than normal, or change my driving habits. It seems like I'm suddenly using alot more fuel. Do I need to reset my computer like I did with my 93?
  19. TSTONE

Help Please - part number - defogger switch?

Can someone please help me out with a part number for my 1997 rear defogger switch? Thanx Todd
  20. TSTONE

Rear window defroster

Thanx i'll check that
  21. TSTONE

Rear window defroster

thanx - where would I find that?
  22. TSTONE

Rear window defroster

Rear window defroster switch is not lighting up and rear defroster is inop. I have checked all fuses (OK), I have checked for power at rear grid (NONE). Before I start to pull my dash apart - has someone else had this problem and found the fix? Thanx tstone
  23. TSTONE

92 Ex EB Battery Issue

Try replacing your fuel pump relay - its a pretty common problem on 1st gen X's. Although going months without starting a vehicle can kill the best of batteries.
Back