Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

2018 Explorer 3.5L 6 missing exhaust manifold bolts

They did not replace the cat converter(s), just the bolts and gaskets for the manifolds. It was covered under my extended Premium Care Warranty so I just paid the deductible of $100. No tell what they billed the warranty.
  2. H

Thank you. I feel a lot better about it now. Thanks again for your reply.
  3. H

I noticed bolts missing from both the Front and Rear exhaust manifold. Not broken, just missing. Took vehicle to Ford and they said they would repair. It is under extended warranty. Had the repair done. The service invoice parts list says they used 2 gaskets, 12 bolts and 12 nuts and washers...
  4. H

12/08/2020-20N11-Warranty Extension-ROOF RACK TRIM DETACHMENT

Fixed mine after reading a post somewhere else about how another owner fixed their rack covers - PERMANATELY. Two self tapping screws with attached washer plates solved the problem and can not really be seen. Not a cosmetic eyesore. I predrilled a smaller hole just to make sure I was going...
  5. H

Leaking Motor Mount

Passenger side motor mount leaking oil all over the frame and dripping in the garage. It is covered under the ESP Premium Care warranty BUT my local Ford service department has 123 on back order. I was told there are over 5600 on backorder nationwide. Sounds like there is a definite problem...
  6. H

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

OH..... I thought I read differently. Good to know. Thx.
  7. H

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

2018 Explorer XLT with 23,700 miles. Water pump started leaking. Noticed water under car in the garage and a slight drop in the coolant level in the overflow tank. Took to dealer, diagnosed and found problem to be the water pump. Fortunately is appears that the leak was discovered early...
  8. H

Column shifter rubber boot replacement

Great writeup! Saved me a lot of time replacing the boot. Also gave me a chance to renew the lithium grease on the shift lever pivot points. THANKS A BUNCH! (Ford got me for $35 for a replacement boot, but not for any labor!)
  9. H

ABS Light? - 02 Explorer Limited

Fortunately, mine was covered under extended warranty so I can not tell you what it cost. However, I would be interested in what they charge you. Sorry I could not be of better assistance. hml
  10. H

Finally gave in and had Ford look into the problem. Took it to the dealer where I bought the car. Much better service department then the local dealer. Bottom line, they replaced the ABS control unit. So far no more ABS light. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.
  11. H

Had codes pulled today. Now there is a C1730 "reference voltage out of range". Mechanic says it may be the ABS control unit, or a bad or corroded connector on the unit. There was also a code referencing the ECU (B something) and he said that one could cause the other to show a fault...
  12. H

You are probably right! I was told that the yaw/acceleration sensor is only installed on vehicles with Advance Trac (IVD). I confirmed that this morning on my 04 Explr XLT. The wiring harness is present for the sensor under the center console, but it is not connected to anything. Back...
  13. H

FYI - My ABS light has been coming on and off at random times also. Explr just passed 100K miles so Ford will not fix the problem under ESP warranty even though the problem started before the 100K mark. They did read the code and it was, I believe, C1280, which points to a Yaw Acceleration...
  14. H

Grinding noise, rear axle?

It is the exact same response I got from a previous email to Ford CRC about the same problem last time. So I am sure it is some type of automated response. Yes, it is covered under the 12mo/12K mile warranty, and believe me I will be listening for any noise from that rear end at about 10K...
  15. H

Grinding noise, rear axle?

This might help. Text of letter sent to Ford Customer Relationship Center 4-7-09 regarding the rear end on my 2004 Explorer XLT with 93K miles......... Took my Explorer in for service today and was informed that the Rear End is in need of a rebuild, again. They apparently heard the howl...
  16. H

Noise in back/side of explorer

It is the door actuator for the direction of the rear air. Try turning the rear air temp control from cool to hot and see if it goes away. I had to have the unit replaced because it was doing the same thing. Sounds like the gears are stripped.
  17. H

Need Help Diagnosing Whine from Rear End

Text of letter sent to Ford Customer Relationship Center 4-7-09 regarding the rear end on my 2004 Explorer XLT with 93K miles......... Took my Explorer in for service today and was informed that the Rear End is in need of a rebuild, again. They apparently heard the howl again from the rear...
  18. H

1998 xlt rear end shutter...couple quick questions

Picked up Exploder from dealer today. They replaced the Clutch Pack for the 3rd time. The last time was 11000 miles ago so it fell under the 12mo/12K mile warranty. With 30K left on the ESP warranty you can be sure I will be taking it back whenever I notice anything strange in that rear end...
  19. H

Has anyone been sucessful in getting Ford to do anything other than throw the same defective parts at the problem and wait for it to happen again?
  20. H

Rear End Whistle!!!

Very well know problem. Check for Ford TSB notices.
  21. H

1998 xlt rear end shutter...couple quick questions

See Fords TSB 06-2-16. Mine is in for the 5th time.
  22. H

My '04 is in for its 5th rebuild of the rear end. The previous 4 were for the whine problem and todays is for binding during slow turns. They say it is the clutch pack. It too has been replaced at least 2 other times. Really disappointed in their ability to repair this. Many reports on...
Back