Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

700r4 to 4.0 kit

They got back to me and they don't make it anymore, crap.
  2. S

700r4 to 4.0 kit

New Page 4 Found an adapter kit for the 2.8 700r4 to 4.0, I have emailed for price and avalability and will post it when I hear back.
  3. S

is it worth it?

Found a new kit, 700r4 to 4.0. New Page 4 I have sent an email to get pricing on the kit, I will post it when they get back to me.
  4. S

getting ready for cross country trek: need advice on improving gas mpg Plus

Replace MAF sensor, full tune include wires? Ditch the airbox and run a KKM, replace stock restrictive muffler with a cheap turbo muffler. I did this on my 94 and it went to 19 mpg hwy on the trip from MN to OH to WV to Moab, took 3 tanks of gas to get it to 19. And it will run great.
  5. S

Junk shift motor

Anyone willing to part with a junk BW1354 shift motor? I'm inventing and will gladly pay shipping and a case of good beer........ ;-) No junkyards anywhere near me, bummer.
  6. S

is it worth it?

I just looked and it appears that Advance Adapters no longer stocks the 700R4 kit.
  7. S

Colorado Color Run 09/2018

I see the trails run the gamut of classes, I'm going to be putting a rig together spring summer 2018. I'm not that experienced as far as knowing what trail class is what, but I have gone over Elephant hill at Moab in 2011, where does that fall in trail classes? That way I can plan my rig as I...
  8. S

Looking at a 2000 Explorer

I had a 2000 AWD and I drove the hell out of it in Minnesota, mud,snow didn't matter . it was a beast.
  9. S

It died on me..

For some reason every time someone came in the shop with a bad fuel pump,it was right after they filled up. They pull away and with in an hour they are getting towed in, I did dozens of fuel pumps with full tanks of gas. Go figure.
  10. S

98 Explorer 5.0 AWD $650 repair Bill - Not a pulley - harmonic sound?

I was a dealer mechanic in upstate NY, that is a real bear to work on because of the rust. It takes so much longer to do anything then it did when I moved to Virginia, what a pita. Everything is rusted solid and either breaks or you end up with the torch to loosen it up. Ugh.
  11. S

wheeling around Marysville ca all alone

I am in Brookings OR so a ways north of you. Hundreds of miles of forest service road to run.
  12. S

does anyone ever put there spare on?

Sold the old girl last October and the cable still looked good after 7 years in Minnesota.
  13. S

91 Ex 2wd only getting around 14mpg ... lots of new parts help !!

I agree,heck I got 17mpg in my 2000 5.0 AWD if I didn't horse it. Man I miss that thing.:(
  14. S

91 Ex 2wd only getting around 14mpg ... lots of new parts help !!

I drive my 94 about 4000 miles a year so we piled in and drove the old girl about 400 miles straight....18.6 mpg at 60mph tops as my tires are square. A lot of back roads also. That's a 4x4 auto,3.73 rear with manual hubs and 156,000 miles.
  15. S

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Unhappy news.......we have to say we can't make it after all. Very frustrating to say the least,we just can't make the money end work without going in the hole. Sorry guys,hopefully next year.:(
  16. S

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Gonna be around sunday,can at least take pics and video of the big dogs,that will be fun to watch.:D
  17. S

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Elephant hill sounds like a plan,would love to take the wife(see flag above)over it. I had a blast on 09 doing it.:D
  18. S

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

As will we.:D
  19. S

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Been wanting to get a bumper from him but I have a front hitch,don't know if it will fit. I will take a look at yours and do some measuring when we get there,might have to get rid of the hitch.:D
  20. S

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Sure they will,my 94 is dead stock and I spent 5 days there in 2009.My big claim to fame is bouncing over Elephant Hill,rated a 5 out of 10 on p-rated 235/75/15's. The only thing different this year will be 31's on it,completely stock otherwise......c'mon down.:D
  21. S

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

There will be 2 of us,I'm bringing the British chick with me. Can't wait to see what her reaction is to all of this.:D
  22. S

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Just remember fellas,all you guys like me with stock vehicles can do class 5 trails with little chance of damage as long as you go light on the skinny pedal. Been there and done it.
  23. S

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

I'll be stock with 31's and a rear LS,although I have my doubts on the condition of the clutch pack after 18 years,I will check it out and just maybe get a chance to refresh it. Using Red Rocks rating system anything up to a 5 for me.:D
  24. S

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Email me and I will give you my phone # just in case something on your end goes wrong,hate to see you stranded with the little one.:D
  25. S

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

I just picked up a new upper and lower balljoint,L&R tierod ends,upper and lower rad hoses for spares from rockauto.....$61 shipped,cheap enough. All of my ujoints,bearings,tranny,etc are less then 5 years old but the balljoints and what not are 94 vintage.:D
Back