Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4pointslow

supercharged 5.0 true fire 98 explorer sport

Evil is going to look even more..... Evil! I can't wait to see it when it is done!
  2. 4pointslow

Odd Electrical Issues

This post was moved here from another thread for the same vehicle, so it doesn't seem to make sense. In the other post it was stated that lights were staying on and the liftgate would not open from any input, which makes it hard to diagnose or fix. This video below is an example of a way to open...
  3. 4pointslow

To the mod community

Changing out the wheels might help make it look less of a police cruiser, if you have those black steel wheels with chrome center caps. Of course, then you would have to do without the strength of those wheels, which I heard can withstand a pretty hard impact and not break. One day I was coming...
  4. 4pointslow

To the mod community

I got this hood scoop from Ebay. Its an aftermarket, Mopar look a like, bolt on fiberglass hood. It covered up a hole in a junkyard hood that I cut to clear a Ford Lightning supercharger I had on there for a while. When I installed the GT500 supercharger I was able to put my stock hood back on...
  5. 4pointslow

My 2000 XLT Explorer 4 Door

Today I had the day off and I drove to a nearby park and took a walk. When I arrived back at my truck it would not start, it would not crank over at all. The theft light was out so I knew it wasn't a PATS problem. Battery voltage seemed to be there as everything else worked and I made sure it...
  6. 4pointslow

Check for vacuum leaks.
  7. 4pointslow

If I remember correctly, the pins are different. I cut my old ev1 connectors off and soldered on the new ev6's. They make adaptors, but I'm sure they will cause problems down the road when they come loose or something to that effect. I would not use them unless your injector connectors are easy...
  8. 4pointslow

Looks easy to get to now! LOL. Great idea that might help working on this to be a little easier. Why do you think the headers keep cracking?
  9. 4pointslow

Yesterday (6/17/2023) I installed a front differential pinion seal. (Mileage 147,643) This had been leaking for quite some time, and I had topped off the fluid once to keep it from self destructing . I used this factory pinion seal installer and it worked flawlessly. I obtained this tool when...
  10. 4pointslow

P0401 - Replaced Entire EGR System

Wait, something isnt right. You said you have an integrated DPFE sensor. If you do then it also has an integrated EGR solenoid.(but it is listed separately on your list of parts) Can you take a picture of the egr valve and post it here to eliminate any confusion. I will try to help as best as I can.
  11. 4pointslow

I have seen the third to the last possible causes (hoses reversed) that caused a P0401 that was hard to diagnose because all parts were new. When a situation like happens you fall back on what could have gone wrong. If the hoses are installed backwards the voltage will go down towards 0 instead...
  12. 4pointslow

This is the first pinpoint test for P0401 below. Is this the only code you have now? Do you have a scan tool that will allow you to do a key on engine running test?
  13. 4pointslow

According to Fords Service Information for P0401 for a 2010 Explorer, these are the possible causes.
  14. 4pointslow

My 2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 Supercab

Current mileage on my 2001 Ranger. Only driving it about once a week at the moment.
  15. 4pointslow

No fuel no spark

Does the anitheft light go out when you turn the key on engine off? Also check your grounds, like the ones near the battery at the radiator support and the ones by the PCM.
  16. 4pointslow

Spray some penetrating lubricant through the holes in the frame before removing the two bolts on each side for these frame mount bushings. That has always saved me from headaches of stripped/damaged threads.
  17. 4pointslow

3/29/2023 Since I got this truck, it has had a rattle in the front end when going over bumps. I had previously determined that it was the sway bar frame mount bushings. They come in different sizes so last weekend I measured the sway bar, and it was 34mm. I ordered the bushings last Saturday and...
  18. 4pointslow

Pretty soon, you won't be able to see the wiper blades. Next year is going to be a great year!
  19. 4pointslow

Today (9/16/2022), I installed the aluminum thermostat (Simons Autosports) that I had on my old blue Explorer, on this 2000 Explorer. It has a 180-degree thermostat in it, factory is 195 but I have had better luck with the lower temperature ones (less leaks etc), and the heat still works fine in...
  20. 4pointslow

Make sure the battery is disconnected when doing continuity testing on your grounds, not isolating circuits when testing with an ohmmeter will cause incorrect readings. For example, I had a training vehicle setup for my students with an AC concern. One of the tests they did was a continuity...
  21. 4pointslow

Maybe the MAP and IAT and wired backwards, like each one is plugged into each other's connector?
  22. 4pointslow

Steering wheel upgrade for second gen Explorers?

I keep a bunch of 2.2 ohm resistors in my tool box at work for diagnostics on air bag systems. They come in handy to test if a clockspring or other wiring is bad or the air bag in the steering wheel it self has failed. I work on all makes and models. Nissans have become an annoyance to me...
  23. 4pointslow

Steering wheel upgrade for second gen Explorers?

Personally, I would not use a different airbag other than the one that came with my vehicle or its direct replacement from same year, make or model. Also, there are recalls so you would not want an air bag in your vehicle that should have been recalled due to defect. The sensors plug into the...
Back