Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 01slvrsprt

6cd stereo has no cds says their full then error.

I have a 01 with the pioneer 6 disc and my cd player no longer works either. Stopped working about 3 years ago. I heard from alot of people that the oem 6 discs are known for it. Sorry to give you the bad news
  2. 01slvrsprt

Replacing Leaf Springs

Thanks guys!
  3. 01slvrsprt

Replacing Leaf Springs

Need someone to point me in the right direction for replacing my leaf springs. I have a BL on my 01 X Sport. It has 175K on it and the rear end is sagging so they need to be replaced. Just looking for OEM. Im worried that if I install the leaf srings that lift it higher, ill have to turn my rear...
  4. 01slvrsprt

Body Panel Vendors.......?

Thanks for the link, they have just what I am looking for. But, I took a closer look and the bottom of the quater panel is rusted out as well, running next to the rocker. They didnt have that. Any ideas where I can get what I need to fix that? Havent found anything on the net, yet...
  5. 01slvrsprt

I saw that. Look at the years for that piece though. It says its for 95-00. The body style on the sport did change in 01
  6. 01slvrsprt

It looks like the rockers they have for the 2-door (sport) skip '01. Im guessing though that I can buy the rockers for the 4 door and just cut it to size, right?
  7. 01slvrsprt

Im going to be replacing the rockers on both sides of my '01 sport, but have'nt found a place to get new ones at yet. Any suggestions?
  8. 01slvrsprt

3"BL plus 4" SL

Ive already got a 3" BL, 1.5" TT and schackles with 33's on my 01 explorer sport. I want more. Is suspension lift the only way to go at this point? Has anyone here ever had a BL and a SL on thier X? Any advice people?
  9. 01slvrsprt

Just purchased Explorer...brake lights do not work!!!

thats what happened with mine. I went to the bone yard and grabbed one, the clips in mine were all broken, and that took care of the issue. To anyone else with this problem, just like michaelK said, check the clip that plugs into the multifunction switch. Thats where the wires popped out on...
  10. 01slvrsprt

Multifunction switch diagram or help

I just got a multifunction switch for my 01 for $7.70 at the junk yard. They aer only $65 at the parts store. It doesnt go buy multifunction switch though, its the turn signal switch. If you havent replaced yours yet, let me know. Id be happy to help you out and run back to the yard and pull...
  11. 01slvrsprt

Just purchased Explorer...brake lights do not work!!!

Thanks for this thread. I also have a 01 X Sport and started having the EXACT same problems last week. First it was the front left turn signal working then not working the working then not working. Then the rear brake lights went out then they worked then they didnt. Then the left rear turn...
  12. 01slvrsprt

Ranger Leafs

Scenario: Girlfriends '99 Ranger 2wd 4cyl cracked the passenger side leaf spring. Obviously, needs to be replaced. Outcome A: Buy new/used OEM leaf spring Outcome B: Buy new/used lift leaf springs Who can help me with the answer? The Rangers can be torsion twisted up...
  13. 01slvrsprt

6" Closer to GOD

Nope, nothing special. COuple of dirt trails by my house, but thats it. Still my daily drive so im alittle hesitant taking it to far. If a group of guys from chitown area would get together I would prob join them though.
  14. 01slvrsprt

Attention IL Drivers

The Illinois Secretary of State’s office is offering a new service connected to your driver’s license. You can click on the link below to add two emergency contacts to your license data. Then, if you are incapacitated in some way, your license can be scanned and the emergency contacts...
  15. 01slvrsprt

tt, shackle, bolt pattern...no searching for me

I have a 01 sport and did what you are doing. click on the link in my header, there are quite a few pics of "in the process" of doing the mods. I do have more also that i can post if you want more.
  16. 01slvrsprt

31" tires on a sport

I have a 01 sport. I have a TT and the WAR153 and a 3" body lift. I put 33's on mine and still had to trim for the front tires and quite abit. I guess since some say it works clean and clear and others(myself included) need to do alitttle trimming, id say its a hit or miss situation. Id go for...
  17. 01slvrsprt

The Cliffs - Marseilles, IL - November 28

So whats going on, is this happpening or not?
  18. 01slvrsprt

The Cliffs - Marseilles, IL - November 28

I may be up for this. Keep me updated......
  19. 01slvrsprt

6" Closer to GOD

I was taking off from a light. Nothing big. I know u joints are cheap, this isnt first time ive broken one. Broke 1 on my mustang and my econoline 150. The kicker was the yoke on the shaft got split and I was 2 hrs from home. It ran me about $350 to get a new shaft and I had the mechanic replace...
  20. 01slvrsprt

Need help finding a thread...

I look and look and look. Then I post asking for help, then look some more and find it. Always happens. Found what I was looking for.
  21. 01slvrsprt

Custom gauge faces that you can make out of paper

Does any1 have any1 links, non of them are working
  22. 01slvrsprt

Need help finding a thread...

About 6 months ago I found a thread that told how to replace the background of your speedo with any type of pic that you wanted. Ive been looking all over for it and cant find it. Dont remember what section it was in or anything else about it. Does any1 know what thread im looking for and where...
  23. 01slvrsprt

6" Closer to GOD

Ya Im still alive. Ive been really busy with work and my bike. My X almost died on Sun. I snapped my U joint in Lake Zurich and destroyed the driveshft when it hit the ground. I had to have it fixed up there, I was to far from home to have it towed home to do it myself. That sucked.
  24. 01slvrsprt

6" Closer to GOD

I dont recall the exact name of the type but I know it was Krylons paint for plastic. I scuffed the plastic very well and applied 3 coats of paint. I have 2 or 3 very small spots(quarter size) were it has just recently worn off. I believe do to the road conditions on the e-way. But overall has...
Back