Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Chinese Key Fobs work?

Well, it's 20 year old technology, and like most stuff that old it's relatively simple to clone it now for pennies.
  2. R

Chinese Key Fobs work?

Need a 4 button for my 2002 XLT, I can 4 Chinese fobs for $11 vs 1 OEM for $40, do the Chinese ones work or problems?
  3. R

Radio stays on when truck shut down...

FWIW, I have replaced both front door switched and the radio still stays on.
  4. R

Everywhere I look (except Ford) shows them as both sides the same. I went through 3 of those "Check to see if this fits your vehicle" things, Ebay, Amazon and Autozone, all said it fits both sides.
  5. R

2 years I had the DOOR AJAR warning and ended up replacing the drivers 1L2Z-14018-AB jamb switch. When working properly, if the radio was on when I turned the ignition off it would stay on until I opened and closed the drivers door and then shut off. Now I must turn the radio off manually. I...
  6. R

Radiator, AC Condensor, PS Cooler and Tranny Cooler, which is which, w/ Pics!

May be a stupid question but for Techguru, if I was to upgrade the axle to a 3.73 do I just do the rear or does something need to be done to the front differential also?
  7. R

It's about 500 ft drop to sea level over the10 mile trip to the water.
  8. R

Maybe a 4000 boat/trailer 1-2 times a week 10 miles to the dock and back, I should be OK. If the trailer brakes are electric I have to get the controller, if they're surge brakes I won't, but thanks for the advice.
  9. R

5r55s transmission upgrade or swap options

And Ford does the manufacturing themselves? Not sure if I would them trust more, Ford made enough mistakes on this truck...Thanks for the opinion, will take it under consideration.
  10. R

Hmmm. Will have to have my guy price out both but he seems bent on Jasper. He's the one that will have to do the work replacing it if it goes. Will let you know what's decided. Does Ford sell new and re-manufactured trannys?
  11. R

My truck is a 2002 AWD XLT. I did not get the tow package, it came with the 1-1/4" Class II hitch. I have added a 2" Class III hitch with a bolt on kit from Hidden Hitch. I'm in the market for a larger fishing boat and started doing research about how much I could tow and found out that, other...
  12. R

Thanks Scott. I've been doing some reading up on the tranny since posting and it seems that "Remanufactured" transmissions are updated when assembled to the current engineering standards, meaning Jasper installs all necessary upgrades when assembling. They seem to get some good reviews on the...
  13. R

2002, 4.0 V6, 5spd., 4WD, 3.55 axle, came with Class II hitch package...upgrade?

Still trying to figure this out but have realized I will need a smaller boat. If I put in a tranny cooler will the 3.55 rear allow me to tow up to 5000 lbs. with the aftermarket hitch? I will only be towing about 20 miles each time to the boat ramp and back.
  14. R

Reviving this, I have a 2002 Explorer, AWD and though it only has 48K on it, I will need a new tranny, not shifting into 2nd or OD. I went through all the diagnostics, all point towards replacement. My door code for the tranny is "V" which some websites show as the 5r55s, other 5r55w. I...
  15. R

Website to find original towing specs by VIN NUMBER?

I have a 2002 V6 Ford Explorer 4 x 4. Is there anyway to punch the VIN number into a database to find out if it was set up for with the towing package? It has an aftermarket class III hitch bolted on but I'm not sure if the oil cooler and radiator were upgraded.
  16. R

Where is the TCC fuse?

Yeah, had that checked. Need a new tranny.
  17. R

Where is the TCC fuse?

I have to back off 1st gear to shift into second when cold, other wise OK when warm. I get about the same speed in 4th as you.
  18. R

Where is the TCC fuse?

What's a shift flare? What's top mph?
  19. R

Where is the TCC fuse?

I did the tachometer read test on the way to the mechanic. At 55 on a level rd tapping the gas very lightly caused the tach to jump 3-400 rpm. And yes, I am still a bit confused, am I going to need a new tranny or rebuild? thanks for the help.
  20. R

Where is the TCC fuse?

Just got back from my mechanic , the codes are P0732, Gear 2 incorrect ratio P0735, Gear 5 incorrect ratio P0775, Pressure Control Solenoid I had the Ford dealer do a tranny drain and fill about 2000 miles ago and now this happens What to do. I can drive for now, just not much over 50, it...
  21. R

Where is the TCC fuse?

I think you're missing the point. At 50 mph the light starts flashing ad doesn't stop until the engine is turned off. While the light is flashing pressing the button does nothing.
  22. R

Where is the TCC fuse?

Getting the codes read tomorrow, will report back. To do the road test you suggest at 55mph the O/D Off light will start to flash, does that make a difference?
  23. R

Where is the TCC fuse?

2002 V6 Explorer, 48K mi. The O/D Off light has started flashing when I get up to 50mph. I have read here probably the TCC (Torque Converter Clutch) but I should first check the TCC fuse to make sure it's still good. I've been through my manual and there is no mention of a TCC fuse in the...
  24. R

Recommend OBDII unit for iPhone

Some quick research has the OBD Fusion App with the BAFX OBDII WiFi as a good basic setup. Your thoughts?
Back