Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Seat Swap

I don't think they would bolt up the same. Grab a tape measure and see what the spacing is on the bolts. Of course you could always weld it, measure everything: seat height with tracks, width shouldn't be a problem. Leave enough room for reclining? The carpeting is only held in by the trim...
  2. D

Seat Swap

I don't think you'd be able to get anything to fit out of a Ranger. Maybe out of an expedition or something.
  3. D

Seat Swap

That should bolt right up
  4. D

1998 Explorer Sport 4 Door

making that picture definitely motivated me to get this done. I'm in school getting my associates degree in welding. So, when i'm finished, this should be a piece of cake.
  5. D

Pretty good picture for using my laptop touch pad and ms paint ^_^
  6. D

Cheap microsoft paint edit of what i'd want it to look like
  7. D

I know! After checking out some pictures of Rangers and Sports I've determined the doors will need heavy modding. The Ranger door would contact the wheel well so that part of the door would have to be trimmed down. Then the other concern i see is the rear glass shape is skewed. Not sure how the...
  8. D

Seat Swap

Same here. Just different receivers. And holes in the carpet now :P
  9. D

Seat Swap

The seats ride taller by maybe a half inch. It gives it more of a truck feel to me. Also, i had been riding with a broken, partially reclined seat for almost 3 years so i can't remember what the old seat vertical felt like. I like a little more upright posture than most. they feel great to me. I...
  10. D

I'm looking to modify my Sport to have rear doors similar to a Ranger extended cab. Anyone know if anyone has done this yet? I have been checking the body styles and if i take the doors from a ranger they would have to be modified significantly. I'm willing to do all the work i need to but i'd...
  11. D

Seat Swap

Seats in action from drivers side
  12. D

Seat Swap

So, my driver recliner bolt (Ford recalled) broke because i never took it in for the recall. Because it broke several other things broke on the truck which Ford will not replace for free. *sad face* So, since i work at a lube shop, i took a tape measure to work with me to check the measurements...
  13. D

How To: Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint Replacement (Lots of Pictures)

trouble Tried to replace mine and couldn't get the back camber bolt out to release the arm. Got blocked by the frame and some of the lines that are clamped to it. Any tips?
  14. D

2004 heater control problem

heh, forgot to update and say that i got it. It was the actuator. And because i didn't take apart the whole dash to get to it, it took me almost 2 hours to finish. Had to use fingertips with tape, sticky-side out, so that the socket wouldn't slip.
  15. D

Helix Throttlebody Spacer ?

I bought a throttle body spacer, not an intake spacer
  16. D

Ha, i didn't even see the date on it. It's not my first tank, but it's not the 10th either. And i know most everyone frowns on them. I also don't see many people trying them out to see what happens. I'm still in my return policy so i can always send it back. I have no idea where a dyno is...
  17. D

Figured i would try one of these so we could all see what the difference would be. Every time i fill up my tank i reset the trip so i can monitor my mileage. I average 244 or so for the 16-ish gallons before the Check Gage light comes on. After installing the TB spacer i made it to 275...
  18. D

new truck, need help cheatin' the parents

Lord, is that a tape deck?
  19. D

Just got the actuator out of mine. I think the hardest part will be putting the new one back in. It was fingertips for the back screw on the beast. The part is $40 here at oreilly though.
  20. D

mine makes a lot of clicking until it finishes cutting over
  21. D

My current heating issue

Mine is doing this also. What is the blend door?
  22. D

bench seat...in the front.

Have they sent you any letters? If not you can go here http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-recalls/09-int/1991/ford/explorer/index.html to see what they need to do. Go to the dealer and mention that you just got the truck.
  23. D

Painting my Trim

4 or 5 of black, about 3 clear coat, and two bed liner.
  24. D

tire cupping

Are they the right size tire for ex? And is that the recommended pressure?
  25. D

Instrument Panel Lighting

thanks... i was surprised how well my camera phone worked on those
Back