Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

A4LD stuck in forward, even while in neutral and reverse.

Ahh, finally. Update Here is the update I promised. Finally got the tranny put back together. Used my alignment tool from www.transpartsusa.com, side note, I had to take a brake hone to the inside of the tool to get it down over the input shaft. When building this tranny details,details...
  2. C

Yeah if its like mine, then them clutches and steels are junk, needing replacement. I did order my alignment tool and Sonnax hoot-en-dooter from Transparts USA, Do you get a commission BrooklynBay?! Kidding, they seem very prompt on getting parts out. I assume the Sonnax part has instructions...
  3. C

p.s. Sorry I forgot BrooklynBay: I take it you recommend that Sonnax sleeve? And also what kind of pump alignment tool to have / recommend? The tranny shops around here want to charge 60 - 85 bucks to set up the pump alignment. I've found the tool for 80 bucks on the net, so...... what do you...
  4. C

Forward Clutches Brooklynbay is on to my problem I see! It was the forward clutches that were smoked. And smoked I'm meaning the friction material was worn off and the metal that was left kind of welded itself to the steels. But the other clutches in the same drum (other end) were just fine...
  5. C

Update Trans is finally going together. Did find the prob with reverse. Clutch pack was smoked. Ended up having to buy new steels for it also. I can't say enough good about Transtar Industries. www.transtar1.com Darn helpful and they sell to the public. Wish I would have known about them 4...
  6. C

Yeah the two servos and the converter lockup solenoid was bad, oh and the vacuum modulator were all bad parts. But yes I will let you know how it comes out, I'm fixin' to start assembling here soon!
  7. C

Same problem For what its worth, my A4LD was doing the same exact thing. I tried the cheap way first w/ doing the shift kit (Transgo) per one of the sticky threads. But that didn't work so I dropped it out and am going through it now, heres what I've replaced so far: had the torque converter...
  8. C

A4LD Linkage centering pin removal - Help!

Hey guys, I'm in the middle of an A4LD rebuild, only thing holding me up from the hot tank is that pesky little steel pin in an aluminum case, that won't come out. Tried pulling, twisting w/ needle nose Vise Grips, all the while making smaller. So I resorted to drilling an all so small hole and...
  9. C

How big is our gas tank?

How far on a tank then? Hey there, newbie Explorer owner here. How far can I expect to go on this 19.5/22 gal tank? (When I get her back on the road!) Just curious as I'm coming from a 74 early Bronc with a 351W, w? not so good mileage! Thanks!
Back