Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

O/D flashing

1998 Explorer V8 5.0L XLT AWD possible daughters future car depending on outcome of this. flashing O/D light, AAMCO free tranny read gave code P0782, described as "2-3 shift". Search turned up no sticky's. If this isn't fixable in my garage considering selling vehicle at extreme discount...
  2. G

How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS

You're probably sick of this by now but Awesome Post ncc! I'm doing my '98 XLT this weekend. If only all how-to's were this thorough! 2 thumbs WAY UP! I really appreciate this, words cannot adequately describe!! Have you considered youtube repair videos? There's a guy on saturnfans.com...
  3. G

Leaning to the left?

Swapped my leaf springs today. It still leans left. Man, that was a long job. The design didn't match my CHilton manual. Chilton had springs on top of the axle, mine are below. Also looked at MountaneerGreens guide and about 1/2 of it didn't match. I started on the passenger side as well...
  4. G

Backseat windows not working

Does silicone spray eat the window guides? What is the best lubricant for window guides? I was thinking of using dri-glide or some graphite dust type lube so the guides don't whither away. If WD40 or 3 in 1 oil are bad I'd like to know that too.
  5. G

Leaning to the left?

pics or sticky or How-To I'm with Scandal and beach, Jason. doing it and typing it is one thing but seeing it in pictures like some of the absolutely fantastic posts/threads on this site is another. It actually inspires me to see it done on in a picture by picture basis. Actually on...
  6. G

'98 XLT sags to the left

Good advice. thank you. The sagging is in the back. What kind of leaf springs should I get if I want a smoother ride? I also will need to be able to tow my 3170 lb. pontoon + trailer.
  7. G

'98 XLT sags to the left

and alot around LH turn corners. Does this mean replace a leaf spring? shocks? both? Also, very rough ride. Incredibly bouncy on 35 North of Sandstone, MN! especially with my boat on the back.
Back