Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

How to: 4x4 Troubleshooting guide

The gremlin within system ended up being a faulty transfer case control module, as it would work intermitenly, and this was the cause for the dash lights to come on in a pulsing sequence while in 2wd. This is somewhat a rare accurance according to a tech I know as the motor then switch...
  2. K

4x4 engaged perfectly, but now Truck is stuck in 4Lo as stated above and lights no longer work. Re-tested module and no blinks, no clicking, no lights in dash, fuses good. I will continue to find this gremlin in system and write in later as this may help other members, thanks for the help.
  3. K

pwr and grounds are good to the module and relays are all working.. when i plugged everything back in and engaged 4hi system worked properly. as soon as i pushed 4lo it temp. engaged and all lights started to flash then all lights went out and now have a system that is not working again...
  4. K

I have a 94 ranger Ext. that has a problem w/ the 4x4. It would engage when it wanted to, & at times not. The lights in dash would light up intermitenly when in 2wd. I repllaced the transmission shifts linkage cable last week which has nothing to do w/ this but then also changed the 4x4 worm...
Back